collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ticket and booth prices finally revealed  (Read 9003 times)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+585)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
Re: Ticket and booth prices finally reavealed
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 02:54:58 PM »

also curious it says artist table 350 and then booth 1000,,,  if there a difference? is the artist one not for selling? 

generally artist tables are for art (often things like prints, but can be other things) that can be sold, but not for other tangibles (plush, tshirts, collectibles, etc -- which is what vendor tables are for), so you would need less room for an art table for your art..., I"ve emailed them for an application, so I'll see what it says...I'm hoping I can do an artist table for customs...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 03:40:47 PM »
I don't understand Hasbro. Take for example the basic booth pricing, it's $1000 for 10'x10' space but you only get two chairs but 4 badges? For $1000, Hasbro can't give you 4 chairs? Really hasbro? Same thing with the deluxe booth, you get 6 badges but still only 2 chairs. Is there a chair shortage at Hasbro?

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 03:44:27 PM »
I don't understand Hasbro. Take for example the basic booth pricing, it's $1000 for 10'x10' space but you only get two chairs but 4 badges? For $1000, Hasbro can't give you 4 chairs? Really hasbro? Same thing with the deluxe booth, you get 6 badges but still only 2 chairs. Is there a chair shortage at Hasbro?

Chairs are an extra $500.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • Andrea's 80s Toys
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 03:47:48 PM »
I feel this is a fail on Summer's part for handing over the fair to Hasbro as she could have had someone else run it for one year since she was moving.

Summer has only ever done everything in her power to make this event the best it possibly could be for us, and I would never describe her decisions as a "fail."

There is a lot that, for legal reasons, cannot be released or revealed at this time, and it's far from being her fault.

Agreed.  She is trying to save this event for the pony community the best way she can.  She doesn't have much control at all.  We should all be grateful she cares that much about our community.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MOC Mimic
  • mostly papercrafting
    • Netroids
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »
ya I wouldn't blame Summer.  Hasbro has grabbed control of something that is technically theirs.

i'm pretty shocked at the prices, both booth prices and attendee's.

Transformer fans are also complaining about prices and also basically the "it doesn't seem like Hascon is for fans " sentiment.  they especially don't seem like being lumped in with all of the other hasbro properties.

I like MLP, Nerf and TF, so I was excited to go, but.. with prices (+ airfare).., and "Chewbacca mom" being a guest speaker. LOL . something seems amiss.  I'm beginning to wonder if we'll get the same fan support by visiting our local toys-r-us in September instead.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:56:22 PM by gabumon »
~ Wait! Don't Bait!  ~ Collection Posts ~ Thrift Store Finds  ~

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 04:00:58 PM »
That's kinda steep. Throw in having to travel there, pay for a hotel room, etc. I don't think this'll happen for me this year. That's a shame too, because I was hoping this would give me a great excuse to visit a state I've never been to before. Oh well! :(

lol @ Chewbacca Mom being a guest. Meanwhile, I'm still here wishing that someone would capture my hilarity on video so I can become internet famous for no reason...
Instagram / Want List

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 04:49:43 PM »
well lets hope we hear some positive news soon......   :)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+143)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 05:40:58 PM »
Still hoping on separate booth prices at least

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+130)
  • MOC Mimic
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 05:56:59 PM »

It's because there is probably a rule only 2 people behind a 6 foot table at a time and businesses would have staff covering different shifts. I've ran into that rule with anime cons.

Call me crazy but I wonder if there's going to be a separate area for selling vintage toys with alternative prices because those exhibitor tables seem more so for established businesses. I did see a very vague mention of different "sites" when trying to find clarity of terms. But even that stupidly vague.

they should define of what an exhibitor badge means. Does it mean general admission is included? Because that would make those prices reasonable (compared to general admission)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2017, 05:57:26 PM »
yep, sticker shock. Hope there are special MLP rates.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »

[/quote]

Chairs are an extra $500.

Sounds about right.

It's because there is probably a rule only 2 people behind a 6 foot table at a time and businesses would have staff covering different shifts. I've ran into that rule with anime cons.

Clearly Hasbro is thinking anyone that is vending is a business instead of being just average fans. I mean, this sounds like prices a company would pay, not average pony collectors. I think they've gotten confused but it's probably more that its a combo of everything that is hasbro and they're looking for a certain type of vendor, not average joepony trying to trade/sell extra MLP they have.

I think the first one ($350) is described as having an 8 foot table so if the rule is 2 for a 6' table then 8' table should mean you can have 2 people and a half a person (LOL!!!!!)

The real shocker is $5000, you get 4 chairs and 2 tables, 10 badges. That would equal to $500 per person...

I think Hasbro has got the wrong idea about their fans or they're looking for certain types of vendors and that is why the price is so high.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MOC Mimic
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »

Clearly Hasbro is thinking anyone that is vending is a business instead of being just average fans. I mean, this sounds like prices a company would pay, not average pony collectors. I think they've gotten confused but it's probably more that its a combo of everything that is hasbro and they're looking for a certain type of vendor, not average joepony trying to trade/sell extra MLP they have.

I think the first one ($350) is described as having an 8 foot table so if the rule is 2 for a 6' table then 8' table should mean you can have 2 people and a half a person (LOL!!!!!)

The real shocker is $5000, you get 4 chairs and 2 tables, 10 badges. That would equal to $500 per person...

I think Hasbro has got the wrong idea about their fans or they're looking for certain types of vendors and that is why the price is so high.

You are correct about the 8 foot table, I just saw 6 foot. I've had situations with 8 foot tables that where we could add a 3rd person if we paid for an additional badge. Usually rules like that are clear but there is no definition here. My latest con we had to fight to get that chair.

Yes I believe these exhibitor prices are for established​ businesses.... Like build a bear or something, where $5,000 wouldnt be too outlandish.

I believe there is more to this than revealed.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:51:20 PM by banditpony »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • MOC Mimic
  • mostly papercrafting
    • Netroids
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 06:55:51 PM »
I dunno. I'm not sure there's anything more to be revealed.  Hasbro just doesn't want regular people at vendor booths.

As was mentioned before, big businesses are probably saying "wow what a deal!"

Why do we think there's more info coming?
~ Wait! Don't Bait!  ~ Collection Posts ~ Thrift Store Finds  ~

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2017, 06:57:41 PM »
I'm still confused by this fact... is Hascon taking the place of the My Little Pony Fair for 2017?

Like should I buy  Hascon tickets if I want to attend the fair or are they separate?

If this is the event... will Hascon let you buy an Artist table to sell ponies?

Can't wait for more details.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:57:10 AM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MOC Mimic
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2017, 07:00:24 PM »
I dunno. I'm not sure there's anything more to be revealed.  Hasbro just doesn't want regular people at vendor booths.

As was mentioned before, big businesses are probably saying "wow what a deal!"

Why do we think there's more info coming?

I think there is more because we haven't heard Summer confirm anything. If this was it, she'd say so.

I also think there is a hint on different "sites" and I'd like to think that means a mlp site.. a transformer site... Whatever. This is a huge event in a convention center and whatever space the Dunkin donut center is.

I am optimistic there is a mlp fair within the large event. I could be totally wrong. I'm just hoping. :)