collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: out of the starting gate it is! Hello all!  (Read 570 times)

Offline wanderlostgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
out of the starting gate it is! Hello all!
« on: June 03, 2017, 01:06:42 AM »
Personal:

hello hello hello there! Im Wander,  I turn 31 on the 6th, my husband and I currently live in Hawaii and are stationed on Oahu. I dont have much of a job past keeping the house in order but i dabble in digital art, crafting, sewing, babysitting (personal fav) and dog walking/training (major fav!)

I have only been 'collecting' for about a year now and my husband is completely to blame. He had me watch g4 and my interest was renewed from childhood nostalgia.
 I will collect ANYTHING horse related, I have g1, g2, g3, 3.5, 4, fakies, breyers, disney horses, and any other horse figures i can find. she wont let me have it yet but my grandma has a pretty nice collection of unicorn sculptures headed my way some day as well.

I dont have much of a set up but.....
(i hope this isnt braggy? ill remove the img if it is ^^o )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thats what my desk looks like these days XD
i get almost everything second hand, only out here on the island that can still mean 5-10 for a single pony! but i do pretty good and from bait to show quality i love them all!

right now im working on cleaning everybody up, boiling hair straight (until i decide who i want curly) and trying not to laugh as i stick the magnetic ponies to every possible surface in my house..... (including my retaining braces)

lostpony

Re: out of the starting gate it is! Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 02:08:29 AM »
Greetings and welcome to the arena!

i'm so happy to read your post.  I too collect everything horse related and I've been at it just under two years, having gotten hooked on G4 by watching pony music videos, then buying stuff and watching the show and getting into earlier gens once I found my way here.

Your intro post is delightfully braggy, and we like that!  We love to see your ponies which is why we have a Brag forum just for that purpose so please feel free to post all your pictures of all your ponies there and I think within the guidelines you can have anything you like in your intro post.

We also have a Arts n Crafts forum for your creations and you can expand your collection by looking through the For Sale forum.  I don't know how shipping is to the island but I like to really shop up a lot of ponies from the same seller to get my money's worth on shipping so hopefully that will work for you too.

I love baity ponies too, especially well loved ones.

There's lots of stuff about fixing up your ponies in the Pony Corral and a FiM forum for the stuff and there are plenty of other areas too so have a look around.   Hope you enjoy your stay!

(now back to looking at that crowd of equines in your pictures...so many to look at)

Let's see...you've got some g3.5s in there (I really like those) and I see your talking Nightmare Moon tucked in next to the giant talking Twilight Sparkle and you have the Guardians of Harmony nightmare moon up top there and looks like some of those horses might be Breyers and that big brown one I think is a Battat.  What a great start!  You need more G1 though, if you agree check out the supply over in For Sale....I love G1s Sooo much.  Great having you join us! 

Oh I forgot to say I really like your avatar drawing! So cute and sweet.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:16:46 AM by lostpony »

Offline wanderlostgirl

• Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 06:49:38 AM »
oh i forgot to add a signature! the avatar is actually from a dress up game on dolldivine! im addicted to it!
http://www.dolldivine.com/flutter-bug.php

the talking ponies are celestia and chrysalis, im holding out or the re-release of GoH in hopes her quality will be better..... but im torn cause i know that will make this version hard to find! I have nightmare moon, discord and chrysalis.
My g1 ponies are up on the shelf presiding over all my chaos XD save for the sleepy babies, they are all my childhood toys, everything else ive gathered in the last two years XD i got my stable, g3 horde, and the mass of mcdonalds(?) ponies at bronycon for 60$ everything else has been here and there picks up.
I did pick up a g2 and a g1 princess at market last weekend, but they didnt make it into the picture! XD

the none mlp horses are mostly my moms, my breyers, and i have not looked into battat much more than to know the two second largest horses are from them. i have a tiny goat fur mule from africa, a larger hide horse (that frankly im quiet afraid IS horse but i couldnt turn it down for 2$) a few fakies and Disney horses, she-ras power pony swift wind, a grand champion appaloosa, and some nifty looking dark blue horse that i cant figure out what he is from! ive ordered a photo box that should be here soon and as i give everybody a cleaning (hawaii gets horrible black soot everywhere) ill be making an actual photo inventory and hopefully building them some shelves to spread out a bit

ill be stalking the for sale rooms soon enough, but i do sooooo like finding good deals in person

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 08:17:36 AM »
Hello welcome to the Arena. What a wonderful collection you have.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

lostpony

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »
I must have been transferring my own talking NMM onto your Chrysalis, haha.  I don't have Chrysalis...I think I was stalking her when I got distracted chasing G1s and sorta forgot about her...

Someone here knows who your big blue horse is, I saw it being discussed at some point in the past forgot what was said.  One fun thing to do here is to put such an item by itself in a Pony Corral post saying "Who is this horse?" and someone will recognize it and tell you.  If you want to know, that is.

I too like finding ponies "in the wild".  The amount of non-pony stuff I end up dragging home from thrift sort of kills the value though.  But last week I found an extra Star Lily at a used toy store that I haunt, which made me very happy.  So, happy hunting!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 10:30:36 AM »
Your big blue horse looks like its from a Disney Princess type of set.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 11:01:30 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

Looks like your collection is certainly off and racing :silly:

Hope you have an amazing time on the forum!! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal