collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To which fair event should I go, to sell my G3 collection?  (Read 625 times)

Offline September Rose

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
I have a HUGE collection of all mint in package toys and obscure collectibles from the first couple of years of G3. I want to sell them all, keeping only my G1 and G2 collections.

I live in East Texas.

Which fair (s) do you think would be my best bet for this?  Alternatively, is there a good method/service for offering an entire collection for a flat price or perhaps best offer?

Thank you for any brainstorms that may be helpful.
Brandi AKA September Rose
I recently changed my username here on the Arena!  I was MysticSunbeam.  My actual name is Brandi Rae Kaup. 
There's a lot going on in my life, and I'm struggling with depression/anxiety, so I'm not very social right now, not trading, etc.  But I plan to go to a MLP Fair (soon?) and liquidate my G3 collection, so I'll post about that as the time nears.
Love to you all :-)

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
Re: To which fair event should I go, to sell my G3 collection?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »
Isn't there someone who runs a meet in Texas, I'm wanting to think it was in the Houston area (but could be wrong)? Thought I saw a thread about that not long ago. Keep an eye out for that.

As for trying to sell them here or on ebay, you would probably get more overall by selling at least the harder to find, more sought after ones separately or in small lots with one "interesting" pony and a couple more common ones.

Also, you could try Craigslist if you want to sell them as one huge lot. (Just be careful setting up the in-person meet!)

Good luck

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
Re: To which fair event should I go, to sell my G3 collection?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 04:34:42 PM »
This may not be of much help since I live in Pennsylvania, but there's a convention here called Steel City Con that's held multiple times throughout the year, and 90% of the convention is a huuuuuuuge vendor hall of people selling older toys, newer toys, other merch, etc. I've bought several old G1s and G3s, and even G4s, from people at that con. Seriously...countless tables of awesome toys! Maybe see if there's a convention/fair of some sort like that around you?

Good luck!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login