collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DVD release questions - MORE QUESTIONS!!  (Read 416 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
DVD release questions - MORE QUESTIONS!!
« on: May 19, 2017, 07:15:22 PM »
I was going through my pony DVDs and googling things while compiling a wish list when I came across a few releases I hadn't seen before. I thought you guys might know some things I don't, maybe some DVDs were only released in certain places and that might explain why I've never seen them! There were also a few DVDs that I don't know a lot about, so I have some questions that I thought I'd put to the greater pony community.

-A Charming Birthday. I have the VHS, but is it available anywhere on DVD? It was in that crossover sort-of time, was a DVD ever produced? I know that Dancing In the Clouds has both types of release, so it's a possibility, but perhaps a slim one. I could always make one up I guess, but my VHS/DVD recorder packed it in last week, so I'd have to try the in-laws, I know we bought them one they never hooked up, so should be brand new. EDIT: Found the DVD available in a sleeve from a pony package, just the single episode, similar to Ladybug Jamboree, Friends Are Never Far Away and Dancing In The Clouds, etc..

-Positively Pink. The DVD release is just the one episode from 'A Very Pony Place', right? No extra content? EDIT: No confirmation yet, but as it appears to have a release in the single episode packaging as well as the proper release, I'm assuming this is the case.

-Friends Are Never Far Away. Same deal, Is it just the previously released standalone episode? Or Does it have extra content?

-G3.5 Meet the ponies. Is it just the G3 DVD, or does it have different content? It says 30 minutes, but the G3 one has 28 minutes of content. I cannot find any info whatsoever on this one, does anyone have it? What's actually on it?!

-G3.5 Once Upon A Pony Time. I know there's 'So many ways to play', but what was the other episode on that DVD called? Found it! "Over Two Rainbows"

-Legend of Everfree. Is it just available as region one, I've never seen it here? I'm not really into the Equestria Girls thing, but I want to complete the series. EDIT: Found it as Region 4, now online and in brick-and-mortar retailers, so I'm assuming it had a worldwide release, it just took it's sweet time. There is a new Equestria Girls set coming out later this year as well with Rainbow Rocks/Friendship Games/Legend Of Everfree in one casing, so I'm thinking of buying that and selling my Rainbow Rocks one, as it's still brand new, and I'm not really into EQG, but want a complete MLP media collection.

-Rainbow Dash's Special Day. I can't remember if our local release came with a DVD or just an extra outfit - I know Pinkie Pie did have the DVD though. I may be confusing this release with 'Dance Time Dress-Up', which had the same pose and an extra outfit. I'm leaning towards her being a US exclusive, I'm yet to track down anyone outside the US who has this release, in fact she seems hard to find, full-stop!

-Star Song and the Magic Dance Shoes. I have the book, but can't remember seeing the pony and DVD set here. I remember Pinkie and her DVD, and Rainbow (don't remember seeing the DVD) but have never seen that release of Starsong to my recollection. Was she US exclusive? EDIT: Found it only available online as Region 1 over several weeks, so guessing it didn't get a worldwide release.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:54:39 PM by Stormness_1 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: DVD release questions
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 07:33:22 PM »
"A Charming Birthday" is included on the Princess Promenade DVD  as a bonus episode but I'm not sure if it was released as a DVD by itself.  "Friends are Never Far Away" is included on the Runaway Rainbow DVD.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:04:19 PM »
I've seen A Charming Birthday released on its own on DVD quite a few times in used book/movie shops.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 08:09:05 PM »
I just found a storybook/DVD set online called 'Party In Ponyville' that apparently includes the 'A Charming Birthday' DVD, it's just not called that. Strange!

I have A Very Pony Place, but was wondering if the Friends Are Never Far Away DVD has anything else on it? Or is it the one episode and that's it. Same with Positively Pink.

EDIT: Thank You EverEverOn! I shall look for it to replace my VHS copy!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: DVD release questions - MORE QUESTIONS!!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 09:30:04 PM »
I've found the Legend Of Everfree in Region 4. Any more info out there? I'm particularly looking for information on the 'Rainbow Dash's Special Day' and 'Starsong and the Magic Dance Shoes' DVDs. Has anyone seen them sold outside of region 1?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal