collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 through g3 fandom becoming extinct?  (Read 7465 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: G1 through g3 fandom becoming extinct?
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2017, 07:14:54 AM »
I don't think so.
There are many people, including me, who through G4/whatever the most recent incarnation of MLP is, have discovered and also became fans of previous gens.
Me and many others became collectors of G1-G3 because of that.

I guess the lack of activity is because you can only collect so many products that are long out of production.

Maybe if Hasbro finally acknowledges previous Gens and the pre-g4 collectors, and/or finally makes good-or at least decent quality products again then maybe the community might become more active.

re: 'fandom' vs collector community
There are many toy collectors that just do not care for fandom.
Other brands like Transformers, Gundam, Marvel, Star Wars, etc. have toy/collector only discussions/communities that manage to be active without having to do with anything 'fandom' related.
That is because their brands either continue to acknowledge both old and new versions and both old+new fans, and/or continue to release products that collectors/both old and new fans will like.
I remember the pre-reboot Monster High and Bratz collector communities were pretty active too without being a 'fandom', that was because their brands were releasing products that both kids and collectors liked.

Well put mlly
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:00:45 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal