Creativity > Customs

Best substance to use to hold pieces together?

(1/4) > >>

Lucky_Ladybug:
So long story short, I'm hoping to make a custom (non-Pony) figure with a Mega Bloks figure. But it will require me to somehow attach something onto it. I'm wondering what you wonderful Pony customizers use to hold things together (or to attach ears or limbs if you're resculpting new ones for a bait Pony, etc.)? Is there a kind of glue that actually works? Seems like every glue I've ever tried, even super glue, doesn't last once you start trying to handle the toy. And I don't mean rough playing or anything; just gently holding it or gently playing with it/setting up photoshoots seems to break the piece off again. I am so disgusted with glue, but I don't know what else there is to use....

Tulips:
A two part epoxy adhesive might be what you're looking for. In the past I've had trouble finding a glue that works too, I hate superglue. I've only used a two part epoxy adhesive once, but I've had it recommended to me many times. Definitely do your research to find one that works on your materials and doesn't yellow though, I was borrowing one to use in a pinch instead of buying new so my results were 'good enough' appearance wise, it's bonded tight though! Another benefit is, since it's in two parts, there's no risk of it hardening in the tube like superglue.

Good luck with your project  ^.^

ColdRuru:
I'm into modelhorse and in Europe, so...
I use Milliput because we don't have Epoxy (but Epoxy seems to be the best) to sculpt and I use this:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

as glue. Very strong.
But in the US they use "baking soda" and it seems to be the best.

Thrice:
2-part epoxy like Tulips said. I've used it to glue Reaper mini limbs/disconnected parts, and it seemed very solid.

Lucky_Ladybug:
Thanks so much, guys! :) I will definitely check epoxy out, since we should have it around here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version