collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 491 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hi there!
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:11:41 PM »
I live in South Africa and grew up playing with My Little Ponies. They were my absolute favourite toy and I had rather a lot of them (of course, is there another way?) though I also played a lot with my Barbie horses Prancer and Dancer.

Well, fast forward a fair while till my husband and I moved into a house with our two boys. Finally I would be able to unpack my boxes of My Little Ponies, which had moved with us many times and been stored in garages and roofs, and put them on display. I am sure you can all imagine my horror when I found that the boxes included Prancer, Dancer, Seashell, Bowtie, Surfdancer and a whole load of random 'other' toys. Most of my precious ponies had vanished, I suppose I will never know what happened to them.

So I started collecting ponies again to heal the 'scar' and have learnt about a lot of ponies that I never knew about and also managed to obtain some big brother ponies which my soul craved when I was smaller, but I never managed to get. It is tricky though as we do not seem to have many ponies in South Africa, and they are often in quite sad condition.

I have joined this forum in order to learn more about ponies particularly Nirvanas which interest me greatly, and to have some burning questions answered about NSS Truly who is one of my favourite ponies.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 01:03:20 PM »
welcome to the arena!!! wow, what a heartbreaking story im so sorry to hear about your mysterious pony boxes gone  :sad:

hopefully you can get your collection back up and running soon! we have lots of experts here, so im sure your questions about truly can be cleared up! i have one of her myself, shes so darling, i love her.

do you have a favorite out of all g1s? or who do you miss the most from your collection?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 02:05:33 PM »
It is so nice to have you here.  That is a horror story.  There are so many fun ponies, I hope you find all the ones you had again and get all the ones you dream of owning also.  One can never have too many ponies.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 04:32:22 AM »
I really miss my Bubbles, as I have not as yet managed to replace her or baby Blossom. But who I miss the most is the SA Windy that I had. She was not my favourite then (no sparkly cutie) but my heart is bleeding NOW...

Truly is definitely one of my favourites, but I will ask my questions about her on the appropriate thread. Also Night Glider (naturally) and Hopscotch and Powder and... Picking a favourite is HARD.

I am really looking forward to learning more  :biggrin:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 12:09:06 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I'm sorry to hear that your childhood ponies "moved herds" without telling you!!!  I truly hope that you can find your favourites again someday soon!!  I am happy to hear that you have been able to finally obtain some of the boys.  They are special :)

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 02:16:13 AM »
Hi, welcome to the Arena!! I'm so sorry to hear you lost your ponies.. I'm sure that talking with people that love ponies and buying new ones will soften the pain! ^.^

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 11:58:11 AM »
Hi, welcome to the Arena!! I'm so sorry to hear you lost your ponies.. I'm sure that talking with people that love ponies and buying new ones will soften the pain! ^.^

Thank you! - yes, I agree that chatting to nice people and buying lots of ponies will help. Lots and lots and lots of ponies... oh yes! Just love the Nirvana Gallery, wow so many stunning ponies out there! Though first I plan on working on replacing my lost ponies.  :)

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 12:02:41 PM »
Hi NightGlider.  Welcome to the arena!!!  there are so many nice and helpful people here.  You will LOVE it on here. ^.^
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 12:21:43 PM »
Hi NightGlider.  Welcome to the arena!!!  there are so many nice and helpful people here.  You will LOVE it on here. ^.^

Thank you!  :biggrin:

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 06:22:51 AM »
It's nice to meet you!  A dear friend of mine lives in SA- it is such a beautiful country and it's great to meet a pony collector from SA :D  So sorry to hear about your childhood ponies and I wish you the best in re-building your collection  :heart:
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 01:24:12 AM »
Thank you so much Brightglowpony  :)  I love living in SA, it is beautiful and I love the people.   

Offline Brightglowpony

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 08:54:23 PM »
Thank you so much Brightglowpony  :)  I love living in SA, it is beautiful and I love the people.   

I agree that the people and cultures make SA extra special.  I was there this time last year and can't wait to go back.  Hope to see you around the forums!  :)
Wishlist

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 12:29:37 AM »

I agree that the people and cultures make SA extra special.  I was there this time last year and can't wait to go back.  Hope to see you around the forums!  :)

Absolutely! I am loving this - there don't seem to be many mlp collectors in SA yet and I have been craving information. There is just so much on here and everyone has been SO friendly and helpful  :biggrin:

Offline Brightglowpony

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 08:12:43 PM »

Absolutely! I am loving this - there don't seem to be many mlp collectors in SA yet and I have been craving information. There is just so much on here and everyone has been SO friendly and helpful  :biggrin:

I am so glad you have been enjoying it here. :D  I love meeting other collectors from all of the world, and have learned so much from everyone.   I just spoke to my friend in SA today and it’s always great to meet another person from there. ^_^  I hope you are able to find all of the ponies you are after!
Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal