collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay´s Exchange rate  (Read 937 times)

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ebay´s Exchange rate
« on: May 18, 2017, 12:15:34 PM »
Hi, I´ve bought some item on ebay, when in item is on the list it appears on euros,converted from dolars. But when appears on the cart it is a diferent price, with 1,80 euros more. I decide to use an online currency converter, and the exchange rate was diferent. Ebay´s 1 dolar=1,10, but in currency converter was 1 dolar=0,90. So I decided to use another option: the Exchange rate is with the emissary of the credit card. It was a good decision?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:58:10 PM by alkevin »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay´s Exchange rate
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 03:33:31 PM »
Yeah, I never trust eBay's estimated currency conversion price. I used to use a quick Google search instead but even that is often off by a fair amount. Especially since PayPal also wants their cut.

I've recently found that the website of a major AUS bank has a currency converter that is closer to what eBay considers the current rate, so it gives me a more accurate idea of what it really costs. Unfortunately I don't know any definitive way to check prior to the checkout.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:50:05 AM »
My understanding is that pretty much anywhere you go will essentially charge a currency conversion fee which is why the exchange rate you get on a calculator and at checkout are so different. Whatever conversion you're getting on ebay/paypal/credit card is factoring in that they want their cut for doing the conversion. Using an online currency converter shows the conversions without the added fees.

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 03:18:17 PM »
I hope the fees for emissary of the credit card aren´t high.
Edit: even when I buy in a American online store the exchange rate is with the bank, right?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:25:27 PM by alkevin »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 05:01:42 AM »
My understanding is that pretty much anywhere you go will essentially charge a currency conversion fee which is why the exchange rate you get on a calculator and at checkout are so different. Whatever conversion you're getting on ebay/paypal/credit card is factoring in that they want their cut for doing the conversion. Using an online currency converter shows the conversions without the added fees.

Yep this.
But you should be able to Google what the fees are so they aren't a mystery.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal