collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Split movie spoiler & discussion thread  (Read 349 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Split movie spoiler & discussion thread
« on: May 28, 2017, 04:59:51 PM »
Spoilers below:

I rented the movie Split last night. Has anyone else seen it? I was really disappointed in the ending and would have loved a greater twist than Kevin climbing walls and being able to withstand shotgun shells, and Bruce Willis's appearance in the closing scene to indicate the film is connected to another M. Night Shyamalan film.

I was really hoping to see one of the following scenarios end the film:

1) The stained glass and demon statue shown earlier in the film serve as foreshadowing of what's to come and Kevin ends up sprouting demon-like wings thereby morphing from man to a true supernatural beast and perhaps shedding light on the origin of mythological beings.

2) Kevin undergoes a sort of mitosis where the Beast and Kevin physically separate from one another showing that the separate personalities are capable of becoming truly independent beings.

3) The audience learns that Kevin actually does not have DID, but instead Dr. Fletcher does. A separate identity of hers is revealed to have been secretly brainwashing Kevin to bring greater attention to the condition she secretly suffers from and is only subconsciously aware of. Perhaps an additional twist could be that the Beast is one of her identities.

What did others who saw the film think of it? Did you see the ending as a letdown?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:01:45 PM by northstar3184 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal