collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: people who grew up with g3?  (Read 3644 times)

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
people who grew up with g3?
« on: June 08, 2017, 06:59:34 AM »
since the collectors who grew up with g3 are becoming mature collectors, i was curious as to how many people on the arena grew up with g3? :wonder: i grew up with g3 myself, my aunts who were nostalgic about their childhoods buying me ponies for birthdays. even so, it would take longer for my passion about ponies to develop.
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
Re: people who grew up with g3?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 07:24:46 AM »
I did! Sparkleworks was my first pony in I think it was 2004? I had a collection of around 50 G3s by the time I was seven or eight, as well as a few G1s that my grandad got from car boot sales.
Unfortunately I gave all my ponies away when my family and friends convinced me I was too old for them, so aside from a couple I found in my house recently, I don't have any of my childhood collection left.

I started collecting G4 in 2013 and they make up most of my collection, though I have a few charity shop finds that are previous gens.

Offline preciousstar

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:55:55 AM »
oh, what a coincidence! Sparkleworks was also my first pony :biggrin: i started collecting g4 right around then as well.
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Offline BubblegumSlippers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 08:06:39 AM »
I did too!  :)
I loved them so much. Ponies were my biggest passion at that time, anything that had ponies or horses; it had to be mine. I'd watch different cartoons with horses and G3 My Little Pony. I had a collection that included 3 G3 ponies and 1 G3 McDonald's one; as for the rest, they were fakies or other brands.
My favorite was G3 Daybreak. I miss her a lot. She's pretty pricey on ebay, but I'll save up hopefully.
I gave them away years and years ago telling myself I was too old for them. I regret it but oh well.
I'm sure I'll have them one day  :happy:

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 08:12:27 AM »
I grew up with g3 too! My first pony was periwinkle, them magic marigold and wind drifter. I also had about 20 fakies. I wasn't crazy into ponies but they never went in the loft or got sold, unlike my care a lot castle and figures :pout: So I must have liked them quite a bit and all are still with me today :) 
I didn't get super into ponies until I was 10 or 11 however, but since then I've been pony mad!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Joan2Luna

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
    • The MLP Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 08:21:01 AM »
Me too, and I have almost all of them, except for Citrus Sweetheart. She was one of my favourites, but I lost her when I moved in 2009. Can you believe I have only lost one pony in my entire life and she turned out to be hard to find?

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »
i was a g3 kid! :-)

my first pony was sunny daze! i think my favorite pony was star catcher, since she had shiny wings *u*

i got rid of all mine eventually, garage sales and passing them down to younger friends, etc. :'-o

in 2011, i started collecting again with 3.5 sweetie belle  :lovey:

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 08:35:35 AM »
I sort of grew up with G3. I mean sort of because I was actually 12 or 13 when G3 started. So I had done a lot of growing without any ponies in my life. But I bought G3 ponies during the time they were out.

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 09:51:03 AM »
oh, what a coincidence! Sparkleworks was also my first pony :biggrin: i started collecting g4 right around then as well.

This was the Sparkleworks I had:

Picture is obviously not mine because my Sparkleworks was given away a long time ago. I can only hope she found a good home. I was quite good at looking after my ponies so there's quite a possibility she's with a collector now.

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 11:15:07 AM »
I did! I was 8 in 2003 and had been previously collecting/playing with G1 ponies, since my aunts had given me their collection. I remember seeing the G3s on the shelves in wal-mart and excitedly exclaiming to my mother, "They're back!!"

My first G3 was Pinkie Pie!

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

Offline preciousstar

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »
i love all of your stories :lovey: it's amazing to see so many other g3 children!

This was the Sparkleworks I had:

Picture is obviously not mine because my Sparkleworks was given away a long time ago. I can only hope she found a good home. I was quite good at looking after my ponies so there's quite a possibility she's with a collector now.

oh my goodness! this is mine:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 04:43:16 PM »
(excited waving) Hi there! My first was actually Strawberry Swirl (why I made her into a secondary ponysona), but I adored Sparkleworks too for some reason lol. She must be magic or something!

I remember begging the heck outta my mom to buy me a beach towel because it specifically had her on it. I still have it thankfully, maybe I should take pictures when I get my butt on my computer.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 04:50:48 PM »
I did! Sparkleworks must have has some magical power over all of us because she was my first pony too!  :lol: If we want to get really technical though I only got interested in MLP because my younger sister got the Cotton Candy shop and pony for her birthday and I thought it was cute and wanted some ponies for myself. We were both hooked for a while and always spent our report card money on nothing but ponies. She finally outgrew them, but I could never bring myself to let go of them so I bought her collection off of her and added it to my own. I still have all of our childhood ponies to this day!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Heart891011

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »
I collected them as a child, but I no longer have them. I sold them on eBay because I thought I was too old (and now I don't have room for them anyways because they're too big. I only collect G4 and G4.5 now) my first ponies were island rainbow and sapphire shores (I wanted a yellow pony with a gem cutie mark, but they didn't have one. Island Rainbow was orange and that's the closest to yellow the store had and sapphire shores was the only pony with a gem cutie mark left at the store)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 05:48:21 PM »
I was a G3 kid!  I got Tink-a-Tink-a-Too as my first pony when I was in first or second grade.  Now I'm set to be a senior in college in the Fall!  I am lucky to still have my whole childhood herd, especially considering there was a quite a near miss where nearly all of them were almost lost in a move!  Thankfully the box turned up and I got my girls back. 

Oddly enough, before I got Tink, I was sooo opposed to MLPs because they didn't look like "real horses" but then I saw them in person and I was hooked.  My aunt got me a bunch of the play sets (my favorite being Butterfly Island) so I had quite the pony town going in the corner of my bedroom.  Unfortunately I don't have room to have my play sets displayed anymore in my family's current house, but I do have all my ponies out on display which is lovely!  I still have all my play sets packed away :)

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal