collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Southwestern PA Pony Meet - July 29 in Mount Pleasant, PA  (Read 1806 times)

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
Southwestern PA Pony Meet - July 29 in Mount Pleasant, PA
« on: May 27, 2017, 09:12:34 PM »
UPDATE:

The SWPA Pony Meet will take place on July 29, 2017 in my backyard. If you are interested in attending, please join the Southwestern PA Pony Meet Facebook group or PM me for the address.
If you are coming and intend to sell or trade, please bring your own table. I am rounding up chairs, but it's helpful if you are able to bring them.
Please bring a wrapped gift less than $3 in value if you would like to participate in the gift grab game.

Set up will be 9-10am. Buy/sell/trade and games 10am-4pm. Lunch will be at 12:30pm. Tear-down will be 4-5pm.

We will possibly be going to a post-meet dinner at a TBD local restaurant.

If anyone will still be in town on Sunday and would like to go to Living Treasures Animal Park (mini-zoo), Idlewild/Soak Zone (amusement/water park), or Caddie Shak (go-karts & mini golfing), we can see about doing that too.

Lunch right now is looking like we'll order a pizza from Alexander's (menu is here: http://alexanderspizzasubs.com/download/i/mark_dl/u/2012099/12093254/Menu.pdf). Please let me know if you have any dietary restrictions.

So far, the rest of our menu is this. We still need tableware, some other flavors of chips/pretzels, and a few sides and desserts.

Main Dish: 50-cut 1/2 pepperoni, 1/2 cheese pizza? ($35 including sales tax and 20% tip; cost to be split, amount TBD.)

Side/Snack: MoonStars - Fruit Tray

Side/Snack: skig - Pasta Salad

Side/Snack: enchantress - Taco Dip or Cookies

Side/Snack: Jeni D. - Pepperoni/Cheese/Crackers Tray

Dessert: skig - 4 dozen cupcakes

Dessert: nessy_86 - Brownies

Dessert: Dera - Oreo Dirt Cake

Drinks: rowdy_cowgirl & Anitas_Mom - Case of bottled water, Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper
heftysmurf76 - 3 bottles Coke, 3 bottles Pepsi

Chips/Pretzels/etc.: Rowdy_cowgirl & Anitas_Mom - Plain potato chips
Rhaegar - 4-5 bags assorted chips

Ice: skig

Tableware (Plates, forks, spoons, napkins, etc.): Rhaegar - Plates
Far_Dreamer - Napkins, forks, knives, spoons

GAMES:

Gift Grab Dice Game - If you would like to participate in this game, please bring a wrapped gift $3 or less in value.

Baby Sea Pony Races - Use a drinking straw to propel your pony across the baby pool. Bring your favorite baby and float if you have them. If not, I have a couple of floats and many babies.

How Many Bows (Could Bow-Tie Tie If Bow-Tie Could Tie Bows) - How many perfect bows can you tie around pony tails in a minute?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, everyone. I'm gauging interest right now in a SWPA pony meet this summer. I'm working on securing a small venue for one of the following dates: July 15, July 29, or August 12. This meet is not restricted to SWPA residents; all are welcome to attend. If you are interested in attending, please post here. I would love to meet with new and old friends this summer for pony fun!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 06:07:50 PM by skig »

Offline DemonicSymphony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Southwestern PA Pony Meet - Interest?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 06:11:23 AM »
*fist bump* I could probably swing it
I rescue unwanted plushies. PM me for details!

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 08:22:30 AM »
Do you know where the venue is yet? If I can find a way to physically get myself there I'd love to go.

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 02:31:20 PM »
*fist bump* I could probably swing it
Woooo!

Do you know where the venue is yet? If I can find a way to physically get myself there I'd love to go.

Whether I am able to rent the venue or have it in my backyard, it will be in Mount Pleasant, PA. That's about an hour southeast of Pittsburgh.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 11:34:57 AM »
Oooh  my son and I would probably like to come, depending on the date.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 03:28:55 PM »

Whether I am able to rent the venue or have it in my backyard, it will be in Mount Pleasant, PA. That's about an hour southeast of Pittsburgh.

I'll have to look into transit options or see if anyone I know is planning to go :)

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 06:07:04 PM »
Oooh  my son and I would probably like to come, depending on the date.

Waiting to hear from my contact on which dates are available.

I'll have to look into transit options or see if anyone I know is planning to go :)

I am able to meet people in Greensburg and bring them down and back, but I can't go further than that.

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 01:23:00 PM »
So, looking at July 29 right now. The hall is booked for July 15.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Southwestern PA Pony Meet - Looking at July 29
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 06:55:12 PM »
So, looking at July 29 right now. The hall is booked for July 15.

I put it on the calendar. Hope it comes together! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help (live near Doylestown, PA, would be driving out Friday, driving home sunday)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 09:47:02 AM »

I am able to meet people in Greensburg and bring them down and back, but I can't go further than that.

Hmm according to Google Maps looks like I can't get to Greensburg either. I'll keep my fingers crossed someone near me is going and see if I can grab a ride lol.

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 10:11:25 AM »

Hmm according to Google Maps looks like I can't get to Greensburg either. I'll keep my fingers crossed someone near me is going and see if I can grab a ride lol.

Are you in the city proper or close to it? I know that FACT used to make a daily Pittsburgh run. I don't know if they still do or if they run on Saturdays.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 10:32:36 AM »

Are you in the city proper or close to it? I know that FACT used to make a daily Pittsburgh run. I don't know if they still do or if they run on Saturdays.

I have access to Pittsburgh's public transit throughout the city. Never heard of FACT.

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 12:45:33 PM »
Potentially interested - July 30 is my birthday and I'm on the eastern side of the state :)

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 12:54:05 PM »

I have access to Pittsburgh's public transit throughout the city. Never heard of FACT.

FACT is Fayette County's bus system, but I just checked their site. They don't run on Saturday, and neither does Westmoreland Transit.  :(

Incidentally, for anyone who has a Facebook account, I've created a group for updates and discussion. It's easier to have everything in one place.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1359428114104354/
(If linking is not permitted, I apologize. I can PM anyone interested.)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 01:12:33 PM »
Oh hey, I didn't even know this was a thing that was happening. I'm definitely interested!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal