collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HasCon (PonyFair 2017) info  (Read 13805 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • ~never too old for ponies~
Re: HasCon (PonyFair 2017) info
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2017, 05:49:51 PM »
MY LITTLE PONY MANE EVENT : HALL OF OUR FANMILY DINNER

Enter the world of Equestria at the first-ever My Little Pony HOOF (Hall of Our FANmily) Dinner and Induction Ceremony. The HOOF inductees will include special guests and surprise honorees who have left their hoofprint on the brand. Enjoy a sit-down dinner and special appearances by My Little Pony talent, including some of the voices of the Mane 6 from the TV show as well as head storyteller, Meghan McCarthy, a first look at select 2018 My Little Pony toys, and a raffle for a chance to win My Little Pony merchandise and a chance to be animated for upcoming My Little Pony content! Each attendee will receive a special pre-signed celebrity autograph.
Friday 6:30 pm

MY LITTLE PONY: THE MOVIE SNEAK PEEK EVENT

Be one of the first to catch a sneak peek of the upcoming My Little Pony: The Movie. Listen to film discussions with Head Storyteller Meghan McCarthy and participate in a Q&A session with surprise celebrity talent, enjoy light refreshment and enter a raffle for a chance to win My Little Pony merchandise. Each attendee will receive a pre-signed celebrity autograph. Additional Special Guests to be announced.
Saturday 6:15pm

Both of these require an extra $200 ticket EACH

I can see these be more of a selling point for bronies and FiM show fans, who are used to spending big $$ on autographs and voice talent panels. But ya, it's not likely going to appeal to the G1 collecting community. 

Yeah.... *head desk*
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+590)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2017, 06:30:38 PM »

Enter the world of Equestria at the first-ever My Little Pony HOOF (Hall of Our FANmily) Dinner and Induction Ceremony. The HOOF inductees will include special guests and surprise honorees who have left their hoofprint on the brand. Enjoy a sit-down dinner and special appearances by My Little Pony talent, including some of the voices of the Mane 6 from the TV show as well as head storyteller, Meghan McCarthy, a first look at select 2018 My Little Pony toys, and a raffle for a chance to win My Little Pony merchandise and a chance to be animated for upcoming My Little Pony content! Each attendee will receive a special pre-signed celebrity autograph.

Be one of the first to catch a sneak peek of the upcoming My Little Pony: The Movie. Listen to film discussions with Head Storyteller Meghan McCarthy and participate in a Q&A session with surprise celebrity talent, enjoy light refreshment and enter a raffle for a chance to win My Little Pony merchandise. Each attendee will receive a pre-signed celebrity autograph. Additional Special Guests to be announced.

I can see these be more of a selling point for bronies and FiM show fans, who are used to spending big $$ on autographs and voice talent panels. But ya, it's not likely going to appeal to the G1 collecting community. 

ditto
though these do replace *our* HoF dinner and Pajama party... :(
and there's no way I can drop that kinda money

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+168)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2017, 06:50:41 PM »
I can do without HoF dinners and pajama parties, as much fun as they are.  It's not that hard to organize an informal group dinner ;)  But if collectors aren't getting a traditional vending room with reasonable pricing, then I can't justify the expense.   I haven't seen or heard anything that says they've nixxed that well (unless I missed it buried under all the reactions?) so I'm on standby in hopes at least that part works out.  Buying and selling ponies, and interacting with everyone during that part of the event, is a big part of what I enjoy about the Fair. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:02:59 PM by ashlyne »

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2017, 07:27:39 PM »
I can do without HoF dinners and pajama parties, as much fun as they are.  It's not that hard to organize an informal group dinner ;)  But if collectors aren't getting a traditional vending room with reasonable pricing, then I can't justify the expense.   I haven't seen or heard anything that says they've nixxed that well (unless I missed it buried under all the reactions?) so I'm on standby in hopes at least that part works out.  Buying and selling ponies, and interacting with everyone during that part of the event, is a big part of what I enjoy about the Fair. 

Yeah. I have a feeling we should wait a little longer *just in case*, but also have a feeling that, even if there is a separate room for us, there will not be a discounted price of any kind. At this late date, it's just hard to imagine anything changing. And there are still too many questions in my mind about the Hascon vendor and ticket info to even begin to give them any money, particularly when we don't really have any interest in all the usual Con stuff (stars and expensive autographs, behind the scenes, talks, etc), other than MLP, seeing MLP pals, and selling/trading.

Has anyone figured out yet if the vendor fees include tickets to the rest of the con, or are they separate things?

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MOC Mimic
  • mostly papercrafting
    • Netroids
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2017, 09:26:57 PM »
I won't be going.  I was excited to attend my first fair, but can't wait any longer.  Maybe next year for me if HasCon proves to be collector-friendly.
~ Wait! Don't Bait! ~ Thrift Finds Tumblr ~

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2017, 10:57:16 PM »
Guys, best update we can get from Hasbro

There now will be no discount for vendor tables and no separate pony sales space. They said that they can make sure resellers get placed in the same area.

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+207)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2017, 11:09:59 PM »

Yeah, really... HasCon seems more like ANOTHER brony-centered event. *grumble* Too bad things don't seem to be working out too well this year... I wish Hasbro would understand what we actually want instead of always looking at the bronies with starry-eyed dollar signs.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2017, 11:15:02 PM »
To think I was actually considering going. The last one I attended was in 2011! Should have gone to last years...

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+590)
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2017, 02:47:47 AM »

There now will be no discount for vendor tables and no separate pony sales space. They said that they can make sure resellers get placed in the same area.

and there's no pony panels or presentations or anything (by us)

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MOC Mimic
  • mostly papercrafting
    • Netroids
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2017, 02:36:00 PM »
The irony of all this is that Hascon will probably be a financial success.  Big corporations don't take huge risks like this without fiercely analyzing the bottom line.  They'll make money overall.  and probably keep doing it annually. 
~ Wait! Don't Bait! ~ Thrift Finds Tumblr ~

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2017, 04:17:44 PM »
Lame....I bet I am not going now :(

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »
Sounds like a bust for me.

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+188)
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2017, 06:39:11 AM »

In other words, no pony fair this year. How sad that is. Just think, if Hasbro would mind their friggen business, we could be getting ready to have our fair this year in mid-July. I hate greedy people and worse, greedy companies that can't leave the little guy alone.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2017, 12:40:38 AM »
I can't swing another $400 for my boyfriend and I to attend all that, and the HOF dinner and pajama party has been a highlight for me the last few years. I have nonrefundable plane tickets, so I'm still in, but with the ticket prices going up from 45 to 165 for my guest, I just can't. I've been trying to stay positive but this makes me really sad. 

petty rant under spoiler, sorry.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:45:31 AM by octocorn »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2017, 05:37:45 AM »
The irony of all this is that Hascon will probably be a financial success.  Big corporations don't take huge risks like this without fiercely analyzing the bottom line.  They'll make money overall.  and probably keep doing it annually. 

Personally I don't think so.  The point of going to a large, big, expensive con is that you have access to ALL the fandoms you're interested in.  Not just "fandoms that Hasbro happens to make toys of."  And the point of going to smaller cons like MLP Fair and Botcon is that EVERYTHING is catered to the toy you happen to collect, EVERYONE there is a fan of it.

In addition some events are clearly catered at young kids while other are catered towards adult collectors, and that's very weird?

Like, I actually could picture Hascon being an effective "family con" catered to local families with young kids who, yeah, probably have a couple MLPs, a couple LPS, and a couple Transformers in the house--but not at $165 for the weekend and having to pay for all kids over 3 years old.  Let's say you have three kids . . . Tickets for mom, dad, and the kids for the weekend would be $555!  Not going to be a destination for a "casual" family.  Maybe if the tickets were $50 per adult and kids up to twelve were free.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!