collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Brown Spots on So-soft Gusty? (Pic heavy)  (Read 534 times)

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
Brown Spots on So-soft Gusty? (Pic heavy)
« on: June 05, 2017, 11:44:21 AM »
I recently came into possession of a So-soft Gusty, and her flocking is in okay condition. Nothing looks to be rubbed off as a far as I know. She was a bit dirty, mostly on her left side so I decided to give her a very careful bath. There was only a little improvement, but since this is my first so-soft I'll take what I can get.

Before: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

After: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Unfortunately she also appears to have little brown spots in various places that don't seem to be dirt. This may turn out to be something obvious, but I'm still new to pony collecting and I'm not entirely sure what they are. Is this rust, mold, or something else?:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Any way to get rid of it, will it spread? Her neck is still sealed with glue, so I haven't tried to pull it off to check if there may be any internal issues. Would a second bath be advised? I used hand soap and then conditioner on her body with cold water, and just conditioner for her hair.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Brown Spots on So-soft Gusty? (Pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 12:36:20 PM »
Looks like pony cancer  :(    The bad news is, it's not likely you can fix it.    The good news is, it shouldn't spread as long as the pony is dry and kept low-humidity conditions (below 70%).   This site has some good information on these kinds of spots:  http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/body.html

If your pony display or storage area tends to get warm and humid, invest in a dehumidifier.      That's probably the best thing you can do for your ponies.   I bought these egg things for my shelves too.  You can also get a small air filter / purifier if you think there's a lot of bacteria or mold floating around.   

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 01:59:42 PM »
Looks like pony cancer  :(    The bad news is, it's not likely you can fix it.    The good news is, it shouldn't spread as long as the pony is dry and kept low-humidity conditions (below 70%).   This site has some good information on these kinds of spots:  http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/body.html

If your pony display or storage area tends to get warm and humid, invest in a dehumidifier.      That's probably the best thing you can do for your ponies.   I bought these egg things for my shelves too.  You can also get a small air filter / purifier if you think there's a lot of bacteria or mold floating around.

Ah, I see! Shame it can't be fixed, but I'm relieved it's not something nastier. I've never seen it on a so-soft before, thanks for the link and the help!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »

Ah, I see! Shame it can't be fixed, but I'm relieved it's not something nastier. I've never seen it on a so-soft before, thanks for the link and the help!

I've seen many so softs develop it (mostly on white ponies!). At least on a non-so-soft, you can try to lighten it. But on a so-soft, you usually end up creating a bald spot trying to treat it directly, yellowing the glue trying to sunfade it, or messing up the soft flocking by getting it wet in some way.   

I would LOVE to know if anyone's had any success removing these, but I haven't seen a solution yet  :/

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 02:47:30 PM »
I've never seen a SS with Cancer. Interesting!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal