collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mystery paper in Gusty  (Read 8824 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery paper in Gusty
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 08:14:01 PM »
This is pretty cool!!! Imagine who the worker was back then in the 80s who put it there.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 11:22:13 PM »
How cool! Neat find! Way better than spiders too!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 05:38:18 AM »
I think the slip of paper found in the pony says "Help!  I'm trapped in a pony factory"

:biggrin:

How cool! I agree that it's probably something like a factory inspection slip. Nice find :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 08:05:53 AM »
Yes of course it is the specialty breed of cobra evolved specifically to fit into pony-size places... :silly:

Oh wow thankfully I dont know any snake that small. I bet there would be more likely a chance of a poisonious spider than that. o.o
Depends on the snake. Lots of species hatch out at only a few inches while some snakes stay super tiny their whole lives such as thread snakes.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 12:08:18 PM »
That is random and kinda cool!  XD  One person found POOP in theirs...I think it was here on the Arena a while back and they said they thought it was dog poop.  Man what kind of revolting person stuffs a toy full of poop?  O_o

I think someone found a joint inside Munchy once. I only seem to find rust and mold inside my ponies.

A JOINT?  lmao  That is so wrong. 

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2017, 11:57:07 PM »
That is so much cooler than the spider nest I found in mine.
i would be terrified, and burn the pony- nest and all. Hopefully thousands of spiderlings didn't stream out once you popped the pony's head off. That would be something straight out a horror movie. >_<
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2017, 01:22:56 AM »
That is random and kinda cool!  XD  One person found POOP in theirs...I think it was here on the Arena a while back and they said they thought it was dog poop.  Man what kind of revolting person stuffs a toy full of poop?  O_o

I think someone found a joint inside Munchy once. I only seem to find rust and mold inside my ponies.

A JOINT?  lmao  That is so wrong.

i love that story. kestral_kitsune retold it just recently when munchy was POTD on 4/20
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385844.msg1636256.html#msg1636256

wishlist

lostpony

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2017, 02:34:56 AM »
Oh good, i wasn't sure which pony content's story I was clicking into...

No I can't imagine what sort of horrible person puts excrement into a toy, or anywhere else it doesn't belong.  Not just because it's an awful thing to even conceive of doing but...how disgusting it would be to carry out, apparently cackling evilly all the while in anticipation of the misery and surprise of some hapless unknown victim in the future.

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2017, 09:31:48 AM »
Oh good, i wasn't sure which pony content's story I was clicking into...

No I can't imagine what sort of horrible person puts excrement into a toy, or anywhere else it doesn't belong.  Not just because it's an awful thing to even conceive of doing but...how disgusting it would be to carry out, apparently cackling evilly all the while in anticipation of the misery and surprise of some hapless unknown victim in the future.

If it helps any, I think it could've been placed there by a small child thinking it was funny or even wanting to hide a "little accident" or something like that. Still gross, of course, but a bit less...heinous, imo. The only issue with this theory is that a child might have trouble getting a pony's head off and then back on, but who knows?
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2017, 10:12:32 AM »

More interestingly to me is the fact those labels are written in traditional script, not simplified. Characters like 號 stand out for that. Mainland China predominately uses simplified Chinese script and have since the 1950s. Hong Kong, however, I *think* use traditional script. Gusty was made in Hong Kong, so that makes sense. I wouldn't like to guess if it is Cantonese or Mandarin, though. That is beyond me ;)

The scribble looks like a character to me - the right hand part looks like the ninben radical
https://media.kanjialive.com/radical_character/ninben.svg
in handwritten script, but I can't tell you what the character is, it's too squiggly. If it's a single character, though, it might be a surname. It seems to be in the quantity box, but the numbers in Japanese and Chinese are the same, and it doesn't resemble any number character I know, even squiggly.

Cantonese and Mandarin share a written language, that's part of why most Chinese cinema is subtitled in charictors since they are relatively universal for the Chinese population.

The Canto using more complicated charictors *might be related to it's extra tones (Mando has 4, Canto has 9 I think). that's just my guess however.

the note is a charictor, not a scribble. I will try to ask a family member to help read it if I remember :)

super cool find !! Has anyone else found one of these before?

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2017, 11:27:51 AM »
That is so cool!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 12:23:55 PM »
What an interesting find!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2017, 01:10:22 PM »

More interestingly to me is the fact those labels are written in traditional script, not simplified. Characters like 號 stand out for that. Mainland China predominately uses simplified Chinese script and have since the 1950s. Hong Kong, however, I *think* use traditional script. Gusty was made in Hong Kong, so that makes sense. I wouldn't like to guess if it is Cantonese or Mandarin, though. That is beyond me ;)

The scribble looks like a character to me - the right hand part looks like the ninben radical
https://media.kanjialive.com/radical_character/ninben.svg
in handwritten script, but I can't tell you what the character is, it's too squiggly. If it's a single character, though, it might be a surname. It seems to be in the quantity box, but the numbers in Japanese and Chinese are the same, and it doesn't resemble any number character I know, even squiggly.

Cantonese and Mandarin share a written language, that's part of why most Chinese cinema is subtitled in charictors since they are relatively universal for the Chinese population.

The Canto using more complicated charictors *might be related to it's extra tones (Mando has 4, Canto has 9 I think). that's just my guess however.

the note is a charictor, not a scribble. I will try to ask a family member to help read it if I remember :)

super cool find !! Has anyone else found one of these before?

That would be absolutely amazing - thank you!

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 07:30:42 PM »
I got a translation!!

It's possible that it's a name, but the symbol literly means either "fix" or "dried meat" depending on context. That is much cooler than just a standard "Joe the inspector" QC tag of you ask me!

Now if that were my pony Id be inspecting her to try to figure out what they fixed ;)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 12:39:36 AM »
I got a translation!!

It's possible that it's a name, but the symbol literly means either "fix" or "dried meat" depending on context. That is much cooler than just a standard "Joe the inspector" QC tag of you ask me!

Now if that were my pony Id be inspecting her to try to figure out what they fixed ;)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!  :biggrin:

I am going to go and have a really good look at her later when I get home... as you say this is way cooler than "Joe the inspector". And the note was sealed up inside her. Wow...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal