collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some advice about selling a couple of MOC G1  (Read 641 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Some advice about selling a couple of MOC G1
« on: May 25, 2017, 10:58:04 AM »
I don't have pictures of these at the moment being that I'm in London and they're at home, but I have a couple of MOC (maybe more than two, but definitely two) that I really need to find a new home for. I do want to go through my collection of MIP and it may be that some have to be rehomed to make room for others that mean more to me to come in, but at present it's two ponies that I know of for sure.

The ponies in question are not super hard to find. One is Whizzer on her US card, she has the wrong sticker but I forget whose she has...I think it's not a TE pony's - and the other is one of the SHS ponies on US card - I think it's Dainty, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

I got these in a group lot last year which I bought for the Tic Tac Toe. Because of my travelling they have been sitting at home gathering dust and taking up space.

Because I am back and forth between here and home, I don't really want to use Ebay.

The ponies are in ok condition. One of the others in the lot had a wrecked bubble but I don't think either of these two do. They are dusty and they are not pristine. Until I get home I can't really be more specific on their condition.

I was hoping Ponycon would be in a viable location for me to have a stall this year, but Bristol UWE is awkward so not an option.

So my questions are, what would you do? If you were back and forth between two locations (obviously not wanting to transport them more than necessary) how would you sell them? Is the Arena a viable place to sell them? I am not averse to shipping them anywhere - I mean, they came here from the US originally, so I don't really mind where they have to go on to - but I just wondered what people thought was the best way of rehoming them.

I'd also like rough price check values but that may have to wait until I have photos. I don't think I have any in my folder, but I will check.

Thanks in advance anyone.

I have quite a bit of pony and MH and other stuff that I need to shift but my nomadic existence of late is really making that hard work.

Edit to add: Turns out I do have images in my photo folder (yay!) and so here they are:

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think Dainty's card looks faded from that image. Whizzer appears to have Baby Shady's sticker. Dainty's bubble is also creased by her ear/earring. More detail on specifics would have to wait till I had them in my hand though that should hopefully help?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:08:28 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Some advice about selling a couple of MOC G1
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »
Ya, I would say start with the Arena to see if there's any interest.  Most people here are going to understand if there's a little delay in shipping time if you're going back and forth a lot.   There's also a good deal of selling and trading that goes on through Facebook in certain areas.  A lot of collectors here are also on Facebook, but you may run into some new people there as well.  Etsy and Ecrater.com are also a couple of online sites you could sell through if you're trying to avoid ebay. 

As far as pricing goes, I'm not very versed in MOC values.  I wish you luck in your sales   ^.^

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 03:07:03 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for that. I absolutely don't use facebook for trading or any collecting communities as I am not a fan of it particularly and I only use it to stay in touch with friends who are in different parts of the country/world so that is not an option. I think Etsy might have the same problem in terms of timescale and locations as ebay, too.

So I guess it will be here, when I have a chance to get home and do some detailed writeups on them.

Still looking for price advice if anyone as any.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 04:40:41 AM »
Local shop has 4 MOC Dainty's that they're asking $50 each for, packaging in good condition...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 05:45:31 AM »
Local shop has 4 MOC Dainty's that they're asking $50 each for, packaging in good condition...

Hrm, so with some package damage, somewhere around $40-45ish might be reasonable for her as a baseline? I guess maybe it also depends on where I am selling her and who is interested, but it's good to have a mental guide. Thanks for that.

I am sort of thinking $55ish for Whizzer at present but just want to make sure I am not being unreasonable in my pricing scale as the comparison between $ and £ has gone so haywire I have to keep checking the conversion to know where I stand!

I also am not sure if having the wrong sticker impacts her value. I have no interest in the flat stickers so it doesn't bother me, but I guess it might bother a buyer.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:49:21 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal