collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Sun Shower

have her
8 (26.7%)
want her
10 (33.3%)
army
0 (0%)
I'll pass
9 (30%)
new to me
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: May 29, 2017, 09:43:46 AM

Author Topic: POTD 5/24/2017 Sun Shower  (Read 763 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: POTD 5/24/2017 Sun Shower
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 07:30:03 AM »
Either I have lost my mind (possible), or hasn't Sunshower been a POTD not that long ago? I am sure I remember posting about her

She was POTD just two months ago.

I like her but the version facing forward is cuter. Monochromatic is nice.

Ah, thank you, I knew I wasn't crazy.
I am also biased because of childhood love and nostalgia but I agree with you. But I think that version may only have been sold in the UK? I never knew about the looking up pose as a child, not till I got online and saw the drawings on DV and realised they were different from my childhood ponies.

My Sunshower and I played together a lot when I was a kid, till she got mould and had to be treated for it and after that she wasn't allowed in the water very much any more. I don't like the looky up pose for the pearlies, because they jolt against my childhood memories of those ponies. I love the pose on the Sea Sparkles though.

Unfortunately my Sunshower's  puffy sticker is stuck with permanent force on the tower of my Dream Castle, alongside Ripple's.

As I posted my other pics last time, I'll post these pictures this time :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's Sunshower refreshing her childhood memories of water with a pony she played with a lot as a child, the Sea Shimmer belonging to my childhood friend who I adopted 20 years ago when my friend gave me her ponies. They used to play in the pool of my friend's PE when I was younger, and so this seemed fitting.

I also had Ripple and I loved her perhaps even more, but for that reason she did less swimming...so I have more active play memories of Sunshower. I was not a rich kid but I had a couple of rich friends as a child. One was the one who gave me her ponies, whose parents could afford PE for her to play with. The other had a father who was a member of some exclusive club with a pool, and I remember once my friend's Mum took us there to the pool. That friend had Backstroke and I am ninety nine percent sure the pony I would have taken to play with Backstroke there would have been Sunshower.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:45:41 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 09:11:31 AM »
One of my very favourite ponies! Luckily I also have her. :D

Great photo. :lovey:

Post Merge: May 25, 2017, 09:12:50 AM

Either I have lost my mind (possible), or hasn't Sunshower been a POTD not that long ago? I am sure I remember posting about her

She was POTD just two months ago.

I like her but the version facing forward is cuter. Monochromatic is nice.

Ah, thank you, I knew I wasn't crazy.
I am also biased because of childhood love and nostalgia but I agree with you. But I think that version may only have been sold in the UK? I never knew about the looking up pose as a child, not till I got online and saw the drawings on DV and realised they were different from my childhood ponies.

My Sunshower and I played together a lot when I was a kid, till she got mould and had to be treated for it and after that she wasn't allowed in the water very much any more. I don't like the looky up pose for the pearlies, because they jolt against my childhood memories of those ponies. I love the pose on the Sea Sparkles though.

Unfortunately my Sunshower's  puffy sticker is stuck with permanent force on the tower of my Dream Castle, alongside Ripple's.

As I posted my other pics last time, I'll post these pictures this time :)

Here's Sunshower refreshing her childhood memories of water with a pony she played with a lot as a child, the Sea Shimmer belonging to my childhood friend who I adopted 20 years ago when my friend gave me her ponies. They used to play in the pool of my friend's PE when I was younger, and so this seemed fitting.

I also had Ripple and I loved her perhaps even more, but for that reason she did less swimming...so I have more active play memories of Sunshower. I was not a rich kid but I had a couple of rich friends as a child. One was the one who gave me her ponies, whose parents could afford PE for her to play with. The other had a father who was a member of some exclusive club with a pool, and I remember once my friend's Mum took us there to the pool. That friend had Backstroke and I am ninety nine percent sure the pony I would have taken to play with Backstroke there would have been Sunshower.

Adorable!!! :frolic:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 06:25:02 AM »
Don't have her yet.  So far I only have a small collection of sea ponies, but I fully intend to own complete sets eventually.  I love the sea ponies, especially the babies.  They're just so cute with their floaties! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal