collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HasCon (PonyFair 2017) info  (Read 15207 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
Re: HasCon (PonyFair 2017) info
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2017, 06:44:17 AM »
The irony of all this is that Hascon will probably be a financial success.  Big corporations don't take huge risks like this without fiercely analyzing the bottom line.  They'll make money overall.  and probably keep doing it annually. 

Personally I don't think so.  The point of going to a large, big, expensive con is that you have access to ALL the fandoms you're interested in.  Not just "fandoms that Hasbro happens to make toys of."  And the point of going to smaller cons like MLP Fair and Botcon is that EVERYTHING is catered to the toy you happen to collect, EVERYONE there is a fan of it.

In addition some events are clearly catered at young kids while other are catered towards adult collectors, and that's very weird?

Like, I actually could picture Hascon being an effective "family con" catered to local families with young kids who, yeah, probably have a couple MLPs, a couple LPS, and a couple Transformers in the house--but not at $165 for the weekend and having to pay for all kids over 3 years old.  Let's say you have three kids . . . Tickets for mom, dad, and the kids for the weekend would be $555!  Not going to be a destination for a "casual" family.  Maybe if the tickets were $50 per adult and kids up to twelve were free.

Yeah tbh the price is the biggest issue for me. Price is what has kept me from going to past Fairs except the 2011 one since even tho the Fair itself is reasonably priced, I'd have to pay for bus/train/plane tickets and a hotel room and that stuff isn't cheap. I was excited the Fair was finally going to be in my backyard again but then they make it too expensive for anyone to sell ponies and even the tickets are rather pricey  (tho I'm sure it's still cheaper than travel and hotel for a Pony Fair in another state).

Hasbro kinda shot themselves in the foot with the prices since RI Comic Con is $75 for an adult for the whole weekend and $25 for kids 2 months later in the same buildings as Hascon. Most families are probably just gonna wait and go to RICC.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also looking for EG Roller Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare,
brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

My Trades. Av by Moonflower.

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2017, 06:45:03 AM »
It's pretty blatant how Hasbro just does not care AT ALL about collectors and pre-G4 fans.
I genuinely hope this flops tbh.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MOC Mimic
  • mostly papercrafting
    • Netroids
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2017, 01:33:08 PM »
The irony of all this is that Hascon will probably be a financial success. Big corporations don't take huge risks like this without fiercely analyzing the bottom line.  Running it in RI means they get big state tourism taxes breaks. They'll make money overall and probably keep doing it annually.  I imagine at least 3 years to save face.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2017, 03:35:14 PM »
I can't swing another $400 for my boyfriend and I to attend all that, and the HOF dinner and pajama party has been a highlight for me the last few years. I have nonrefundable plane tickets, so I'm still in, but with the ticket prices going up from 45 to 165 for my guest, I just can't. I've been trying to stay positive but this makes me really sad. 

petty rant under spoiler, sorry.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Your petty rant made me spit coffee LOL

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2017, 04:58:32 PM »
I was on vacation and I am trying to catch up on the news but I am having trouble finding the news, only reactions....

Is it official that there is going to be: 1) No pony or toy re-seller area 2) No discount tickets for previous fair attendees 3)No discounts for vendor booths 4) No other smaller collector panels

When it was said that they will try to group re-sellers together... were they saying for that crazy vendor pricing or the artist table pricing? Did they announce another bracket of tables?

Thank you everyone! :D

Also.... $200 for the dinner!? That is crazy! I expect Oscar party level swag lol
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:04:57 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+591)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2017, 05:11:19 PM »
Is it official that there is going to be: 1) No pony or toy re-seller area 2) No discount tickets for previous fair attendees 3)No discounts for vendor booths 4) No other smaller collector panels

When it was said that they will try to group re-sellers together... were they saying for that crazy vendor pricing or the artist table pricing? Did they announce another bracket of tables?

It is official. Summer can't come on here and post b/c of her contract with Hasbro, but she's told some of us and we can spread the word
NO special MLP or vintage toy seller area
NO discount tickets (well, there's a $10 off promo code, which is just insulting imo)
NO discounts for vendor booths (plus the requirements for vendors are insane!). Hasbro supposedly says they will put resellers together in one area of the vendor room, but that's at the main big prices....
NO small collector panels (the ones normally put together by us collectors)
Artist tables are not to sell vintage toys...and there's some legalese on what is/isn't allowed and what Hasbro will be able to use for themselves...
NO other bracket of tables

my hubby and I went through the 3 PAGES of legalese on the vendor/artist table application. There are LOTS of requirements, restrictions, and things that would cost you money if you're not already set up as a business with your own liability insurance.

