collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Accessory Pics needed for a website - New Combs and Brushes needed :)  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Accessory Pics needed for a website
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 08:31:58 AM »
Glad they help.  I did double check to see if there were any other ponies that came with spoons that I didn't have, and the only ones were the Teeny Tiny Twins and the Princess Baby Buggy (my childhood collection stopped after Year 7).  I'll be very interested in learning what you discover regarding the different shades.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 10:11:32 AM »
Ok, it's awesome that you want to do this, but I have to ask, why have you decided to make this website when we have the wiki? I'm pretty sure most of these will probably have pictures there already, which is why I ask. :blink:

A community can also never have too many resources. If the Wiki went down, then that's all that information lost. That's happened before many times in this community and information has been lost.
More sites also mean mistakes become apparent more quickly.

(On that subject, if anyone here is from the wiki team, it would be great if you can correct the information for Tic Tac Toe's comb in Europe and the UK. I have both those releases MOC - they have different cards - and both have the same comb accessory, not a brush like the US release. It is a pinkish purple comb but I am not convinced it is the one shown on the page, either. http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/tictactoe.htm for reference/evidence. I don't have edit rights on the wiki so would appreciate if someone could correct it).

On that same above note, the accessories in different places are not always the same and it becomes hard for people outside the US/Canada to match accessories they find with ponies correctly sometimes because most of the information on the wiki is (logically) based on the US release (about which there is just more information generally). More sites mean the chance for those confused collectors to find a correct match. And it creates discussion about accessories, which leads to mysteries being solved. So all in all it's a good thing.

The wiki began when there were already plenty of pony ID sites - more than there are now. But if the wiki hadn't happened, we wouldn't have the wiki. So why not have another site? The more the merrier :)

Chrissytree, I don't think I or the Scrapbook have anything you need on your list but if you see anything on there that you want to use, so long as it's my image and not donated to me, feel free to use it. I don't mind but would appreciate a note and a link back if you do :) normal procedure. You've given me enough help in the past that if I can give any help back, I'm more than willing :)

I am back and forth a lot too but if and when you get to combs/brushes if I have a MIP image that's good enough quality then I will try to help out (esp with ponies like Tic Tac Toe, above, where there is a definite variation on accessory that can be proven). I don't have a million MIP but I do have quite a few from the UK/Europe.

P.S - I have a snowball that came with my Kiss Curl's parlour (which is made in Spain) that looks more like your "Catnip" image I think than your "snowball" one, but I don't think she's either and I think she's a second version in the UK. Bearing in mind the variations all around Kiss Curl/symbol/HK and China etc, I think it makes sense. There ARE pictures of her on the Scrapbook if you need them.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:35:34 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 11:30:11 AM »
Ok, it's awesome that you want to do this, but I have to ask, why have you decided to make this website when we have the wiki? I'm pretty sure most of these will probably have pictures there already, which is why I ask. :blink:

A community can also never have too many resources. If the Wiki went down, then that's all that information lost. That's happened before many times in this community and information has been lost.
More sites also mean mistakes become apparent more quickly.

(On that subject, if anyone here is from the wiki team, it would be great if you can correct the information for Tic Tac Toe's comb in Europe and the UK. I have both those releases MOC - they have different cards - and both have the same comb accessory, not a brush like the US release. It is a pinkish purple comb but I am not convinced it is the one shown on the page, either. http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/tictactoe.htm for reference/evidence. I don't have edit rights on the wiki so would appreciate if someone could correct it).

On that same above note, the accessories in different places are not always the same and it becomes hard for people outside the US/Canada to match accessories they find with ponies correctly sometimes because most of the information on the wiki is (logically) based on the US release (about which there is just more information generally). More sites mean the chance for those confused collectors to find a correct match. And it creates discussion about accessories, which leads to mysteries being solved. So all in all it's a good thing.

The wiki began when there were already plenty of pony ID sites - more than there are now. But if the wiki hadn't happened, we wouldn't have the wiki. So why not have another site? The more the merrier :)

Chrissytree, I don't think I or the Scrapbook have anything you need on your list but if you see anything on there that you want to use, so long as it's my image and not donated to me, feel free to use it. I don't mind but would appreciate a note and a link back if you do :) normal procedure. You've given me enough help in the past that if I can give any help back, I'm more than willing :)

I am back and forth a lot too but if and when you get to combs/brushes if I have a MIP image that's good enough quality then I will try to help out (esp with ponies like Tic Tac Toe, above, where there is a definite variation on accessory that can be proven). I don't have a million MIP but I do have quite a few from the UK/Europe.

P.S - I have a snowball that came with my Kiss Curl's parlour (which is made in Spain) that looks more like your "Catnip" image I think than your "snowball" one, but I don't think she's either and I think she's a second version in the UK. Bearing in mind the variations all around Kiss Curl/symbol/HK and China etc, I think it makes sense. There ARE pictures of her on the Scrapbook if you need them.

Thank you, I enjoy exploring the Scrapbook so that'll give me another excuse :) I'll check that Snowball/Catnip one - I haven't finished looking for variations yet! That was a WIP pic. Which reminds me, I have a pic of a MWB Baby Lemondrop and Stroller which I've been meaning to send to you :) If you have use of any of my accessory images feel free to do the same :) I'd love to see MIP pics. I'll get in touch when I've moved on to that.

I'm very keen on highlighting differences between countries and regions - and I had spotted the Tic-Tac-Toe difference :) I've got UK ponies from childhood but also want to collect other country variations so I'd like for the site to be as complete for everyone as possible. We're a global community so I'd love to represent what everyone might have got as a child.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 11:35:24 AM »
Okay :) Somewhere I have a list of my MIP so when you get to that point let me know and if I can help, I will. I do have photos of most everything but it just depends on the detail element.

And yes please for the picture of baby Lemon Drop and box. I don't know that I've actually ever even seen her box...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 12:34:55 PM »
This is a bit of an experimental process. I've taken MOC/MIB photos and copied a sample of the colour of both the spoon and the pony - so I can tell if the colour is going to be completely off due to lighting etc.
The first column is the spoon colour, second is from my original accessories or ones I know for sure, third is the pony.
Some of these are very off but others are pretty close. Anyway lmk what you think

Breyer600 - Can I ask if you have the rest of the flutter wings? You're images are much better than mine :)
I need Forget-me-Not, Honeysuckle, Peach Blossom, Pink Dreams (although I think I asked for this one before) and a single 2nd set with plain tab.  :cool:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:42:28 PM by Chrissytree »

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »
I do have them and actually took some pictures for my own reference while I was taking the others for you.  As for Pink Dreams, mine came with the clear wing tabs like the second set flutters.

Honeysuckle:

Forget-Me-Not:

Peach Blossom:

Second Set Wing:

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »
Lol, Brilliant. Thanks very much :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 09:07:34 AM »
Pink Dreams here had those wings, too. She was one of the ponies sold at market stalls in the grey labelled bags, but she came with her wings on a piece of white card and mine definitely had clear tabs to fit the 2nd year sockets.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
Re: G1 Accessory Pics needed for a website - Updated list
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 07:51:55 AM »
*bump - I've updated the list of things I need photos of! It's really coming along so I just need a little help to finish off the sections I've been working on :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:32:56 AM by Chrissytree »

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2017, 04:02:30 AM »
Do you still need these?

Tea Party – Straw hat

Having a Luau – sunhat with flowers
-

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2017, 07:01:38 AM »
Do you still need these?

Tea Party – Straw hat

Having a Luau – sunhat with flowers

Yes I do! I'll PM you :)

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2017, 08:34:10 AM »
I have the Princess Baby Buggy... it's complete (except for the box). If you're still looking for pics, let me know. :)

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 08:36:32 AM »
I have the Princess Baby Buggy... it's complete (except for the box). If you're still looking for pics, let me know. :)

I certainly am :) I'll PM you about it :)

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2017, 08:59:59 AM »
I have a complete Lavender Dream Castle, I should be able to do pics if you need them.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2017, 09:37:13 AM »
I have a complete Lavender Dream Castle, I should be able to do pics if you need them.

That would be fantastic :) I'll PM you

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal