collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need advice, damaged MOC.  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
Need advice, damaged MOC.
« on: June 01, 2017, 01:32:16 PM »
Hi

I need some advice please.
I recently bought this MOC, wich arrived today (it's a grail pony I have wanted for years, and I'm pretty sure it is even the same MOC that I have had a picture of in my siggy for years now.)

It arrived like this, and I guess you can imagine my disapointment. I'm reluctant to even call it MOC anymore. The comb and ribbon has almost come out (well if i lift the bubble a little, they certainly will), the bubble is more loose than sealed, and the card is badly bent.
I knew there where issues with the MOC, but this is not what I expected.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I guess it is easy to blame the postoffice here, but the box it was shipped in is not even big enough for the card, so it was placed iagonal in the box.

The seller has a lot of rare MOCs, so I guess they would be fairly knowledged in how to pack them well to avoid them getting damaged in the post.

These are the picturesI received from the seller. there are some cracks and bends, but in my opinion not nearly as bad as it was when arriving.

Have not contacted the seller yet, and would need some advice, what should I do here? What CAN I do?
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
Re: Need advice, damaged MOC.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:41:39 PM »
This is 100% the fault of the sender and the P.O.

Its very damaged and you need to be compensated for the damage. The seller needs to file a P.O claim and give you a partial refund for sure. Its so sadly damaged, I wouldn't call it MOC any more either :(

The box also looks low quality, I've seen boxes like this before and they do crush easily.

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 02:24:31 PM »
I can't even imagine how dissapointed you must be. If I'd gotten that pony like that I would have cried. I agree it's no longer a MOC more like mint with damaged card. I agree with shelves ofwhimsy. Contact your seller.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 02:46:34 PM »
:( oh man, I'm sorry, what a disappointment for you.

The box has obviously been crushed and handled badly during its journey to you. That's the post offices fault. I must agree though, that the box was too small for the card. Putting the card in so it sat diagonally in the box was risky move.

I suggest talking to the person you bought her off.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 02:51:00 PM »
Definitely talk to the seller and see what they think. If they offer a quick solution that you are happy with, great. I think the damage is too much to just suck it up and ignore it.

I had a pony (actually two, but one in particular) fall off card in transit once and the seller was mortified by it, and offered a significant partial refund. I kept the pony and accessories and card and I was happy with that resolution. Maybe your seller will be amenable to some similar arrangement or a return if that is what you choose.

Always sad to see a MOC pony become a victim of the post :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 05:01:14 PM »
I totally agree with everyone else.   There is no way at all a moc can be shipped that way.  I am so sorry you lost this grail in the condition you were expecting it to be.  I hope the seller does the right thing.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 06:37:21 PM »
Oh my goodness!  I would definitely reach out for your recompense in some way!  :(  sooooooo sad!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 01:52:39 AM »
Oh thats shocking to be honest the seller should have known better than this, yes the post office mishandled the item but mocs should be packed jn away allowing for some room should the box get damaged. I would return for a full refund honestly.. To me that hardly is moc now.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:07:11 AM by nhal039 »

Offline Leikin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 09:23:26 AM »
Thank you all for your inputs.

Yes, I'm very disapointed, as I have wanted her for so long, and never thought of actually getting her MOC.

What would be a fair value for this pony in this condition know?  I mean, the pony itself is not that uncommon (spanish baby, sells for around 10-15$ in my area, and a payed A LOT more for this) But the fact that she was MOC was what made her so htf. I have actually only ever seen two of this MOC, and well, this is one of them. :(
Sure the accessories may be a little harder to find, as they are spanish, but the pony is not, it was sold in other countries as well (with other accessories though).

For me, the value has dropped drastically, but I dont know whats really fair to ask for. 

I'm thinking of keeping her and glue it togheter again and make the best of what I can to straighten the card out (and of course tell its glued if I ever sell her), but it still is extremly disapointening.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 11:58:31 PM »
I honestly cant help with a pc i dont buy mocs never have, maybe ask on nirvana section (without pc story just ask for a straight pc in that condition).
I am assuming she was an ebay sale? In that case please be aware that ebay will make you return if the seller doesnt want to make a partial refund (ebay deals only with straight returns, so you will only get a partial if the seller agrees to). I  not sure how paypal works if it was a straight transaction not via ebay, maybe they allow partial refunds if a claim as to be made.
Unfortunely i have in my only 2 negative deals, the sellers where as nice as pie until there was a problem, the last one i had to open a case on after nearly 3 months of no refund (ebay refunded me in the end) please just make sure you dont lose your rights as good sellers might end up nasty. Good luck sorry this happened to you

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 02:45:16 PM »
I would return for a full refund honestly.. To me that hardly is moc now.

Considering the amount of damage done, I agree with returning for a full refund.

Ebay will make you return the item if the seller doesn't agree to a partial refund.   So it may save you some trouble to just show the seller your pictures, tell them your very disappointed, and that you no longer want this item in the condition it is in. 

You likely paid too much to accept it in this condition.

If, as you mentioned, the pony itself isn't all the uncommon, then you shouldn't feel pressure to keep it.  I know you wanted it MOC.  But you know this one is *not* MOC any longer.  It's a real shame, and I am sorry this happened.

Please let us know how this turns out.

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 03:07:18 PM »
oh while I remember paypal as programs in which they will pay for return shipping for you in cases that the item is not described. The programs are catered for the us and europe. I am in NZ and so they don't have a program like this here but after many emails and getting my case escalated 3 times through paypal I got hold of a supervisor which started away covered the cost of shipping for me so I could return the pony (shipping was $50 us to send back tracked and I refused to pay this since the item was not as described hence no fault of my own). In my case it was a bit different the "variant" pony was not a variant at all but rather a rehair here, in you case the seller will be able to have a go at the post office to recover costs. Either way you don't need to be out of pocket for this

Offline Leikin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 04:05:13 AM »
Thanks for all your comments. This has been dragging on for some time know, and today I received a mail that they close the claim, and I will not get my money back, due to the adress provided (by Paypal) could not be found when I returned the package, so it seem that the package is going back to me as noone has claimed it.  So now I'm out of bouth the cost for the item+shipping, and a returnshipping, and still have not got what I bought. The seller claims it was shipped properly and good packaged and will not accept any refunds. In fact, it was the seller that started the claim and not me.  I'm so angry right now I dont know what to do.

As this is my first paypal claim, I need to ask advice from those of you with a little more experience. Is there any way I can oppose to this resolution, now as the case has been close, or isn't there anything I can do?
I kinda feel betrayed by paypal, as they gave me the adress that was not deliverable, and then they blaim me for not being able to provide proof of the seller had received it. Of course I cant do that, the adress I got was wrong! :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal