collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NEW Animated JEM and the Holograms movie!!!!!!  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
NEW Animated JEM and the Holograms movie!!!!!!
« on: May 16, 2017, 03:57:49 PM »
Hey there fellow Jem friends :D

In 2014 Hasbro released info which certainly seems to indicate they were planning a MLP and JEM animated movie and also a live action Jem movie.  http://tformers.com/hasbro-announce-allspark-pictures-division-to-produce-transformers-and-other-brands-during-earnings-call/24991/news.html

Of course we know about the live action Jem movie which was a flop- and we also know Hasbro's Allspark Pictures has in fact  been working on the MLP movie- finally scheduled to release this year.  But it wasn't clear until NOW that they were also working on a Jem animated feature!

Finally- confirmation: 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hopefully they learned their lesson with the live action experiment and the animation is based on the CLASSIC cartoon.

And yes, the Transformers fans were ticked at how they ruined a number of characters in the Transformers movie... and even though the MLP movie animation looks a little odd-  REGARDLESS there will be SOMETHING!  And above all else, Hasbro does not release animations without lots and lots of TOYS/Dolls/Merch in mind!   So WHOOOOO!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Animated JEM and the Holograms movie!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 04:05:18 PM »
Eeee!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 04:05:51 PM »
Something to keep my eye on.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 05:15:37 PM »
All the vintage things are getting reboots! Awesome!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 06:18:19 AM »
Wow, I'm not a Jem person myself but that's amazing news!! I hope it's great, the live action film sounded horrible from what I heard of it :p

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 07:26:10 AM »
The live action movie was Hell and we shall not speak of it... -_-

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 09:10:49 AM »
I don't know about this. Hasbro never learns their lesson about reboot movies, or the fact  that they almost always make mediocre/bad movies period. Seeing this so soon on the heels of the unspeakable awfulness that was Hannah Montanna 2.0 doesn't inspire me with confidence in any way, shape or form. In fact it makes me feel kinda jittery and unhappy.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:11:58 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 09:19:30 AM »
Omg there was a Hannah Montana 2.0? XD I had no idea! Was it the same singer/actress?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 09:20:28 AM »
Omg there was a Hannah Montana 2.0? XD I had no idea! Was it the same singer/actress?

That's what I call the movie that was Hannah Montanna, under Jem's name.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 11:31:47 AM »
OMG!!! I hope it's good.

I know it's a stretch but I hope it's like the IDW comics. Those are so great. ;p A girl can dream right?
~Foxtale~

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 12:51:39 PM »
I do wonder if it is going to be a movie, or a series-  maybe redrawn but based on the original stories in the JATH cartoons (kinda like how Sailor Moon Crystal looks)

I'd actually be fine if they did a series or movie based on the IDW comics too-  did they ever do that with the Transformers ?

Since the live action movie brought in way less money than it cost to make- I don't think they're going to be eager to risk that concept again- or so I hope.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 01:11:29 PM »
I didn't see anything in the link about a new animated Jem? :what: Where? :wonder:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 01:20:25 PM »
Well, it's kind of unclear really- it says:

Hasbro has developed tremendous expertise in producing animation. We are working with the world’s best studios and we know how to produce top quality animation cost effectively. As our content strategy and all-screen strategy evolve, we are building upon our experience in 7 animation and storytelling. In addition to television, there are select films where we are taking greater control of the process. We have two movies we are currently developing under our new film label, Allspark Pictures. These films are MY LITTLE PONY and JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS.

Building on the global success of MY LITTLE PONY, we recently announced we are developing a MY LITTLE PONY animated feature. We’ve hired a great writer with strong credentials in animated film.

In addition, we are producing a JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS live action feature directed by John Chu. The JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS story was re-imagined from a Hasbro vault brand and inspired by the social-media driven lives of girls today. The film is scheduled for release on October 23, 2015, and will be distributed by Universal worldwide, with whom we co-financed the film.

It seems like they are initially saying - hey - we are great at animation- and have two licenses (Jem and MLP) that we are making into movies through Allspark pictures.  And IN ADDITION we are doing a live action Jem movie.

Maybe they are just talking about the Jem live action movie and the MLP movie- 

But then the actress's post- that she is already doing the looping/dubbing - and the reference to Hasbroanimation, Jemandtheholograms and Allspark pictures- seems to indicate that they have also been working on an animation.  What that animation entails, is anyone's guess...

I hope we learn more soon!!!!

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 11:45:42 PM »
Intriguing ... I do hope it follows the new comics, or goes back in time to the original series with a bit more depth, but has absolute nothing to do with that travesty of a live action. I've had some issues with the new comics, personally, (mostly quality control on some of the writing/art) but I've overall been interested in seeing what they plan to do with the IP in the long run.

My main fear is that they'll get too dark and gritty. A bit of drama is good, and in line with the original, but if it goes too dark, I'm out. I like gothic horror romance as much as I do light and fluffy romance, but part of Jem's joy (and MLP's joy for that matter) was just how hopeful everyone always was. They had worries, sure, but even in the face of daunting odds, mounting bills, and fierce rivalries, Jem and the Holograms were upbeat, optimistic, and trusted one another. I'd hate to see that change.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 09:27:59 AM »
Iiiiinteresting!  I hope it's better than the live action movie--though it would be hard to be worse.  Those Google Earth screenwipes, lol!

So Hasbro's film label is Allspark Pictures?  That's also interesting, as it's a Transformers reference.  The Allspark is where Cybertronians' sparks (aka lifeforce or souls) go when they die, like their afterlife.

No, Hasbro has never done a cartoon based on the IDW Transformer series, which is too bad because the IDW series is great.  I'd love to see an IDW TF cartoon with a vibe like Transformers Animated had, only in space.  A character-based fun, zingy space opera.

(Actually, I just remembered that there was a web-only series based on IDW, called Combiner Wars.  But it was sooo bad that most fans would prefer to forget it, lol.  It wasn't put out by Allspark Pictures, so there's hope for Jem to be better.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal