collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BDJ Freyr/freya cat help [GOT HER]  (Read 2039 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
BDJ Freyr/freya cat help [GOT HER]
« on: May 30, 2017, 04:18:06 PM »
Hi! I could really use some help.

I'm very actively looking for a Freyr but can only seem to find it in light grey.
I really thought they had released a white version as well?

Ideally I want a white Freyr body with a white Freya head (can they even be changed?). Is there a place besides junkyspot that I could look (iv checked ebay and etsy)

Im new to buying bjd's so I'm not really that well informed on releases and things, but I remember seeing a review once for a white freyr.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:55:41 AM by True »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: BDJ Freyr/freya cat help
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 04:47:42 PM »
denverdoll emporium is a good place to look
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 05:44:20 PM »
denverdoll emporium is a good place to look

Hmm looked around but didnt really find anything, but thanks! (if I had more money to spend this place would probably get it all xD) also I'm just looking for a blank/non faceup as I have something very specific in mind.

I guess I might just cave and get the female. I don't like that she has breasts but I guess once the clothes are on her, no one will know anyway.

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 06:10:29 PM »
Hujoo dolls are pretty much exclusively sold through junkyspot, whether through their website or other places such as their ebay store.

Hujoo dolls are made from Abs plastic, and as such are more mass-produced than resin dolls, so custom orders are a lot less of a thing with them.  Freyr and freya dolls are both strung, so for sure you can swap the heads. The only problem I could see there is freya's head might need to be modded a little it freyr's neck is thicker.

As far as ordering as (mixed head and body) instead of buying both dolls, it never hurts to ask.  The guy who runs junkyspot is pretty friendly if I remember right.

I am sure that freyr was released in white, they release colors in batches for the kitties and when they sell out they are sold out.  He may come up again in white, once again I feel that would be a good question to send to junkyspot to see if that might be a thing anytime soon.

I hope that helps  :)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:45:33 PM by Firecracker »

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 06:48:44 PM »
Hujoo dolls are pretty much exclusively sold through junkyspot, whether through their website or other places such as their ebay store.

Hujoo dolls are made from Abs plastic, and as such are more mass-produced than resin dolls, so custom orders are a lot less of a thing with them.  Freyr and freya dolls are both strung, so for sure you can swap the heads.

As far as ordering as (mixed head and body) instead of buying both dolls, it never hurts to ask.  The guy who runs junkyspot is pretty friendly if I remember right.

I am sure that freyr was released in white, they release colors in batches for the kitties and when they sell out they are sold out.  He may come up again in white, once again I feel that would be a good question to send to junkyspot to see if that might be a thing anytime soon.

Ohh! Thank you for this info! I didnt even know it would be ok to ask that kinda thing, so maybe I will!

Like I said I am 100% new to bjd/posable dolls (excluding MH which I dont count) rofl Iv been looking into the freyr/freya for some time and figured they would be a good start 1) because I have a cat character that they would be perfect for, and I love cats, and 2) they're pretty inexpensive so i don't feel so intimidated about practicing a faceup.

Thought I have heard abs does not take acetone so I'm not sure how Ill whip if I need to lol. 

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 07:29:25 PM »

Hujoo dolls are made from Abs plastic, and as such are more mass-produced than resin dolls, so custom orders are a lot less of a thing with them.  Freyr and freya dolls are both strung, so for sure you can swap the heads.

Ohh! Thank you for this info! I didnt even know it would be ok to ask that kinda thing, so maybe I will!

Like I said I am 100% new to bjd/posable dolls (excluding MH which I dont count) rofl Iv been looking into the freyr/freya for some time and figured they would be a good start 1) because I have a cat character that they would be perfect for, and I love cats, and 2) they're pretty inexpensive so i don't feel so intimidated about practicing a faceup.

Thought I have heard abs does not take acetone so I'm not sure how Ill whip if I need to lol.
If you wanted to go for a slightly smaller size there is the hujoo nano freya (which does come in white). It's a bit smaller, and has nothing to denote gender (no breasts etc) I have one and even though the name of the sculpt is freya my little one is definitely a boy in my mind.
If you have everything sealed properly you could probably wipe it with a bit of elbow grease and some 90% rubbing alcohol, I don't know for sure how abs reacts to acetone and I know the other commonly used product for wiping face-ups (Windsor and Newton Brush Cleaner) is something that you do want to avoid using on abs dolls.
Good luck on your search. :)

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 08:39:55 PM »
I did look at the nanos and they're soooooo precious and little, but i think the standard size are just perfect! I might get one down the line as a tiny sibling. :p

I just love the size of the standard ones though, I've never been much of a fan for the big mile tall dolls i see all over the bjd communities, i mean they look gorgeous but I just would feel so intimidated xD. I like something I can hold in my hand and fiddle around with.

I kinda wish they would release a black color for the frayas as I have an all black cat character too xD but ahwell.

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 08:42:51 PM »
The Junky Spot restocked recently. They have white Freyas listed on their Ebay. No Freyr, though.

I second asking for when they'll restock. They answer questions pretty fast and are very friendly!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 01:25:10 AM »
OK I caved x.x I bought the white Freya and some eyes! This is the first time Iv bought something like this so I'm excited!
I have plans for the faceup and have already started making sketches of it and different outfits I plan on making them... Wow I'm glad I truly cant afford the resin bjd's xD I can see how this quickly becomes addicting lol.

I decided to just go with freya in the end because she'll be fully clothed and you won't see her chest (the character is a female, i just am not a fan of my furry characters having breasts) but you won't be able to tell, and I liked the face mold of the fraya more than the freyr.

I might get a Freyr, or one of the nanos down the line, The Rabis are sooo precious!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:30:18 AM by True »

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 08:44:44 PM »
I currently have a nano like I mentioned, and I recently got my sister Hannah a nano Rabbi for her birthday and they are adorable.
I would love if they made other colors, I know that some can be painted or dyed but I'm too paranoid to do much beyond a face up or a tiny bit of body blushing myself.
Hope you love your girl and you'll post pics when you get her fixed up in the BJD thread. :D

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 09:40:24 PM »
Oh trust me I will, and Ill probably be asking for help too. xD
Ill probably only do a faceup too since I plan on having her wearing clothes all the time, though ill probably paint/blush her lil toe beans too

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 10:54:10 AM »
She came! I need to get better at taking pictures uuugh xD
I won't have a chance to give her a face any time soon, so in the meantime I tried to see if any of my clothes would fit her. Surprisingly some MH things fit. (i'm probably ruining those leggings though) But I like how the shirt looks, My son thought she needed the necklace xD

Ill probably make my own eyes down the line, I snached up the cat eyes just so she would have something lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:56:46 AM by True »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: BDJ Freyr/freya cat help [GOT HER]
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 02:35:43 PM »
oooh, she's cute!! I love those leggings on her :D

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
Re: BDJ Freyr/freya cat help [GOT HER]
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 03:12:49 AM »
Congrats! She's lovely! Can't wait to see her all fixed up, the outfit actually looks pretty cute on her!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal