collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP UK kitchen and custom Candy Parlor (pic heavy)  (Read 391 times)

Offline jrr74Topic starter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
MLP UK kitchen and custom Candy Parlor (pic heavy)
« on: May 17, 2017, 04:21:37 PM »
Little back story, and I promise to keep it brief.  In 2012, I came across some of my childhood ponies during a difficult time in my life.  To help distract myself, I started to rebuild my childhood herd through eBay.  Good or bad, it did not stop there and I continued to buy other ponies.  Then just as quickly as I started, I stopped.  Good thing because I was paying some silly prices; didn't know any better or just didn't care. 

Fast forward to summer 2015.  Once again, going through some difficult times...and once again, I turn to buying ponies.  I realize I have a problem/addiction; probably spending more in 18 months than what some of you make in a year :blush:  The worst part was that I purchase these ponies and then just put them in a bins which were stored in closets.  My husband referred to me as an hoarder and he was probably right. 

2017 and I am finally in control of my spending.  I no longer have the desire to try to collect every pony released in the US and have done an excellent job of resisting the temptation to buy Nirvana ponies.  I like to look, and sometimes ponder.  I have bought a few mlp here and there, but nothing like before. 

I am still spending money on my collection, and it does add up, but in an indirect way that I feel ok with.  My money now goes to the displaying of them, particularly playsets.  I have finally found my hobby in the creating of accessories and purchasing current toy lines to accessorize my collection. 

UK kitchen.  I did not create anything here, just purchased items from current toy lines and then added the table and chairs from Sweet Shop.  I take it back,I did make the wall/divider  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

[/URL]

Custom Candy Parlor.  I bought this off of etsy a little while ago.  I first saw it here under a thread about customized playsets and fell in love.  When I finally decided to get it out on display, I no longer really cared for the accessories that came with it (from the Sylvania Families toy line) and decided to make my own. 

Original photo from etsy. 

photos I took without all the accessories so you can actually see the playset  :biggrin:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I see you. And I will find you. And give you hugs!
Re: MLP UK kitchen and custom Candy Parlor (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 04:25:10 PM »
It all looks so cool! A little candy shop for candy coloured ponies!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 04:27:11 PM »
I remember seeing that custom playset. Gorgeous!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Regenveertje

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • What's in your head?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 04:28:05 PM »
What a great way to enjoy collecting! It all looks lovely. :D
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeper of Jello
    • on pink wings ...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 05:20:58 PM »
Wow. Incredible. Love all of the things you've added to both. All of the extras you've added to them really make them pop so wonderfully and give them a more realistic look. Love the new accessories you gave the Candy Parlor they suit it so much better! :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MLP Tumblr, kid-friendly & SFW: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 05:38:56 PM »
How lovely!!! A really great way of displaying your ponies, I'd love to do that too!!

Jules x

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Crawling in my crawl
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 06:00:06 PM »
Wow, those handmade props really do make all the difference; the Sylvanian Families accessories the set came with are cute, but yours take the parlor from an obvious plastic fake to what looks like a real candy shop that's been shrunk down. I admire anyone with the patience and skill for miniatures.

I don't recognize that pink pony in the middle. Is she a custom? She's adorable!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 12:20:01 AM »
That is very lovey, thanks for sharing.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 01:58:40 AM »
VERY adorable!
<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop <3

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+136)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 07:53:55 AM »
I love them both, you did such a wonderful job! As did the original artist! It's a drool-worthy project, and I wish I could over to play!

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 08:55:19 AM »
Super sweet candy parlour..! Love the custom pony too. What a great way to play and have fun with your ponies as an adult collector.  :heart:

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »
Amazing! I remember seeing photos of that playset on DA. It's super amazing! Love the new accessories! <3

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • My Little Pony fan
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 10:41:47 AM »
Those are so cute and great accessories! And I love that wall between the playsets! :)

Online Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 10:57:53 AM »
That candy parlour is right up my alley! It is so adorable! The gumball machine is my fave! So cute!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline jrr74Topic starter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 04:56:27 PM »
Thank you everyone  :inlove:  I love the Candy Parlor and wanted to make it pop.  Unfortunately by doing so, I covered up a lot of the decals and you can't see the back :(  The original custom pony (with the peppermint candies) suffered a smudge so the artist of the Candy Parlor re-painted her with the pony you see in most of the photos.  I am now in the process of making and buying accessories for a few other displays.  I really like the direction this has taken me; it has help make this into a hobby for me and gets my creative juices going  :heart: