collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alien movie  (Read 616 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Alien movie
« on: May 22, 2017, 03:46:46 PM »
I'm going to go see the new Alien movie with friends Tuesday night.  The writeup I saw says it's on the alien homeworld this time.

Anyone else going to see it?  Please put spoilers under spoiler for now just in case!

Also which pony should I take with?  Hm....I know, has to be Pinky.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Alien movie
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 04:17:13 PM »
I want to see it badly but due to an injury I won't be able to sit through it.  So, I am going to watch it when it hits pay per view.  Enjoy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 04:39:41 PM »
We saw it on Saturday for hubby's birthday. He really enjoyed it (and has been a big Aliens fan all along). I was grateful for his shoulder to hide into at the more gory parts, but otherwise wasn't bad.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 04:43:09 PM »
I need to binge watch them first! I've only seen the original. I own them all except for the AVP's and Prometheus.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

lostpony

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 05:34:01 PM »
Im happy to hear its good enough to please serious fan (there would be No excuse for making a poor Alien movie) and Bekuno you are in for a treat. Aliens is really action packed and 3 is more cat-and-mouse than the original so whatever you liked about the first one, you'll get a whole bunch more!

Avp is more of a predator movie anyway and no one likes promethius. I dont remember anything but the beginning of 4 so im wondering if i even saw the whole thing...maybe i should watch it tonight b4 meeting up for new one tomorrow.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 12:57:45 AM »
I wasn't impressed. As an actionmovie it was ok, but as a alienmovie and a horrormovie it was bleh. I actually prefered Prometheus over this one. It also had so many holes in it and the crew were so incompetent.. I'll put it in spoiler.

Spoiler
If a couple of people is gonna be responsible for a ship and 2000 souls on a one way trip to the unknown you would expect them to know what to do, to have protocols to follow and not panic at first sign of distress. 15 people to watch over 2000 and no backup or seconds if someone die or something unexpected happen (except for the captain).

Even if a planet look habitabal, why descend on it without bodyarmor and masks? You never know what to expect so why take such a risk?

The aliens has never been fully developed when leaving a body before. They always looked wormlike, but now they're out and read to go.. and they grow fast in a couple of hours, despite lack of food.

Walter had a certain hairstyle and selfhealed. Yet in the end his hair was different and he had to stapel his wounds and none in the crew noticed the diffrence. Either they cared so little to understand their droid or they were utterly stupid. It was painfully difficult to wait until Daniels realised her error.

lostpony

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 12:45:00 AM »
So thoroughly disappointing.

Spoiler
Forever I figured the Aliens were naturally evolved and happened to drift into our space in the ship we encountered in the original  movie.  This is one of those times where filling in the back-story just ruined everything cool about it.  I liked that they evolved by combining with their hosts, and it seemed to me they were having a rough time since meeting Ripley after being very successful somewhere far away, possibly long long ago...but told this way, they simply have no history and exist for just a few generations as a sadistic murder weapon with no purpose other than to be a scourge, and with no sustainable lifecycle of their own that makes any sense, especially at the crazy speed they develop in this version (which makes no sense at all as happening before what happened in the earlier movies).  The irony is their creator calling them a "perfect" species when they are about as good as a virus that kills off its host population and thereby extincts itself...surviving not as a predator but a pest dependent on resources they eradicate instantly.  It just sucks to do this to their story.

I always thought they might have been smaller, more conservative guys in some kind of balance with a really robust host race that managed to sustain them over evolutionary time, then managed to escape their own biosphere by vexing a spacefaring race or series of spacefaring races, maybe gaining more capabilities from those unions like they did in Alien4 where the queen gains the ability to reproduce without a host from Ripley.  Told as they are in this movie, they might as well be a knife or a gun or a bomb and have zero character of their own and it's just a waste and a total cop-out.

Plus all that stuff Beldarna says is true and vastly understated.  It's as bad as a teenage horror movie where the punks deserve to die because they have no sense in their head and the gore really has no payoff at all except the gore itself.  I'm only ok with gore as a byproduct of something that made it worthwhile and this wasn't.

And what was with all the lame "romance" anyway?  none of it made any sense, even the raging third-in-command willing to squander the lives of 2000 colonists and the entire mission because his wife was ill-advisedly down on a planet where they should have simply dusted off and resumed their mission.  And those begging for help who needed to be left behind didn't bother to tell him she was dead until he'd overcommitted to come for them, and he wasn't even a little upset about being manipulated like that.  Not one believable thing in the movie and oh yeah the fight between the "synthetics" was just a fast-camera-cut fake fight where you can't see what's going on so it simply MUST be cool right?  lame, just totally, thoroughly lame, stupid and insulting to the viewer and the Alien.

It just reminded me why for 20 years I never went to a movie in the theater unless it was Star Trek or Star Wars (before the prequels).

Unless you just like watching the Alien gore stupid people who need to be killed and then get killed stupidly itself, and you don't watch for any other reason, then you might want to skip this one.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 05:04:09 AM »
My fiancé and I will be going as I am a fan of the franchise. I am waiting to see it to pass judgment. I am also glad to hear that another avid fan liked it.

I was terrified of Alien as a kid but now really into it. My favorite is Aliens and Alien Resurrection, probably because those were probably the ones I saw most and some of the actors. I thought Alien3 was kind of boring and Alien of course is classic. For me the newest ones can go either way. I loved AVP when it came out when I was in high school; it basically triggered my interest.  I did not, however, care for AVP Requiem due to thinking they crossed the line with some of the Alien attacks and just poorer acting and setting. I am also a Predator fan though. Prometheus was a huge letdown and I barely remember it. It's the only one I don't own.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal