collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HasCon (PonyFair 2017) info  (Read 11956 times)

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+90)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
Re: HasCon (PonyFair 2017) info
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2017, 12:21:36 AM »
does anyone know yet the hotel rate discount / cost yet?  for the hotels hascon is saying people get a discount for after buying the tickets?  do we also know the locations of these hotels to the convention center?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2017, 02:58:25 PM »
or put our own money into taking our fair back to an event without them and the perks that they bring to it.

I miss THOSE years.  Exclusives or not.  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2017, 06:02:50 PM »
or put our own money into taking our fair back to an event without them and the perks that they bring to it.

I miss THOSE years.  Exclusives or not.  :(

AGREED

Offline skig

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault
    • skig's My Little Pony Customs
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2017, 08:29:37 PM »
Well then the solution is obviously to put your own money into organizing a new event if you're not happy with the status of the Fair. No one ever said there could only be one large-scale collectors' event. I'm not going to say anything further about it; it doesn't belong in this post.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • NERD!
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2017, 09:06:35 PM »
Summer has done and is doing a fantastic job representing the community, listening to what we want to see at our Fair, and communicating those things to Hasbro. It has to be frustrating and disheartening to read all of the complaints. Since Hasbro has become involved in Pony Fair, there has been a contract in place. It's unfortunate that we've had to wait so long for information this year.

I'm sorry for speaking for others here, but I expect that many of the people in this thread are grateful for Summer and all the hard work she's doing and has done while also being sad and scared for the state of the fair.

Many of the hesitant, upset, mad at Hasbro, whatever users here also love Summer and everything she's done. Just because they don't like what the fair has become doesn't mean they aren't thankful for her.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:08:32 PM by okapishomapi »

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MOC Mimic
  • mostly papercrafting
    • Netroids
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2017, 09:31:11 PM »
ya. and I don't intend my comments to be complaints either.  I'm just looking for clarification and more info.  but Hasbro is the one reticent.

Offline MustBeJewel

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • MD Pony Meet Hostess
    • www.MustBeJewel.com
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2017, 09:47:35 PM »
Are discounts going to be offered to BotCon attendees as well I wonder. I don't see either fandom being happy with prices.
Right!  BotCon was also shut down like Pony Fair.

OK, Pony Fair has not been shut down. I believe that Summer is doing everything in her power to make this fair just as enjoyable as all of the past fairs. The unknowns and lack of updates have been disappointing, but no one can blame her for that. That rests squarely on Hasbro not allowing her to tell us until they say, "OK."

Yes! This!

Summer has done and is doing a fantastic job representing the community, listening to what we want to see at our Fair, and communicating those things to Hasbro. It has to be frustrating and disheartening to read all of the complaints. Since Hasbro has become involved in Pony Fair, there has been a contract in place. It's unfortunate that we've had to wait so long for information this year. It really is, and I have my own opinions about why that is just as I'm sure everyone else does. We wanted more involvement on their part, and here we are. We can't have it both ways. We either accept their involvement (and sponsorship - $$$, licensees, "exclusives," etc.), or put our own money into taking our fair back to an event without them and the perks that they bring to it.

Skig you have said all I came here to say and more :) <3

::MustBeJewel.com ::

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2017, 11:15:35 PM »
Skig- I support our local event. I've only ever not attended due to military obligations. I appreciate everything Summer does. That doesn't mean I'm not disappointed in what Hasbro is turning the Fair into. It's not always so black and white.

Offline skig

• Dabbles Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2017, 11:29:25 PM »
Skig- I support our local event. I've only ever not attended due to military obligations. I appreciate everything Summer does. That doesn't mean I'm not disappointed in what Hasbro is turning the Fair into. It's not always so black and white.

OK, but we don't even KNOW what it's going to be like. My first Fair was in 2008. I didn't get to return after that until 2012 and attended the following two years. The difference was amazing - nicer venues, more events, better organization. Summer is working hard to make this year just as enjoyable as past fairs that were very well attended and liked. No matter what I may think of Hascon, I trust Summer not to let our fair turn into something we don't want.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2017, 01:31:54 AM »
I trust Summer. I do not trust Hasbro. We are less than 90 days out with no information at all regarding ticket prices, much less vendor costs or hotel information. Most people cannot throw together money like this at the last minute.

Offline skig

• Dabbles Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2017, 02:18:19 AM »
I agree that people can't throw together money that quickly. OK, so I went and dug this stuff out. Keep in mind that I did not attend the last two Fairs in Chicago, so I don't know how much admission and booths cost those years. It's been stated that they hope to keep costs comparable to previous years.

2014 Celebration Dinner Adult cost: $49.99
2014 Celebration Dinner Child cost: $22.09

2014 Weekend General Admission Pass cost: $43.19
2014 Vendor Booth cost: $48.47
I believe children 12 and under were free.

So there's a starting point. Anyone who has info on the last two years' costs, feel free to correct and/or update me. Package deals were considerably more, but I don't have info for those, if they're even an option for this year.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2017, 02:28:01 AM »
Thanks skig! I was wondering what the prices previously. I honestly couldn't remember. I do hope Hascon offers some sort of similar deal for Fair attendees.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2017, 02:39:53 AM »
Thanks skig! I was wondering what the prices previously. I honestly couldn't remember. I do hope Hascon offers some sort of similar deal for Fair attendees.

Prices were a bit higher in Chicago but not by much. Last year general admission $64.59;  booths $64.29; dinner adult $48 (Or thereabouts. The ticketing website added fees). (Package deals with Tshirts and whatnot were more of course)

Offline skig

• Dabbles Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2017, 02:50:45 AM »
OK, so the price of one day at Hascon is the cost of the entire weekend last year. I would expect that we see something similar this year. Hopefully.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2017, 03:09:52 AM »
OK, so the price of one day at Hascon is the cost of the entire weekend last year. I would expect that we see something similar this year. Hopefully.

Bearing in mind Hascon admission is for three days. Pony Fair was two.