collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HasCon (PonyFair 2017) info  (Read 11966 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: HasCon (PonyFair 2017) info
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2017, 03:31:45 PM »
I went to both fairs that were held in RI. I believe it was in 2008 and then again in 2011?? I would love to go to this one, but it is BEYOND disheartening that Hasbro is willing to throw us so far under the bus that they won't support us any longer. What's the point in mixing MLP Fair in with HasCon as this point? Can't we do our own thing?
Look and see if there's a local meet up near you. I know there's several going on this summer

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2017, 02:29:41 PM »
Or come to UK Ponycon ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2017, 02:42:00 PM »
Or come to UK Ponycon ;)
Did they open up more ticket sales? I saw on Facebook they were sold out of weekend passes 4 weeks after releasing them for sale. :huh: I had hoped to go, but hadn't got my passport sorted out before the tickets sold out, so I had to cross it off my list of possibilities.

Offline Taffeta

« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2017, 02:51:13 PM »
Or come to UK Ponycon ;)
Did they open up more ticket sales? I saw on Facebook they were sold out of weekend passes 4 weeks after releasing them for sale. :huh: I had hoped to go, but hadn't got my passport sorted out before the tickets sold out, so I had to cross it off my list of possibilities.

Honestly I don't know, though last I checked there were still some stall vendor tickets I think. I don't think there are any weekend ones though, those sell out fast :/ so I guess it wouldn't be worthwhile to come all this way?

I did say it half as a joke, but I genuinely think it would be amazing if there was a way.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2017, 02:55:16 PM »
Or come to UK Ponycon ;)

Honestly I don't know, though last I checked there were still some stall vendor tickets I think. I don't think there are any weekend ones though, those sell out fast :/ so I guess it wouldn't be worthwhile to come all this way?

I did say it half as a joke, but I genuinely think it would be amazing if there was a way.
Well, going to the UK con at least once is on my pony bucket list, so maybe next year. ;) I'd love to get the chance to meet everyone across the pond.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2017, 03:02:04 PM »
Or come to UK Ponycon ;)

Well, going to the UK con at least once is on my pony bucket list, so maybe next year. ;) I'd love to get the chance to meet everyone across the pond.

Jenny, I'm going to try to go next year *crosses fingers*  I was *this* close to going this year, especially with HasCon plans falling through.   But if they're sold out of the weekend passes, next year might be better.   Just hope I have enough vacation time to cover all the places I want to travel!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2017, 03:23:07 PM »
Or come to UK Ponycon ;)

Jenny, I'm going to try to go next year *crosses fingers*  I was *this* close to going this year, especially with HasCon plans falling through.   But if they're sold out of the weekend passes, next year might be better.   Just hope I have enough vacation time to cover all the places I want to travel!
Cool!! :heart: I was kind of surprised they sold out so quickly. I guess it's because they offer single day options in pre-sales, so they hit capacity for Saturday quickly.

But anyway 2018 is looking good for pony pal adventures. :cheer:

Offline Taffeta

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2017, 03:36:06 PM »
At this rate UK ponycon will end up having to have a bigger venue next year ;)

They sell out faster each year now :/ It may be to do with the early bird discount, but I think that since the year bronycon didn't happen and the unexpected sellout, it's been a case of people not wanting to miss getting tickets. It used to be that you could buy on the door, but :/ not any more.

I think it would be really nice to have more people from all over at the UK con, though. I mean, I'd like to one day go to a big one in the US but I have all kinds of issues with long distance flights that mean I have to either pay upgrade or lose my mind...and I can't realistically afford to do that very often :/ But UK con always has people from Europe, and occasional folk from other places, like Whitney as well. It would be great to open that up even more.

Just a shame it can't be this year, as I feel like so many people over there will be missing out because of Hasbro's u-turn :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+90)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2017, 04:37:01 PM »
so funny i was going to go to pony con this year but i just didn't have enough time to organize an overseas trip...

looks like 2018  ponycon may be invaded LOL

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2017, 02:03:25 AM »
For anyone that may be interested, the HasCon discount code was posted to the Fair's Facebook page today:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2017, 04:01:09 PM »
TEN DOLLA?

... Am I reading that right? 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MOC Mimic
  • mostly papercrafting
    • Netroids
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2017, 04:44:32 PM »
i know right!?!!

so here's my injury, please let's add some insult.
$10

wow at this rate they'll offer complimentary restroom usage next.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2017, 05:28:26 PM »
I guess I should just look on the bright side. I'm going to go to Florida in November so I'll just save my pony money for that instead of hascon.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2017, 05:47:50 PM »
i know right!?!!

$10

*Crying with laughter*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2017, 09:58:30 PM »
i know right!?!!

$10

Will be BYO toilet paper ...lol