collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wonder Woman movie  (Read 1189 times)

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
Wonder Woman movie
« on: June 09, 2017, 03:09:39 PM »
I just saw it yesterday and it was awesome! Has anyone else seen it or going to? 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Wonder Woman movie
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »
I saw it with my roommate.  We both loved it.  Wonder Woman was always a character I was "eh" about when I read DC Comics.  I once read an article that described her as "a set of ideals searching for a personality."  Well, this movie did a great job of fleshing her out as a person, while also celebrating what makes her a classic hero.

My favorite thing about the movie, which I wasn't expecting at all, was that it was so funny.  That scene on the boat!  The whole theater was cracking up.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 08:14:10 PM »
I saw it, and have mixed feelings about it. It's better than the other DC Cinematic Universe movies so far, but it still wasn't amazing. The first two thirds were solid, but the last act was just slap-dash, to me.

I won't post spoilers, but the final fight felt very Superman to me. DC has a hard time with making their supergodlypowered heros work for me, I think.

I loved the time spent on the island, however. I could watch a whole movie of Diana growing up.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 01:14:52 AM »
I thought it had potential in the beginning and it was good the first third, but not awesome, and boring bitewise in the other third. The fightingscene in the end was so clichee and iwannaputmyheadinapillowembarrassing. Everyone else apparently thought it was great and I just felt nononononononooo. WW was so great and showed so much potential in Batman vs Superman and I was so hyped for this one and was so dissapointed after watching :(. She was one of my favorite superheroes when I was a kid and I was so stoked about her getting her own movie. Now I wished I hadn't seen it.

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 09:23:59 AM »
I think it's the best movie DC has done in a while, but I sincerely wish

Spoiler
Ares hadn't just gone crazy violent at the end. He was a compelling villain until then, and I even found myself agreeing with some of his points...and then he had to go and ruin it by doing the typical overpowered supervillain thing. It also made me laugh a little to see Professor Lupin's face peeking out of a big, scary helmet.
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 10:59:57 AM »
I haven't seen it but I want to.  I'll probably wait and rent it.  Did you guys know people were complaining about the fact that she didn't have hairy underarms?  Apparently people were saying she wouldn't have time to shave them while in battle, etc.  Really?  I personally would be disgusted to see that in a film.

Offline ember86

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »
I haven't seen it but I want to.  I'll probably wait and rent it.  Did you guys know people were complaining about the fact that she didn't have hairy underarms?  Apparently people were saying she wouldn't have time to shave them while in battle, etc.  Really?  I personally would be disgusted to see that in a film.

Seriously? 
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »

I don't personally see a woman having underarm hair as disgusting. I mean, it's just hair. Nothing wrong with it inherently. :) That said, that does seem like a weirdly specific and nitpicky thing to complain about...
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 09:40:28 PM »
Saw it this morning. 

Such a fun superhero movie and, IMHO, the best DC movie (not counting the old, Christopher Reeve Superman films.)  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 10:11:01 PM »
Saw it and it was just okay. With 30 years of superhero movies under my belt I'm a hard one to impress and this one didn't come close.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 10:06:56 AM »
I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like it is one of the best DC movie to date, and I'm SUPER excited!

Also I just love WW and I think the actress they picked is perfect!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 09:03:21 AM »
Saw it last night with the boyfriend. It was pretty good. I didn't like how they butchered Greek mythology and I could have done without the copious amounts of bullet time shots and slo-mo sexy strutting, but I enjoyed it. Gal Godot makes a great Wonder Woman.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 09:12:34 AM »

I remember reading about that. I wouldn't have been disgusted, myself. Hair is natural; some of us women just like having smooth armpits and legs while others embrace the hair that grows there. There's nothing wrong with either. What is wrong is the women out there who belittle those of us who like to shave. Like, yeah no, I'm doing this for myself because I want to. No one is forcing me to do it. We all have a choice. Ugh.

Anyway, I thought the movie was great. Definitely one of the better DC films. I'm looking forward to the Justice League movie now!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 09:40:17 AM »
I like how she was both naive in some areas, but calmly knowledgeable in others. She's a multi dimensional character who learned and grew and that's good.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal