collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Questions for people with MIB Princess Brush & Grow Ponies in yellow boxes.  (Read 647 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
So random and weird questions for people with US boxed Princess Brush & Grow Ponies...(yellow boxes).

#Does your pony come with any form of make up?
#If so, what make up? Does the box say it is included with the pony as an accessory or as an extra?
#Do the make up packages have any artwork on them (pony images, rainbow, anything to formally identify it as MLP?

I ask because I have seen what I think implies the yellow boxed PBnG ponies sometimes had special offer make up but not as standard - don't want to assume though?

Also a very specific question. From Googling images, it looks like the yellow boxed version of Star Gleamer comes with a yellow ribbon. Can anyone confirm?
Ditto above question for Brilliant Bloom -is her US release ribbon blue?

Thank you for anyone who answers my odd questions! I want to make sure I have my information right.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 04:08:04 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I have Star Gleamer and Glittering Gem. Neither have make up with them.
Star Gleamer's ribbon: yes it's yellow, a light pastel yellow colour.
-

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I have Star Gleamer and Glittering Gem. Neither have make up with them.
Star Gleamer's ribbon: yes it's yellow, a light pastel yellow colour.

Awesome, thank you :D That is super helpful on all levels.

I asked the question because I know the UK release had included make up as standard but I wasn't sure about the US one and whether they were the same. I saw some pictures online but wanted someone with one in box to confirm or negate whether these were special additions or part of the accessory set.

Also thank you on the ribbons, that's great. I only have data for the those two in the UK release but it seems to me from my Star Gleamer and the picture of Brilliant Bloom I have from LadyG that the ribbon colours are reversed between those two. My Star Gleamer has a blue ribbon and it looks like there's a yellow ribbon in the image for Lady G's. Can anyone with a yellow boxed Brilliant Bloom confirm the colour of her ribbon?

Now I guess I'm curious about the other two too but until I have image evidence for the UK ones I dunno what ribbons they have.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I have clear pictures of Brilliant Bloom, Star Gleamer and Skylark in yellow boxes. 

Brilliant Bloom has a sticker that advertises free nail polish. I can't see it in the box though.
Star Gleamer shows no advertisement for make-up.  The photo shows a yellow ribbon.   Has a KAYBEE store price sticker.
Skylark shows no advertisement for make-up either.   Has a KAYBEE store price sticker.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Interesting, thank you. I also saw some with stickers on but I wasn't clear what the labels were referring to in terms of make up.

The stuff that the UK ones came with look like this:

Do we have any examples of US boxed ones that anyone knows of which have these or is make up included in the US boxes entirely unmarked?

I am trying to get the right accessories listed on my site but I have never had any of the US boxed ones in my possession and am not sure I have ever seen one in real life.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
I've never seen a US packaged Princess with the UK type make up. It'd be the "Bonus" make up of eyeshadow, lipstick or nail polish that other ponies came with around then.
I bought all four in the UK in UK packaging and they all came with the nail polish and lipstick so it's standard for the UK release it seems :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I've never seen a US packaged Princess with the UK type make up. It'd be the "Bonus" make up of eyeshadow, lipstick or nail polish that other ponies came with around then.
I bought all four in the UK in UK packaging and they all came with the nail polish and lipstick so it's standard for the UK release it seems :)

Yeah, I had Star Gleamer as a kid and she had it, and also the MIB one I just acquired has it, and it's written all over the box that she does (LOL I think I counted four separate places) so I guess Hasbro were mighty pleased with themselves for doing it.

But I DON'T remember (maybe you do) whether we had a thing in the UK where make up was in random pony packages. I know we had random mummy charms in packages, but the make up thing I think was maybe just with these girls and the Perfume Puff Palace. Does that tally with your memory as well?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales

Yeah, I had Star Gleamer as a kid and she had it, and also the MIB one I just acquired has it, and it's written all over the box that she does (LOL I think I counted four separate places) so I guess Hasbro were mighty pleased with themselves for doing it.

But I DON'T remember (maybe you do) whether we had a thing in the UK where make up was in random pony packages. I know we had random mummy charms in packages, but the make up thing I think was maybe just with these girls and the Perfume Puff Palace. Does that tally with your memory as well?

That does sound right. I got lots of ponies from many different sets and there was never a mention of free make up. I've also never seen a UK packaged pony with any sign of it either.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
The makeup was a limited time bonus packaged with certain US ponies. If they included makeup there would be a sticker added to the box or card, but the make up item would not be added to the text portion that usually says something like "includes comb, ribbon, barrette..." - if that makes sense?

The US Brush N Grow Princesses exist in boxes both with & without makeup. If makeup was included it would have been nail polish only. From memory the following sets had the following promotional makeup types in the US:

Lipstick
Sparkle Ponies
Candy Cane Ponies

Eye Shadow
Perfume Puff Ponies

Nail Polish
Princess BNG

...another set may have had eyeshadow as well, but these are sets I personally had as a child with makeup.

Post Merge: June 01, 2017, 11:29:35 AM

I'd like to add, if anyone has a pic of Lemon Treats with lipstick MIB, I'd love to see it. I'm fairly certain my childhood one came with a non-standard ribbon color & I'm wondering if that matches up with the makeup promo. :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:29:35 AM by kitkatvintage »

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
The makeup was a limited time bonus packaged with certain US ponies. If they included makeup there would be a sticker added to the box or card, but the make up item would not be added to the text portion that usually says something like "includes comb, ribbon, barrette..." - if that makes sense?

The US Brush N Grow Princesses exist in boxes both with & without makeup. If makeup was included it would have been nail polish only. From memory the following sets had the following promotional makeup types in the US:

Lipstick
Sparkle Ponies
Candy Cane Ponies

Eye Shadow
Perfume Puff Ponies

Nail Polish
Princess BNG

...another set may have had eyeshadow as well, but these are sets I personally had as a child with makeup.

Post Merge: June 01, 2017, 11:29:35 AM

I'd like to add, if anyone has a pic of Lemon Treats with lipstick MIB, I'd love to see it. I'm fairly certain my childhood one came with a non-standard ribbon color & I'm wondering if that matches up with the makeup promo. :P

I have a couple that aren't mine. I'll PM them to you :)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Thank you! :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile

The US Brush N Grow Princesses exist in boxes both with & without makeup. If makeup was included it would have been nail polish only.

Thank you! That helps a lot. I thought that it was part of the promotion and that it was only over there, not over here (thank you Chrissytree for confirming that seems likely) but didn't know what make up came with which sets. I had seen Sparkle Ponies mostly with the make up but I had always assumed that the Princess BnG ponies had it as part of their accessory set because ours did...and then I googled it and realised that they didn't.

By comparison it's written all over the box of ours, and is included in the list of accessories:

I still have my original bottle for Star Gleamer somewhere in my accessories though I don't know about the lipstick/where it is. I did find it a while back but thought it had come with the Perfume Puff Palace so didn't put it aside as hers. I don't remember mine having the lipstick but my pony was a guinea pig for her nail polish (she still has some on her hooves) and when I look closely at her lips it does seem like maybe she was a guinea pig for that too...so if and when I find that lipstick again, I'll put it in the right place.

I wonder if I would be right in assuming the US make up was basically in the same style of package as the ones in the UK release only without pony-specific labels on them? I have MIP ponies from those sets but I think the only US one is Sugar Sweet and I am fairly sure she doesn't have any make up. She probably came from here originally as part of the imported US boxed ponies and so wouldn't have been included in that promotion anyway.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:57:15 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
I can check mine tomorrow as well :)

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I can check mine tomorrow as well :)

Thank you, that would help - especially if you can confirm or negate on the ribbon for Brilliant Bloom in the US. Right now my page says that Star Gleamer and Brilliant Bloom had opposite ribbon colours in the UK from the yellow box US release, but I'd like to be 100% sure that's the case.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
They're not the same style and I"m looking for someone to donate photos of the Nail Polish and Eye shadows to my new accessories site.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal