Pony Talk > MLP Nirvana

NSS Truly - Real or Not?

(1/4) > >>

NightGliderSA:
This is one of the reasons I joined The Arena: so that I would be able to ask all you more experienced Pony People questions like this one:

How can you tell if NSS Truly is actually NSS Truly and not a deflocked version? I have two you see, both offered as genuine, however they are different from each other. The one lady has cutie marks with pink hearts on both sides, while the other has pink hearts on one side and a more purple colour on the other. I will try to upload photo's: is there a way other than using photo bucket?

Please help me... I have done my best to research on the web but with no luck so far. Even the photo on the Nirvana gallery here shows only one side of Truly.

LadyMoondancer:
All G1 ponies have the same symbol color on both symbols.  So the purple heart could be the result of the paint pigment fading;  I know some ponies have pink symbols that fade to a blueish purplish, like Peachy, Scoops, and Baby Crumpet. Possibly Truly is in the same boat?  As far as I know, both NSS and SS Truly have the same heart color originally.

I believe there is some difference in the color of the outline of the pony's eye that is different between SS Truly and NSS Truly.  IIRC NSS Truly has brown-ish eyeliner, while SS has black eyeliner?

Also, it is just really really REALLY hard to deflock a SS to the point where there isn't one bit of flocking left.  Look for bits of flocking left in the mane, between the hairplugs.  That's the hardest place to get flocking out of.

pinkkittywinks:
The eye liner and symbols are slightly differ colour. The So Soft ponies have black eyeliner where as the pony friends set have very dark gray brown eyeliner.

Love pkw xxx

NightGliderSA:
Thank you so much for your advice! I really appreciate it!

I have had a really good look at my girls: cannot see any flocking anywhere and their eyes look a dark greyish brown to me - eyeliner and pupils seem to be the same colour. However I will look again in daylight to be sure as artificial light can do some strange things. Would be so awesome if they are genuine.

Here are the images of Truly with differently coloured symbols. I took them at night, so they haven't come out too well. The hearts on her right side are a lilac purple colour. Would the bird (dove?) also be faded if the hearts were?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Right Side

Left Side

pinkkittywinks:
I'm not sure why the symbols are different on each side? They don't look painted or touched up, from the pictures the symbols look original :)

I found these threads for you describing the difference that can be seen between a defrocked so soft and a genuine pony friends set pony ^.^

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,349724.0.html

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360922.0.html

Love pkw xxx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version