collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Big Pokemon News???  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Big Pokemon News???
« on: June 05, 2017, 01:30:54 PM »
Anyone have any guesses on what this is going to be?  Last time I saw anything like this it was to announce Sun/Moon.  I've heard rumors of a completer game called Pokemon Stars.  Could they be announcing that?  What do you guys think it's going to be?

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/big-pokemon-news-on-the-way/

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Big Pokemon News???
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 03:32:54 PM »
I'm hoping it's Switch related. I still need more incentive to get the system. :lol: Plus a home console Pokémon game would be awesome!

People are also speculating Gen 4 remakes.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 04:31:38 PM »
I have a Super Nintendo with the Super Gameboy Cartridge and I used to put in Pokemon just to see it on the big TV.  Of course it wasn't GB Color compatible so I could only play the black and white games, which I thought was dumb because by the late 80s/early 90s when Super Nintendo came out almost all televisions were color.  It would be cool to get a Pokemon game that could be played on the big screen, but I don't have a Nintendo Switch.  Maybe if the cartridges for Nintendo Switch and 3DS were interchangeable I'd be more actively looking into a Switch. 

What I really want is for them to make a game that starts you out in Kanto and once you get all 8 badges and defeat the elite 4 it would open up Johto and the 2nd gen Pokemon and continue like that through all the games until you get through Alola.  If they made downloadable expansions each time a new game came out it would be an eternal Pokemon game and you wouldn't necessarily have to use the Pokebank to move your team from game to game or start over with a new team every time.  I don't like to download my games (I use the cartridges) but I'd be willing to pay for downloads for a Pokemon game that goes on forever like that.

Though if it is Pokemon Stars, it'll be the excuse I need to buy a 2DS so I can trade specific Pokemon that I don't want to lose to someone else but that need to trade to evolve.  I might also make that the game I do with all Disney names for my Pokemon :P
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:37:56 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 04:48:53 PM »
wonder if the big news is related to the Pokemon 20 movie
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 05:17:16 PM »
What I really want is for them to make a game that starts you out in Kanto and once you get all 8 badges and defeat the elite 4 it would open up Johto and the 2nd gen Pokemon and continue like that through all the games until you get through Alola.  If they made downloadable expansions each time a new game came out it would be an eternal Pokemon game and you wouldn't necessarily have to use the Pokebank to move your team from game to game or start over with a new team every time.  I don't like to download my games (I use the cartridges) but I'd be willing to pay for downloads for a Pokemon game that goes on forever like that.

This so much. I'd LOVE to play this - and have one pokedex! I'm so sick of catching ratattas... every freaking generation! If you had bank I guess you could transfer them.. but I prefer to avoid subscription services.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 05:53:19 PM »
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Diamond/Pearl remakes :) I'd love to play through that again..

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 06:22:43 PM »
Just did the math and realised that the announcement is at midnight our time... looks like I'm staying up late again!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 01:07:24 AM »
Diamond and Pearl remakes please! I adore those games for the most part, but despise how slowly they play. Either that or a game for the Switch.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 03:15:22 AM »
I hope it's not on the switch, because I much rather have it for the 3DS. Or it could be on both.

That way people can have either version.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 07:09:53 AM »
Okay so they announced Pokken Tournament for the Switch,  UltraSun and UltraMoon for 3DS (coming in November), and re-release of GOLD and SILVER in September for 3DS play.

The only one of those that I'm excited about is Gold and Silver because my first game was Crystal (which I hope they add to the lineup) and I'd love to play the original Johto games again.  And they will be Pokebank compatible so now I can transfer all the legendaries to a newer game.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:11:37 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 07:49:20 AM »
I actually felt a little let down by the Direct today. Nothing really.... groundbreaking, I guess, in my opinion. At least nothing to really live up to the hype that got built up. I also wish they would stop with the weird doubling up on games. I own Black2 and White2, but never played them because I had -just- finished going through the original White when they came out. And right now, I'm still working my way through Moon just due to a lack of time to really sit down and play, so I'm not really interested in getting a newer, shiny Moon 2 version. I would have loved to see a main Pokemon game for the Switch, or some new pokemon amiibo, or even some Pokemon Go news lol. But, that is all just my opinion.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 07:53:40 AM »
Well, that was... Not too exciting, but not too disappointing either if the new games actually have new pokemon. Also looking forward to Gold and Silver!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 08:11:58 AM »
I actually felt a little let down by the Direct today. Nothing really.... groundbreaking, I guess, in my opinion. At least nothing to really live up to the hype that got built up. I also wish they would stop with the weird doubling up on games. I own Black2 and White2, but never played them because I had -just- finished going through the original White when they came out. And right now, I'm still working my way through Moon just due to a lack of time to really sit down and play, so I'm not really interested in getting a newer, shiny Moon 2 version. I would have loved to see a main Pokemon game for the Switch, or some new pokemon amiibo, or even some Pokemon Go news lol. But, that is all just my opinion.

Right?  I hate the doubling up, too.  I might go in for UltraMoon just because I already have Sun but I just barely made it to the third island so I'm not really chomping at the bit for a new game.  Even if they had announced a "completer" game (like Pokemon Stars has been rumored to be) I'd be more excited about it.

But I REALLY hope they add Pokemon Crystal before the Gold/Silver release date like they added Yellow to the Red/Blue announcement.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 08:37:26 AM »
I'll probably play Silver for nostalgia sake, but with Soul Silver existing (and being far more fun imo), it'll be hard for me to go back. :lol:

I'm actually glad that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be on the 3DS. As much as I want a Pokemon game on the Switch, my husband and I both play Pokemon and we're not buying two Switches just so we can both play. So yeah, that's actually a good thing. Maybe there will be a Pokemon game on the Switch some time in the future, but I'm okay with this.

Some new Pokemon Amiibo would be awesome!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 10:26:42 AM »
I'll probably play Silver for nostalgia sake, but with Soul Silver existing (and being far more fun imo), it'll be hard for me to go back. :lol:

I never got Heart Gold or Soul Silver and even used they're about $50 so I'll settle for the download.  (Plus, I totally know where there's a shiny Metapod in those games :P)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal