collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help identify a pony-related toy  (Read 468 times)

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Help identify a pony-related toy
« on: May 17, 2017, 02:22:13 AM »
Here's a mystery you pony people might be able to solve.
My girlfriend has been reminiscing to me about various pony-related toys she found in charity shops when she was little (this was in the '90s, in England; G1 featured largely). She has a recollection of a toy which she has never seen anywhere since and which we are not even sure of the proper name for.
Her nickname for it when she was about 6 was 'matchy ponies'. It consisted of a sort of large plastic circle with pictures of ponies around it. They were all in a rearing pose and consisted of Cotton Candy, Applejack, Bubbles, Lemon Drop, Blossom and probably some others. The top and bottom halves of each pony picture were separate, so it was possible to move them round and make, for example, a pony with Cotton Candy's head and Applejack's lower body. There was probably a game you were meant to play with it where the aim was to put together matching ponies, but all she remembers doing with it is making up stories about ponies  who got muddled up by magic and became strange hybrid ponies.
So. Has anyone heard of/seen this? Does anyone even know what this type of toy/game is called? We'd really like to find out, and maybe even hunt down a replacement.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
Re: Help identify a pony-related toy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 03:42:54 AM »
I found an ended auction for it! It's just called My Little Pony Game, which won't make finding it easy but here it is!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://en.shpock.com/i/V0hzVE0iXm56i0Xu/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 05:13:53 AM »
I used to have that, from a carboot sale...unfortunately I think I got rid of it already in my merchandise purge. I have seen it come up online a fair bit over the years though.
Weird game ;) I guess you could try searching for matching game...maybe?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 07:24:57 AM »
Yay for the picture of it! Seems the manufacturers didn't know what to call that kind of matching game either :)
I am truly impressed by the breadth of pony knowledge on this forum. I was afraid this was rather an obscure question.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 09:23:32 AM »
i wanna play matchy-pony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal