collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: people who grew up with g3?  (Read 3612 times)

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: people who grew up with g3?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 10:10:52 PM »
i grew up with g3, but could never afford one when i was younger. i remember going to toystores and looking at them. my first was a cinnamon breeze that someone had thrown out, which i got in 2009?
:happy:

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 10:20:13 PM »
One of my first ponies was Sparkleworks! I got her around the time I got Minty, Star Swirl, Sunny Daze, Autumn Skye, and Rainbow Dash. Not sure who I got first.

Since someone mentioned being curious about our stories, here's the game I played:

Spoiler
Lily Lightly was Queen of Ponyland. Brights Brightly (my only other unicorn) was her second-in-command. Breezie, with her scooter, was the sheriff of Ponyville. Lily Lightly went missing and Brights tasked Breezie with finding her.

In Ponyville, Minty and Cotton Candy were a couple and owned the Cotton Candy Cafe. That was always where I would start my games, with a little slice of life play. My G2 ponies were teenagers who liked to come to the Cafe.

I had the Butterfly Island playset too, and Star Catcher was the leader of that island. Hono-loo-loo (sp?) was her baby. Lily Lightly actually ended up in Butterfly Island, but I don't remember how she got there! A lot of the story is blurry to me now.
Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2017, 12:45:30 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Alright I give! Here are my girls!
And the towel too. ;)
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2017, 07:06:26 AM »
I didn't but when my youngest sister was into ponies, she was growing up with G3.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2017, 07:23:41 AM »
One of my first ponies was Sparkleworks! I got her around the time I got Minty, Star Swirl, Sunny Daze, Autumn Skye, and Rainbow Dash. Not sure who I got first.

Since someone mentioned being curious about our stories, here's the game I played:

Spoiler
Lily Lightly was Queen of Ponyland. Brights Brightly (my only other unicorn) was her second-in-command. Breezie, with her scooter, was the sheriff of Ponyville. Lily Lightly went missing and Brights tasked Breezie with finding her.

In Ponyville, Minty and Cotton Candy were a couple and owned the Cotton Candy Cafe. That was always where I would start my games, with a little slice of life play. My G2 ponies were teenagers who liked to come to the Cafe.

I had the Butterfly Island playset too, and Star Catcher was the leader of that island. Hono-loo-loo (sp?) was her baby. Lily Lightly actually ended up in Butterfly Island, but I don't remember how she got there! A lot of the story is blurry to me now.

That is really cute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2017, 07:05:29 PM »
I grew up g3 era (1999 baby here) and altho I love ponies now I didnt think about them that much as I was more in to barbie and LPS. Me and my sister had  a few things but yeah :P
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2017, 09:44:14 PM »
I did aswell! My first ponies were all for Christmas, I had 6. I saw one of those older G3 commercials, with these strange, almost 3D CGI ponies I think, and I was captivated. They were all I wanted from then on! I'd never seen an MLP before. When everyone asked me what I wanted for Christmas that year, all I said to everyone who asked was ponies. So I got ponies!!
My firsts were Kimono, Snowflake, and the Cotton Candy Cafe which came with Sparkleworks, Cotton Candy, Meadowbrooke and Starswirl. I played with them as much as humanly possible, and the Cafe. 

My aunt, too, was nostalgic about the ponies and contributed to my pony habits frequently. xD Eventually she gave me all her ponies, too!

Unfortunately all my ponies live across the country at the moment.
I really really miss them. :c I'll see them this Christmas though, lol! (I'm thinking I might try to stuff my favourites in my suitcase to take back, but that's a slippery slope because I really love them all, I think I have nearly 200 ponies last time I counted, they fill a Rubbermaid box, so that's hard. :'c I hope they're doing well in their little box...)

Unfortunately I don't have the Cafe anymore, or any of my ponies' accessories (I do have all their clothes still though!) because they just took up so much room and I only cared for the ponies anyway, once I stopped playing with them as much and just turned to collecting them. I do kick myself sometimes though at the money I could've made, I had BUCKETS of G1-G3 accessories and tons of houses. My mom sold all the stuff at garage sales and such. I hope they went to good homes.

However, my collection remains entirely intact, and I've never lost a single pony! My aunt did before she gave her collection to me though, so I missed out on some rad little baby seaponies. :c I hope they ended up somewhere nice, too.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 10:00:32 PM by Kingsly »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 04:23:16 PM »
I was born in 1984 so I technically grew up with G1's but I was still young and didn't really remember much of the episodes since I was still young at the time.  I didn't start getting into G1's until the started doing reruns around early 90's.  I was there when G3's were out but not right away as I didn't know they were out.  I was in my early 20's and I randomly heard a commercial for the Cotton Candy Cafe but before that I heard "My Little Pony, My Little Pony" and I probably almost gave myself whiplash turning around to look at the TV.  I got well onto G3's after that and it was like reliving G1's with all the colors and variety. 

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »
1998 kid here! :thumb: I think I am the first one here who got Sparkleworks only now :biggrin: I got into them fairly late, my first ever G3 was styling size Rainbow Dash. They were expensive and my parents always insisted buying the cheaper fakies which is why, before I returned to ponies, I had a ton of fakies and only two of the real deal...

I followed ponies until G4, then I lost interest. They were just not the same cute and cuddly ponies I grew up with. But then about 4 years ago I found my old arena account and started collecting ponies that I couldn't have in my childhood :)

Btw I still have these two ponies, RD is heavily played with, has messy hair and sticker stains(she came with stickers that I put all over her body and took off later lol). Second one is Ponyville Scootaloo who is perfectly fine. They both share a self with my other ponies :)
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 11:53:20 AM »
I wasn't the biggest fan of ponies when I was little, but I did grow up with a few G3s. I had Rainbow Flash, Petal Blossom, Baby Flower Flash, Baby Romperooni, and Scooter Sprite. I only remember getting Scooter Sprite and I loved playing with her scooter. I believe she was a present from my babysitter for my fifth birthday

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2017, 06:22:57 PM »
I grew up with G2s, but got into G3's and started collecting.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline babypowder

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 05:10:27 PM »
I just want to pop in and say that I didn't exactly grow up with G3, but my first ponies were one of the Core 7 when they were out in stores ( my dad got it for me, I was probably 6 or 7), and I quickly fell in love with ponies and bought a lot of the earlier ones. Then G3.5 happened, and I didn't like the looks of them, so I was ponyless for a little while. The pony craze started again later when G4'S came out and I saw Twilight Sparkle.
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Offline Olympus

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 07:07:42 AM »
1993 baby here! I vaguely remember seeing the commercials and clips of the cartoon on TV, but I don't *think* I had any ponies myself. Probably thought that they were 'ew' and didn't bother with them (which I'm kicking myself for now).

Childhood me wasn't much of a doll and plastic toy kind of gal. Was way more interested in stuffed animals and those plastic play tents that probably got me high off of their toxic fumes. I can still remember the smell like it was yesterday...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal