collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Big Pokemon News???  (Read 2753 times)

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
Re: Big Pokemon News???
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 10:41:08 AM »
Okay so they announced Pokken Tournament for the Switch,  UltraSun and UltraMoon for 3DS (coming in November), and re-release of GOLD and SILVER in September for 3DS play.

The only one of those that I'm excited about is Gold and Silver because my first game was Crystal (which I hope they add to the lineup) and I'd love to play the original Johto games again.  And they will be Pokebank compatible so now I can transfer all the legendaries to a newer game.

*high fives* Crystal Forever!! I feel like no one played this except for me hahah.

I am not so excited about any of this yet. Unless they announce some crazy things for the Ultra games, I'm still on the fence.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »
I have never been less hyped for the release of new Pokemon games.

I guess Sun/Moon just disappointed me. Even though this might be a chance to redeem them, I don't have any confidence they will. I know we have close to no details, though.

Diamond/Pearl remakes would have been more exciting. I miss Kalos, too. I think they swept that beautiful region under the rug too soon. Alola isn't as exciting, IMO. There aren't any new areas left to explore.

Pokken is such a meh announcement. I'm glad it wasn't all they had here, but still... It just furthers the Switch as that Wii U port console. I might be too harsh. I'm sure for a new Pokemon game they'll release the next generation on the Switch. But still... Couldn't they have developed anything new at all for the Switch. Like a Pokken sequel instead?

Gold/Silver on the VC is great... But the lack of Crystal hurts. Crystal is one of my top favorite games. I don't want to have to go back to a Pokemon game that doesn't even let me be female. So unless they release Crystal I may not be purchasing either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 12:01:18 PM »
I miss Kalos, too. I think they swept that beautiful region under the rug too soon.

I definitely agree with this. I'm still upset that we never got a Z version, which seemed sooooo obvious! Everything about that generation just seemed so underutilized... I miss it, too! I did enjoy Moon, but having a third game in the 6th generation would've been great.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 12:16:20 PM »
I miss Kalos, too. I think they swept that beautiful region under the rug too soon.

I definitely agree with this. I'm still upset that we never got a Z version, which seemed sooooo obvious! Everything about that generation just seemed so underutilized... I miss it, too! I did enjoy Moon, but having a third game in the 6th generation would've been great.

I haven't bought a third version since Crystal, but I was convinced I would for sure with X/Y since I wanted to play through it again.

Oh well, imagine if they implement Kalos into a Switch game, fully remade, reimagined into 3D/HD environments (I know that they were in 3D, but they still felt like 2D environments if you know what I mean).

Why am I even dreaming of this? It won't happen.  :sad:

|My Collection|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 01:13:39 PM »
Oh, how disappointing :( I was hoping for something a bit more.. well exciting. Honestly I haven't even finished regular Moon, in part because I thought it was kind of disappointing.. so I'm not really interested in a redone version, either. :/ Oh well.

Also, UltraSun/UltraMoon is a really silly name. :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 02:07:09 PM »
Aww no Crystal?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 06:22:00 PM »
That was it?! I was at least hoping for a new game entirely, or a proper re-release of a GB game, rather than more ports... Ultra Su/Mo? That seems so... pointless, playing the entire region not 3, but 4 times for a few extra pokemon. And I adored Heartgold/Soulsilver so I would only go back to Gold/silver if I had pokebank to get Ho-oh/Lugia again, and I don't, so there's that. I probably won't buy more than one of these. I have Sun, so maybe I'll get Ultra Moon instead of regular Moon to collect the legendaries?

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 06:32:02 PM »
Oh wait, I get it!

Ultra...because Ultra Beasts! Solgaleo and Lunala look like they're fused with Necrozma, a legendary that might also be an Ultra Beast.

I see what you did there, Pokémon.

Still, I'm gonna be salty about Sun and Moon getting sequels/prequels/whatever, and never getting a Z version for Gen 6.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 07:58:38 AM »
Im actually looking forward to Ultra Su/Mo. Yes, it wasnt what I had expected and I would have loved a Diamond / Pearl remake waaaay more but... I liked Su/Mo (still playing, trying to finish my dex :P) and in the end its a new game to play. Could have been better news but its ok. Looking forward to the new stuff the game brings!
For the new doanloadable games : Im veeeery excited about this!! Ill be getting one of them for sure <3

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2017, 10:54:08 AM »
Okay so they announced Pokken Tournament for the Switch,  UltraSun and UltraMoon for 3DS (coming in November), and re-release of GOLD and SILVER in September for 3DS play.

The only one of those that I'm excited about is Gold and Silver because my first game was Crystal (which I hope they add to the lineup) and I'd love to play the original Johto games again.  And they will be Pokebank compatible so now I can transfer all the legendaries to a newer game.

*high fives* Crystal Forever!! I feel like no one played this except for me hahah.

I am not so excited about any of this yet. Unless they announce some crazy things for the Ultra games, I'm still on the fence.

I play and still play Pokemon Crystal (only Game Boy Colour game I have).

Wish they announced Crystal because I like playing as a female trainer. Then again in one of my stories that I'm writing gas Red as a cross dresser. I.E he's a she.

So we are not getting Crystal, oh well I can still play my GBC version. Darts I won't be able to transfer my level 100 Suincune.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:57:15 AM by bright rabbit 1 »

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2017, 09:45:11 PM »
I don't know...I think when they originally announced Red and Blue for download they didn't announce Yellow right away, so there's still a chance they'll release it.  I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for Crystal.  I'd love to be able to play it without worrying that the battery is going to die and erase my game again.

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2017, 03:16:13 PM »
I don't know...I think when they originally announced Red and Blue for download they didn't announce Yellow right away, so there's still a chance they'll release it.  I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for Crystal.  I'd love to be able to play it without worrying that the battery is going to die and erase my game again.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that Red, Blue and Yellow were all released at once on the VC.

|My Collection|

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 02:48:53 PM »
I loved Pokemon Sun and it was the first game I got a full dex in. But I don't really see the point in the Ultra sequels...And right now I'm playing both HeartGold and Diamond for the first time. HeartGold is such a great game that I don't feel it's necessary to go back to Gold or Diamond either. Especially since I've gotten so used to the modern games! Every new Pokemon game improves basic functions and makes everything more fluid than the game before it, so it'd be really jarring to go all the way back to gen 2...That's why I didn't go for the digital copy of Red/Blue/Yellow.

I guess it's good that I'm not interested, though. It gives me time to mess with the older games :)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 04:13:38 PM »
I think the earlier gen games being released is for those of us who want the nostalgia factor.  I admit that going back to Red or Blue after playing Sun makes you miss a lot of the newer features.  Although, I do get to decide what gender I want my pokemon to be (with the exception of Nidoran) so I can name them whatever without worrying about it...until I move them into the Pokebank where I think they will be randomly assigned a gender. :wonder:  That could get entertaining.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2017, 08:25:43 AM »
So a Pokemon game has been announced for the Switch! It should be good, whatever it is. Honestly, I was impressed with most of what Nintendo had to offer at E3 this year. They announced so many things I'm looking forward to on the Switch!

HeartGold is such a great game that I don't feel it's necessary to go back to Gold or Diamond either. Especially since I've gotten so used to the modern games! Every new Pokemon game improves basic functions and makes everything more fluid than the game before it, so it'd be really jarring to go all the way back to gen 2...That's why I didn't go for the digital copy of Red/Blue/Yellow.

I guess it's good that I'm not interested, though. It gives me time to mess with the older games :)

That's pretty much how I feel, but clearly there's an audience for the older games since they did it with gen 1 and now gen 2. I just personally can't see myself enjoying Silver when I know I could play SoulSilver. ^^; Like... I might buy Silver for the sake of nostalgia, because it was the first time I had gone through a Pokemon game and beat it, but I won't be surprised if I don't finish it this time. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal