collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HasCon (PonyFair 2017) info  (Read 7444 times)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
Re: HasCon (PonyFair 2017) info
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2017, 08:38:49 PM »
I tried to get more information regarding the group rates for the convention and the representative told me that the blocks are actually at two hotels that are farther away, Hotel Providence and the Hilton Garden Inn. Once you register for the convention you have access to the group rates for these rooms. Since details are still being worked out, the group rates for exhibitors have not been released yet. This mean there is a chance everything will change but I just wanted to give an FYI based on the information I have now. 

Accordingly you also can't book and then have then later have the room rate applied. You have to book direct using the information received after registration.

Love the map ashlyne... stupid question.. did the Hasbro headquarters move since the last Fair that was there?

Thanks Foxtale! This is good information. Too bad the discount can't be applied until after tickets are bought though :/   I wonder if the  Hotel Providence and the Hilton Garden Inn will have shuttles running to the convention then?   

I have no idea if Hasbro Headquarters moved. I was surprised to see it across the street too!  That is the address listed when I search for Hasbro's address, so maybe it did.   Sure is convenient for them!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2017, 03:13:55 PM »
I tried to get more information regarding the group rates for the convention and the representative told me that the blocks are actually at two hotels that are farther away, Hotel Providence and the Hilton Garden Inn. Once you register for the convention you have access to the group rates for these rooms. Since details are still being worked out, the group rates for exhibitors have not been released yet. This mean there is a chance everything will change but I just wanted to give an FYI based on the information I have now. 

Accordingly you also can't book and then have then later have the room rate applied. You have to book direct using the information received after registration.

Love the map ashlyne... stupid question.. did the Hasbro headquarters move since the last Fair that was there?

I'm local so I usually go to RI Comic Con which is in the same buildings Hascon will be in. The Convention Center is connected to the hotel by a hallway which also connects to the Skybridge to access the mall which has a food court. My advice is always eat at the mall not inside the Convention Center which is overpriced.

Hasbro didn't move their original location but they did get some additional office space in Providence. My friend actually worked in their cafeteria a bit.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also looking for EG Roller Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare,
brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

My Trades. Av by Moonflower.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »

I'm local so I usually go to RI Comic Con which is in the same buildings Hascon will be in. The Convention Center is connected to the hotel by a hallway which also connects to the Skybridge to access the mall which has a food court. My advice is always eat at the mall not inside the Convention Center which is overpriced.

Hasbro didn't move their original location but they did get some additional office space in Providence. My friend actually worked in their cafeteria a bit.

Which hotel(s) are connected?

That is cool to know that they have additional offices. I wonder which departments are in what buildings. :D

The more we talk about this the more I remember the first MLP Fair that was in Providence... I believe it was at the convention center... was the dunkin center not built yet? My memory is so fuzzy. It was so long ago. It was over 10 years ago XD
~Foxtale~

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MOC Mimic
  • mostly papercrafting
    • Netroids
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 03:02:08 PM »
 :think:
I still don't quite understand.  I have never been to Pony Fair so I assume I'll be paying pull price if I go to Hascon 2017.  (maybe I'm the only one here?)   But what about next years Hascon?  Will the original "2016 and earlier" Pony Fair people always be discounted?  Will I get a discount in 2018 if I go to Hascon's Pony area in 2017?   Will everyone, including Pony Fair 2016< pay full price next year?

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 03:10:02 PM »
I still don't quite understand.  I have never been to Pony Fair so I assume I'll be paying pull price if I go to Hascon 2017.  (maybe I'm the only one here?)   But what about next years Hascon?  Will the original "2016 and earlier" Pony Fair people always be discounted?  Will I get a discount in 2018 if I go to Hascon's Pony area in 2017?   Will everyone, including Pony Fair 2016< pay full price next year?

From my understanding we're stuck this year, and following years will probably be decided when they happen.

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2017, 03:25:45 PM »

From my understanding we're stuck this year, and following years will probably be decided when they happen.

It has not been fully or officially stated yet. There are a lot of unknowns about this convention so don't put your hopes down yet. ^.^ All I know is this event is going to be big!
~Foxtale~

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »

This is also going to be my first Pony Fair!  It's the first one close enough to where I live that's happened since I knew the Pony Fair existed haha

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Ficklefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2017, 05:08:07 PM »
Are discounts going to be offered to BotCon attendees as well I wonder. I don't see either fandom being happy with prices.
Currently away from the Arena, please email if you need me. Notifications are turned off for PMs.

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2017, 06:04:56 PM »
Are discounts going to be offered to BotCon attendees as well I wonder. I don't see either fandom being happy with prices.

I was wondering the same thing too... anyone on the Transformers forums? I tried to read but all I saw was confusion over who Hascon is for (and comments about bronies >.<) and mostly talk of exclusives. It appears everyone is very confused lol
~Foxtale~

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MOC Mimic
  • mostly papercrafting
    • Netroids
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2017, 07:20:36 PM »
Right!  BotCon was also shut down like Pony Fair.

As far as I can tell there's no-one on the Transformer forums with an "in" like we have here with Summer.  So there was a big flurry about how expensive it is and the same confusion we had, but now it's quiet there.  I guess apathy has set in. Seems like not very many people are going though.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2017, 08:55:21 PM »
As far as I can tell there's no-one on the Transformer forums with an "in" like we have here with Summer.  So there was a big flurry about how expensive it is and the same confusion we had, but now it's quiet there.  I guess apathy has set in. Seems like not very many people are going though.

I wonder if that would change if the exclusive ends up being really epic.

I have wanted to go to Hascon as soon as I heard it was a thing. Especially since it seems like they are finally going to give some love to LPS. The only thing giving me pause is the price. I really wish they would reconsider the prices because it's rather high right now.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also looking for EG Roller Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare,
brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

My Trades. Av by Moonflower.

Offline skig

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault
    • skig's My Little Pony Customs
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2017, 05:49:01 PM »
I booked two rooms at a Best Western through hotels.com a month or so ago. It's free to cancel if it turns out that we can't go. Interestingly, the site said that all rooms were sold out when I tried to book just one room.

I checked the Omni site two days ago for September 7-11, and it said that there were no rooms available for those dates. I didn't, however, try any different date combos or actually call the hotel to see if I could get a different result.

OK, Pony Fair has not been shut down. I believe that Summer is doing everything in her power to make this fair just as enjoyable as all of the past fairs. The unknowns and lack of updates have been disappointing, but no one can blame her for that. That rests squarely on Hasbro not allowing her to tell us until they say, "OK."

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2017, 07:06:36 PM »

OK, Pony Fair has not been shut down. I believe that Summer is doing everything in her power to make this fair just as enjoyable as all of the past fairs. The unknowns and lack of updates have been disappointing, but no one can blame her for that. That rests squarely on Hasbro not allowing her to tell us until they say, "OK."

Bold By Me. 

And that bolded reason is why it doesn't feel like a FAN convention anymore :(   the control that Hasbro wrests over the Fair has gotten worse and worse until now we are here, at this point. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline skig

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault
    • skig's My Little Pony Customs
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
Summer has done and is doing a fantastic job representing the community, listening to what we want to see at our Fair, and communicating those things to Hasbro. It has to be frustrating and disheartening to read all of the complaints. Since Hasbro has become involved in Pony Fair, there has been a contract in place. It's unfortunate that we've had to wait so long for information this year. It really is, and I have my own opinions about why that is just as I'm sure everyone else does. We wanted more involvement on their part, and here we are. We can't have it both ways. We either accept their involvement (and sponsorship - $$$, licensees, "exclusives," etc.), or put our own money into taking our fair back to an event without them and the perks that they bring to it.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+520)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2017, 07:52:53 PM »
Summer has done and is doing a fantastic job representing the community, listening to what we want to see at our Fair, and communicating those things to Hasbro. It has to be frustrating and disheartening to read all of the complaints. Since Hasbro has become involved in Pony Fair, there has been a contract in place. It's unfortunate that we've had to wait so long for information this year. It really is, and I have my own opinions about why that is just as I'm sure everyone else does. We wanted more involvement on their part, and here we are. We can't have it both ways. We either accept their involvement (and sponsorship - $$$, licensees, "exclusives," etc.), or put our own money into taking our fair back to an event without them and the perks that they bring to it.

Where's the like button?