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »
I hope that anyone that decides to go despite these inconveniences will share what us what we missed.

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+90)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2017, 06:00:00 PM »
if anyone is going i would love to pay to get a pony exclusive... if there will be any

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2017, 06:17:51 PM »
I hope that anyone that decides to go despite these inconveniences will share what us what we missed.

I volunteer as tribute.

Post Merge: July 03, 2017, 06:18:42 PM

if anyone is going i would love to pay to get a pony exclusive... if there will be any

If there's not a restriction or anything crazy I'm down to pick things up, hopefully they'll announce something soon.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2017, 06:47:57 PM »

It is official. Summer can't come on here and post b/c of her contract with Hasbro, but she's told some of us and we can spread the word
NO special MLP or vintage toy seller area
NO discount tickets (well, there's a $10 off promo code, which is just insulting imo)
NO discounts for vendor booths (plus the requirements for vendors are insane!). Hasbro supposedly says they will put resellers together in one area of the vendor room, but that's at the main big prices....
NO small collector panels (the ones normally put together by us collectors)
Artist tables are not to sell vintage toys...and there's some legalese on what is/isn't allowed and what Hasbro will be able to use for themselves...
NO other bracket of tables

my hubby and I went through the 3 PAGES of legalese on the vendor/artist table application. There are LOTS of requirements, restrictions, and things that would cost you money if you're not already set up as a business with your own liability insurance.

Thank you so much for clarifying Roogna! Now everything makes sense (including the "offical" non-offical word).

Overall it is very disheartening to hear, I was so optimistic. I appreciate all the hard work and effort of everyone involved. Absence make the heart grow fonder though right? I will just have to wait to vend at some events next year and see all the awesome pony people!

I will most likely still go as I already got a ticket and have friends in the area (just to see what it is all about since I love conventions and toys). The dinner sounds interesting but $200 on top of the already steep weekend price is hard to swallow, especially when im not going to be able to sell part of my collection.

If we find out anything about how many exclusives you are able to buy I may also setup a list to pickup for people as well... but my bet is it will be available on Hasbrotoyshop.com after the event.

~Foxtale~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2017, 09:31:17 PM »

I volunteer as tribute.

:lmao: :lmao:
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2017, 11:34:06 PM »
I can't swing another $400 for my boyfriend and I to attend all that, and the HOF dinner and pajama party has been a highlight for me the last few years. I have nonrefundable plane tickets, so I'm still in, but with the ticket prices going up from 45 to 165 for my guest, I just can't. I've been trying to stay positive but this makes me really sad. 

Seriously though.  CHEWBACCA MOM???? I just paid $20 to get into a local con a few weeks ago with freaking TWO Data's (Star Trek and Goonies), the voices of She-Ra and Skeletor, Ralph Macchio, and about 20 other actors BUT ITS COOL. YOU ONLY HAVE MADD HASBRO CASH. I'M SURE SHE WAS ALL YOU COULD GET.

Disclaimer: I know there are other guests, just let me live.

Offline cookhuman

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+162)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2017, 02:12:50 PM »

Seriously though.  CHEWBACCA MOM???? I just paid $20 to get into a local con a few weeks ago with freaking TWO Data's (Star Trek and Goonies), the voices of She-Ra and Skeletor, Ralph Macchio, and about 20 other actors BUT ITS COOL. YOU ONLY HAVE MADD HASBRO CASH. I'M SURE SHE WAS ALL YOU COULD GET.

Disclaimer: I know there are other guests, just let me live.

You have me crackin' up over here.  "freaking TWO Datas" is my new favorite thing!

Offline Glittering_Starshower

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »
I went to both fairs that were held in RI. I believe it was in 2008 and then again in 2011?? I would love to go to this one, but it is BEYOND disheartening that Hasbro is willing to throw us so far under the bus that they won't support us any longer. What's the point in mixing MLP Fair in with HasCon as this point? Can't we do our own thing?
Commissions are OPEN!

Signature under construction  :biggrin:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »
I went to both fairs that were held in RI. I believe it was in 2008 and then again in 2011?? I would love to go to this one, but it is BEYOND disheartening that Hasbro is willing to throw us so far under the bus that they won't support us any longer. What's the point in mixing MLP Fair in with HasCon as this point? Can't we do our own thing?

Not this year, because Hasbro waited so long to NOT tell us anything and then forbade the Staff from telling us *anything*.  So there's no time to plan anything last-minute.
But next year - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386965.0.html
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal