collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NSS Truly - Real or Not?  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: NSS Truly - Real or Not?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 02:17:40 PM »

Thank you for posting Taffeta, I do now recall your Truly being discussed before :)

It wouldn't surprise me if some black eyeliner ponies snuck through :P

I do recall eyeliner colour of other ponies, such as Shady, being discussed to see if there was some sort of link.

Interestingly enough, a Shady I was photographing for my Sales today has obviously brown eyeliner, where as my childhood Movie Star Shady has black eyeliner..........

Love pkw xxx

I am pretty sure both my childhood (UK) Shady and my MOC (French) Shady have black eyeliner. I am quite sure that came up before and I checked.
The Truly with the black eyeliner is here with me in London. Maybe if I remember I'll bring her with me to ponycon and people can examine her and see what they think? Either way she has a home with me for life so it's not a big deal, but it would be interesting to look at this further.

(Very late reply. Sorry. Always forget to read the Nirvana forum.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 09:18:02 AM »
Thank you for posting Taffeta, I do now recall your Truly being discussed before :)

I do recall eyeliner colour of other ponies, such as Shady, being discussed to see if there was some sort of link.

Interestingly enough, a Shady I was photographing for my Sales today has obviously brown eyeliner, where as my childhood Movie Star Shady has black eyeliner..........

Love pkw xxx

I am pretty sure both my childhood (UK) Shady and my MOC (French) Shady have black eyeliner. I am quite sure that came up before and I checked.
The Truly with the black eyeliner is here with me in London. Maybe if I remember I'll bring her with me to ponycon and people can examine her and see what they think? Either way she has a home with me for life so it's not a big deal, but it would be interesting to look at this further.

Thank you Taffeta! I would have loved to go to ponycon - that is another very big 'one day' wish of mine as I have never been to one. If you do take your Truly along it would be interesting to hear what other collectors have to say.  :)  I would also love to find out if anyone else has come across a Truly with two differently coloured symbols.

In addition, I have just bought a pony advertise as NSS Cupcake who appears to have black eyeliner. I really hesitated over the purchase, however she was a good price, so I caved. I don't have her as yet so cannot confirm whether it is black or not at this stage.

We might find, as we dig deeper, that some Trulys and Cupcakes (etc) did slip through without being flocked - perhaps they had run out of the 'regular' type and needed some to fulfill an order so just quickly grabbed ponies out of the yet-to-be-flocked pile?

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 02:20:20 PM »

Love pkw xxx

I was wrong :blush:

I double checked them just now and they both have black eyeliner. The eyeliner looked dark brown when I looked at my photos, but it is a trick of the light in the picture or my settings on my screen.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal