collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hair Styling after painting a custom?  (Read 512 times)

Artsy Craftsy

• Trade Count: (0)
Hair Styling after painting a custom?
« on: June 04, 2017, 11:33:24 AM »
Hello! I'm going to be making a couple customs and I was just wondering, how do you go about styling the hair once you paint it? I'm afraid to use water and ruin all the paint work I'll be doing  :cry: any help will be greatly appreciated! thank you!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Hair Styling after painting a custom?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 12:33:50 PM »
Acrylic paint dries waterproof so you shouldn't have any problems, though I'd still be careful. Just allow it enough time so that the paintwork is completely dry, let it sit for a day or preferably two. If you use sealant, make sure that is waterproof too! (Mod Podge isn't because it's glue-based.)

For straw curls and such, I dip the hair into boiling water holding the pony by its feet. Then put a towel between the body and hair while it dries. Good luck! :) 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Artsy Craftsy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 01:47:34 PM »
Acrylic paint dries waterproof so you shouldn't have any problems, though I'd still be careful. Just allow it enough time so that the paintwork is completely dry, let it sit for a day or preferably two. If you use sealant, make sure that is waterproof too! (Mod Podge isn't because it's glue-based.)

For straw curls and such, I dip the hair into boiling water holding the pony by its feet. Then put a towel between the body and hair while it dries. Good luck! :)

thank you so much! :D

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 02:50:26 PM »
...For straw curls and such, I dip the hair into boiling water holding the pony by its feet. Then put a towel between the body and hair while it dries. Good luck! :) 

This is exactly what I do as well.  I seal with Testors Dullcote and then just exercise care with dipping only the pony's hair into the water, and then letting the hair air dry fully before allowing it to touch the paint work.  Good luck! :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal