collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Big people and massages  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Big people and massages
« on: June 02, 2017, 11:47:56 PM »
I'm someone who has a lot of...meat...and I don't really like looking at myself. Problem is, I really want a massage, because of stress. I don't know anything about choosing the right spas, and I fear that I will be body shamed, or treated differently than the slimmer clients.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Big people and massages
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 05:28:16 AM »
my mother always used to go to a chiropractor to get her massages. since chiropractors are doctors, my mother finds them a bit more professional in the way they treat their customers compared to spas.
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 05:23:29 PM »
Massage therapists are generally licensed and trained, I thought.  I've had a few friends who are trained as therapists.

I would go to somewhere reputable, look for one who has stellar reviews and maybe a recommendation or two from friends or family, if possible.  Chiropractors is another route, though.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 09:45:58 PM »
Honestly I doubt they would treat you badly just because of that. It would be extremely bad for business if they were to ridicule a customer and  besides, I'm quite certain they're used to working on people of all body types without a second thought.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 03:20:45 AM »
I agree with all of the above.  Chiropractors can be expensive though. I found a male sport massage guy in Cambridge working at Neal's Yard which sells herbal beauty products, teas and essential oils. He's very strong and efffective but also quite holistic as in he's interested in my general wellbeing. He's very considerate and pleasant. I think it's great that you're doing something like this for yourself, you will feel brilliant! I need to book another session myself  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 08:31:53 AM »
I know my chiropractic office has a massage therapist if you wanted to go that route.  An actual chiro visit could help too--with stress your muscles tighten and then you get pain.  Chiros can alleviate the pain and destrss at the same time.

I have chronic back issues so I have to see one every month.  So I can speak from experience :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline joce

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »
They want repeat business and are going to work to get you back so I wouldn't worry. Just read reviews. I know out of three or four places here there are better places.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal