collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Amber variant with yellow tail with no tinsel  (Read 746 times)

Offline Moonshimmer

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Princess Amber variant with yellow tail with no tinsel
« on: May 29, 2017, 08:24:07 AM »
Hi pony friends  ^.^

I'm curious, is Princess Amber/Starburst with a clear symbol and a thin yellow tail with no tinsel confirmed as a genuine variant?
I can't seem to find that version in the Nirvana Gallery or on Shel-t*'s page.

Does anyone own a Princess Amber with a yellow non-tinseled tail?
And are there any sure signs a princess variant is genuine or tampered with?

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Princess Amber variant with yellow tail with no tinsel
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »
Princess variants!

If it's the one I'm thinking of then I am pretty sure she is real :) I have seen plenty with a thin yellow tail with tinsel, but this is the first one I've seen without tinsel.

There are a couple of things that it could be including: the tinsel was brushed out (princess variants were terribly well made and often loose tails), the child pulled the tinsel out (I've had so called tinsel-less Princesses who on inspection has tinsel stumps where it had been snapped off) or she got a tail with out tinsel (this would make her new to the community).

Why do I think she's real? She has no forelock, the symbol is "correct" and has the round red jewel (this round red jewel is from 2nd set Princess Sunbeam), the tail is the right shade of yellow and appears to be the correct length.

In order to fake this princess you'd need a yellow haired Princess Pearl, Princess Amber and a Princess Sunbeam. Also taking princess symbols apart without trashing them is pretty difficult.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Moonshimmer

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 02:34:37 PM »
Thank you so much for your in depth reply, pkw! It's great to have such experts on here :biggrin: I hadn't even realized the gem on amber variants was different from the regular release, despite being pretty obvious when you compare them lol, whoops.

I guess it would be fairly easy to check whether there are traces of tinsel in the root of the tail, so that option could be crossed off the list.
But would it ever be possible to know for sure whether she originally came with a tail without tinsel or whether it was brushed out?

Sorry for all the questions, hope you don't mind  :yikes:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 06:30:35 PM »
No problem ^.^

Princess Amber usually has a yellow gem in the centre of her medallion :) The red jewel is too big and the wrong shape to belong to any of first set Princesses :) It is obvious when you see it though :P

If the tinsel had been lost through brushing, the cause would be a tail clamp that wasn't tight enough. In the cases I've seen where the tail clamp has been loose results in the whole tail being uneven in length and thickness and general shedding when pulled or brushed.

I'll have to have a fiddle with my spare princess tails :P

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal