collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lady Lovely Locks help  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
Lady Lovely Locks help
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:38:03 AM »
I bought a lot of LLL dolls on Ebay, but I made sure to contact the seller first and asked if they had spots. I have to be extremely careful about the quality of vintage toys I buy due to my daughter getting lead poisoned as a baby (long story, it was not from toys but we have to be careful). I explained why I was asking and the seller responded that she was familiar with the spots that LLL and Barbies get and these dolls were spot free. I got the package just now and LLL and CC are spot free, but MF and DR are covered in spots. I emailed her to resolve it, but I have a few questions about the spots.

1.) Can other toys catch them (like pony pox)? I have spent a small fortune recollecting toys this past year and I do not want to see my investment ruined :(

2.) Is there a way to seal the doll's legs to safely display them?

3.) Since the other two dolls were stored with them with they get it too?

I am thinking of asking for a partial refund and sending back the inflicted dolls, but if the others might get them too I am not sure I want to keep the lot.

CA

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
Re: Lady Lovely Locks help
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:50:21 AM »
as far as i know "pony pox" or "cancer" is not contagious to anybody at all, including other dolls. im pretty sure this was a misconception that one pony would catch it and then seemingly other ponies would follow suit. but the problem wasn't that one pony had caught it first, its just that the conditions the ponies were kept in were leading to cancer forming.

what CAN spread is mold, but in the case of dolls, that probably isnt likely since mold usually resides on the inside.
it is possible that in the trip to you they developed the spots, but that would mean that the seller packaged them very poorly, and i would still ask for a partial refund/resend the dolls if it bothers you that much.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 08:52:57 AM »
Ah, OK. It has been so long since I collected stuff the last I knew it was like a pox that spread - LOL!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 06:09:17 PM »
I think the white spots on LLL dolls legs is more like regrind not pony cancer. I could be wrong but I think that's what I've read before. In which case it isn't contagious.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:15:10 PM »
Yeah I can confirm it's a regrind issue but that doesn't mean one doesn't want to be careful.  LLL is pretty notorious for this issue too.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 10:26:57 PM »
Can you rebody the dolls. I have dolls that have spots on them and rebodied them on dolls that don't have spots. Need to get a 90s Ken doll for my Derek doll head.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 10:54:23 AM »
The seller is amazing. I contacted her and she gave me a few options. I ultimately chose a refund and I shipped them back. I think I am just going to have to skip collecting them. Which toy giant can we convince to reboot the line? LOL!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal