collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I know this is a stupid question but...  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: I know this is a stupid question but...
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 05:12:19 PM »
It's not a stupid question. I think I asked it a long time ago as well. For G3s and G4s it's whatever side the symbol/cutie mark is on since they only have a symbol on one side. 

Someone told me that on G1s one way to tell the display side is the way the mane falls. The side that the mane curls/curves on is the display side.

Ponyfan

Except with some of the UK ponies, like Tutti Frutti, where that would mean them having their back to you...the UK Tutti Frutti is rooted with the intent of her hair falling on her NDS. And the European one the opposite. Just to really cause a mess.

I didn't realize some ponies hair falls toward the NDS side. I should have said most G1  ponies. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 07:44:48 PM »
I would say that if the pony were MOC, the side facing the bubble would be the display side and the side facing the card would be the non-display side. Not sure if that's accurate, but it would take into account those ponies who have misleading hair. (EX: Regular Bow-Tie vs Long Hair Bow-Tie)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 12:56:11 AM »
I would say that if the pony were MOC, the side facing the bubble would be the display side and the side facing the card would be the non-display side. Not sure if that's accurate, but it would take into account those ponies who have misleading hair. (EX: Regular Bow-Tie vs Long Hair Bow-Tie)

I don't think it is a stupid question at all: it is something that I also wonder about. I am personally not very fussed about it though and just display my ponies however I like to see them best. However if it bothers you I think the explanation by summerday makes a lot of sense. So if in doubt I would try to look up a photo of that particular pony MOC and go from there.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 10:15:00 PM »
Not a stupid question. I often wondered how to tell when I first read the term online, as I had 6 ponies total, and 5 of them faced forward! I was so confused!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal