collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anybody here cosplay? (Oh, and I'm back!)  (Read 1919 times)

Offline firestar0629

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • The Half Blood Princess
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody here cosplay? (Oh, and I\'m back!)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 01:34:28 AM »
I do, and it's a fun one I don't see a lot!!
 Mine started out as a Halloween costume and eventually became a full-fledged cosplay I wear to events. I actually cosplay as Severus Snape from Harry Potter! It's one I almost never see at the HP events I go to so it's a lot of fun seeing people's reactions to it among all the generic student costumes. We have the same facial structure and even though I'm a girl I'm pretty small so I can get away with it (in book canon he's only around 5' 6"...who knew?). Sadly I have no photos at the moment of the updated version, but I recently got the proper overcoat to go with my custom-made cloak and I look more convincing than I probably should.

I actually have a cute story regarding this one, about a year ago I went to a showing of one of the films at a local museum in their IMAX theatre. A lot of the museum employees were dressed up for it. There was a little boy around 6 or 7 who was really disappointed because he'd had his picture taken with almost everyone except Snape, because none of the employees were dressed as him. His mom comes up to me and says "I'm so sorry to bother you, but my son really wants a picture with you and he's too scared of you to ask!" It was really hard to keep the Snape Face going and not break into a huge grin.
That's what cosplay's all about for me honestly, bringing a character to life for people. <3

Post Merge: June 30, 2017, 01:36:06 AM

Your cosplays are great! I love Zumonjii especially, how beautiful!

I've been cosplaying for several years now. I go to a Japanese/pop culture convention in Pittsburgh every year, and sometimes we go to other conventions if we have the time. This year my friends and I were Scooby and the gang. We plan on doing this again later this year...maybe by then my husband will have a blonde wig. :lol: Anyway, I was Daphne. ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Last year I was "cotton candy" Garnet, from Steven Universe.

And this is my very first cosplay, from like...2010, I think? Tony Tony Chopper from One Piece, along with my friends and husband. My face is covered, I know, but my hat was my favorite part of the cosplay. I spent so long making it!

Spoiler

Some other cosplays I've done:
Spoiler

OMG your Ampharos cosplay is too cute for words.

clonecommander

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anybody here cosplay? (Oh, and I'm back!)
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 08:38:24 AM »
I'm back from my second convention............ and the first time entering a cosplay contest! Before the contest I had so many kids asking to have their picture taken with me, that made the whole day worth it! I even had the 501st members asking to have their picture taken with me! But when the cosplay contest was over and they were called the winners, and I heard "ARC Commander Eli" for Best Sci-Fi, I was in shock! Me? Winning a division in a cosplay contest?! What?!

Here are some pics to make this all worth it-

The most amazing Dewback sofa-

'R2, how many times am I going to have to explain this?'

Me and the local Imperials (And one photo-bombing Kylo Ren)

Geared up and ready for action-

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:58:38 AM by clonecommander »

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 04:31:32 PM »
i love cosplay don't really get the chance to do so, I usually go around as Sailor Pluto,or Faora, or I go as my fursona even though I only have ears and tail for her so far lol,  tho last year I added arm and leg warmers to wear at DCC and mixed and matched them with various dresses and it was a hit.

don't have many options out here though lol.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 09:24:39 AM »
I'm back from my second convention............ and the first time entering a cosplay contest! Before the contest I had so many kids asking to have their picture taken with me, that made the whole day worth it! I even had the 501st members asking to have their picture taken with me! But when the cosplay contest was over and they were called the winners, and I heard "ARC Commander Eli" for Best Sci-Fi, I was in shock! Me? Winning a division in a cosplay contest?! What?!

When people want to take picture of or with you, that's truly an awesome feeling!

Congrats! I'm too chicken to enter any cosplay contests. I feel like literally everyone else that cosplays at conventions does a better job than I do. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

clonecommander

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 10:50:13 AM »

When people want to take picture of or with you, that's truly an awesome feeling!

Congrats! I'm too chicken to enter any cosplay contests. I feel like literally everyone else that cosplays at conventions does a better job than I do. :lol:

Thanks! My mom talked me into entering, I was not so sure of doing it.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 04:15:58 PM »
I love your Garnet cosplay!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal