collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning ponies  (Read 439 times)

Offline Septima Windsong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Cleaning ponies
« on: May 29, 2017, 12:13:59 PM »
Every of us know that ponies (especially G1s) can get to us dirty. Some dirt could be easily removed by simple bathing, but some flaws remain even after a good wash up. How do you guys deal with things that can't be removed with water and soap? I've read about sunfading and boiling and I can't understand how to do it. Maybe there are some tutorials to do such things or other ways to remove flaws? And I also a bit scared of opening ponies. I know they're toy figures but anyway, it's a bit... creepy for me. Thanks already!

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning ponies
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 01:03:23 PM »
when a dishcloth and soap isn't enough, i usually use a magic eraser. if any flaws remain, i either ignore them or consult the my little pony preservation project.
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »
I sometimes use acetone on ponies. Just stay away from the blush, symbols and eyes. It works a lot better than the magic eraser at getting marks off.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 01:21:35 PM »
I sometimes use acetone on ponies. Just stay away from the blush, symbols and eyes. It works a lot better than the magic eraser at getting marks off.

after a thorough soap and wash, i always put acetone on a magic eraser and clean up any flaws that aren't covered up by markings. this is great for hooves and shoulders (if its not a TAF). combining the forces of the magic eraser and acetone has really saved me several times! : )

id only go to sun fading as a last resort, and only if the mark really really bothers you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 01:26:15 PM »
I always consult the mlp preservation project. If it's stained, I just use a magic eraser. If that doesn't work, I just leave it. I did all I could. But before ever bath, I wash them with a Lysol disinfectant wipe. Gets off the surface dirt and who knows the microbes are on them, building a colony!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Septima Windsong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 08:22:12 AM »
Thank you all for answers! I didn't know about MLP preservation project, so I'll check it up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal