collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Squeezer

have her
11 (27.5%)
want her
9 (22.5%)
army
0 (0%)
I'll pass
12 (30%)
new to me
8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 24, 2017, 03:41:56 PM

Author Topic: POTD 5/19/2017 Squeezer  (Read 802 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 5/19/2017 Squeezer
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 08:21:24 AM »
Oh, I forgot to say how I feel about Happy Tails ponies XD I'm not much of a fan of gimmicks in general but they're.. alright? I can go either way on them honestly. I think it'd be a shame to remove their mechanism tho, if it was still working/in good condition.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 08:30:47 AM »
I don't understand why someone would de-gimmick a pony. If you don't like the gimmick it makes more sense to save your money and let someone who does want that pony get it, since the supplies are finite. I'm a purist but I personally am not a fan of tampering with good condition ponies for no valid reason. Not G1, anyway, because they are getting harder to find and reducing the quantity puts the prices up.

Agreed I like my ponies with their gimmicks. I just come to accept them for the way they are. G1s are hard to find. Ive been very lucky in finding them in the wild. I know what I like and even some ponies with their gimmicks look nice with most of their accessories. Like the dance n prance ponies. Someone gave me one with their accessories and she looks fantastic. I think I may have another of her somewhere. I dont know. I do think she is pretty.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 08:33:36 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 10:04:27 AM »
I don't understand why someone would de-gimmick a pony. If you don't like the gimmick it makes more sense to save your money and let someone who does want that pony get it, since the supplies are finite. I'm a purist but I personally am not a fan of tampering with good condition ponies for no valid reason. Not G1, anyway, because they are getting harder to find and reducing the quantity puts the prices up.

I definitely understand that it might be frustrating to see vintage items get messed with, but in the end, people buy these with their own money and I don't mind them doing whatever they will with their own property. (within reason of course) From what I've seen, people rehair/reglitter/customize g1s all the time and I don't see removing an unwanted mech as much different.

That said, I will definitely leave Happy Tails ponies to those who like them 100%!

EDIT: Just saw your post in the unpopular opinions thread; I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. =P
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:34:11 AM by Cswift »
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 11:34:37 AM »

I don't mind the gimmick although I think it's an odd one. We sort of had them in the UK and sort of not. They were imports, probably via Woolworths, so they were American boxed ponies and not in the official UK line, but they do show up here. Although the only Woosie I ever found here was the lavender one.

I have Squeezer with her accessories, I think, somewhere. My sister also has her. I think hers came from a sale here, but mine may have come in a lot from overseas, I can't remember. They are not my favourite set but more because the soft plastic is kind of weird. The number of weird variations on their theme is interesting and I like their colour schemes. Squeezer is beautiful with her hair pink, but the naming sense of Squeezer, Woosie and Romper in particular bothers me. It sounds like the result of a bad night out.

Your girl sure is cute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 12:25:45 PM »
Want. She's very pretty.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »
She's not on my wishlist, but I would definitely love to have her! The picture in the opening post is the best picture I've ever seen of her by the way, I can't deny that it made me love her more (even though the blue hair isn't actually hers, it makes her look great). ^.^

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 01:43:35 AM »
She has lovely colours, her name puts me off a bit but eventually I hope to add her to my herd- just not top of my list
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 06:29:26 AM »
Don't have her yet.  Not super keen on the Happy Tails set, their spinning tails confuse me a bit.  It's supposed to be cute, I guess, but it just strikes me as silly.  Will buy the whole set one day, but they're not high up on my want list, that's for sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal