collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mystery paper in Gusty  (Read 8831 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Mystery paper in Gusty
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2017, 02:48:51 PM »
I asked someone at work and he said the fields are:

Number (like maybe production number?)
Name (either "first name" or possibly the name of the pony?)
Quantity
Surname
Date

The reason we were speculating that "name" might be the pony's name is that otherwise it seems weird that they put the Quantity field between the two name fields.

And I'm going to ask someone else in the office who knows traditional chinese to doublecheck.  She also may be able to decipher the actual note written in pen.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2017, 09:46:46 AM »

I am thinking about rehairing her - hence the white tail. Trying out the New Look and all.

If she is factory something or other, maybe she's worth preserving as she is?

It occurred to me she might have been a test sample or something, something they tried out things on like how much the symbols rubbed or whether the hair came out. Although it is more likely it was sent as a sample somewhere and ended up in a family's hands. Maybe all such samples had paper inside. We just don't know because we don't have them to hand or haven't decapitated them yet?

Wow, how dark this thread has become, with silence of the lambs, decapitation and spider nests O.O.

There are so many weird little mysteries that we will probably never be able to resolve. I am going to assume that either the guy was hungry or that was his surname...

There is something in what you say there. I haven't done anything permanent to her. Daddy Sweet has just pinched her tail.  ;)

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2017, 08:10:38 AM »
Maybe it's a secret spy message! No one would ever think to look inside a child's toy from the 80's for something like that!

...Except one of us.  :silly:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »
I do remember an SOS being smuggled out in a bunch of Halloween decorations.  It turned out they were being made at a forced labor camp in China.  Thank god this isn't a message like that.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2017, 07:25:40 AM »
Wow!  What an interesting and exciting find!  That's the first I've ever heard of something like this being discovered in a pony body.  Years ago there was a story about someone who purchased a toy from an American store and found a note from a factory worker in China hidden inside.  The factory worker was pleading for help because they were imprisoned in the factory.  Sounds like an urban legend, but it was real.  This is still a cool find though, even though it isn't a secret message, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal