collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dark Crystal PREQUEL  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Crystal PREQUEL
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 11:00:43 AM »
'Podling' is one of my favourite words. Ever.
Saw the original for my friend's 6th birthday party, one of our friends cried, but the rest of us thought it was great! Although I'm still slightly scared of whiny voiced creatures with large beaks that peer at me in slow motion.
Will have to see trailers before I worry about another version, the whole charm of the film was that it wasn't CGI. And without certain muppeteers to do the voices, might feel cheated!

Yeah, the Skeksis! They terrified my sister and I too-  and honestly even now they are pretty dang creepy puppets!  I remember being horrified and terrified when they captured and I think tortured some character?   But the scariness really adds dimension... I think kids actually like things to have SOME scariness...  it makes things more real...

I am worried that I won'd love the characters as much without Jim Henson there to direct and operate some of the characters- but I am grateful that they are using Muppets at all I guess.

I just have to remind myself that there is no possible way for the movie to have the same "feel" as the original- and try to appreciate it for what it is.  That way I won't be disappointed.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dark Crystal PREQUEL
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 05:07:15 AM »
Sounds exciting!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal