collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK Postage *UPDATE: Will work or pay for help!*  (Read 920 times)

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
UK Postage *UPDATE: Will work or pay for help!*
« on: May 16, 2017, 12:59:48 PM »
Help!

So my friend is a HUGE fan of a particular British actor and I happened to find info on how to request a autograph and reassurance that this actor is very responsive to such requests. Problem is I need Royal mail postage for the return envelope. I'm looking at the website and honestly it doesn't offer quite what I had hoped for (a flat rate cardboard mailer) so I'm not really sure how much postage to order or if they will send the postage international? 

Is there anyone thatcan help me sort this out?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:48:08 AM by kasin »

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: UK Postage Questions! - Non Pony
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 03:45:59 PM »
I think I'll move this to the Trader Support forum, I think you'll have a much better shot there!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 12:56:26 PM »
I'm assuming you are going to have it sent to the US?

It's a flat item, so it would be essentially a large letter I think. Postage is done on weight and size and tracking is not automatic, it is an extra. That all said, for just an autographed card or photo, I imagine the weight and such won't make it too expensive to ship.

THe one concern I have with your question though is how you are going to send an envelope with Royal Mail postage on it to the UK as an SAE type thing. Are you planning on doing the transaction online? If so you will need to weigh and measure everything to get the amount right...but I don't know what Royal Mail's policy is on buying UK postage online with a card/account in a different currency.

I would suggest finding someone in the UK who can help you by being a middleman in the transaction. I think that will be your easiest option. I'd volunteer but I'm back and forth between 2 locations and one address the postal system is not totally secure while the other would involve burdening my parents, so I'm really not much use in that regard.

In terms of your original question, I went through the RM site's calculator and although I had to guess the weight of the item, I think your option is Air Mail - Large Letter and then either tracked or not tracked (the price is significantly different, from £2.50 for a really slow sea mail to £8.35 for a tracked large letter.)

It might be a smaller letter post item, but a lot of things are large letter these days, so I would work on the assumption that if it is any different in size from a normal letter, including making the envelope fatter than a folded sheet, it will be large letter.

I'm gonna assume you already tried this, but the link for the above price finder is
http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

If it's any other location than the US the same rules apply but price might be different. Most post from the UK out is zoned but it doesn't always follow that the price of something within the same country zone is the same for all rates...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 11:44:41 AM »
Thank you Taffeta!

Yes to all, I've checked the website and my primary concern is will Royal post ship postage to me in the US or Canada and I suspect the answer is no (though I admit I've not tried yet). US and Can post offer means to buy postage online and print a pre paid postage label myself, but Royal did not seem to offer a option like this.  (correct me if I'm wrong!)

Would any one in the UK be willing to either send me postage or have me send you the package and assemble and ship with all needed postage on it? I'm happy to pay for said assistance if you can accept PayPal or (ideal) if I could offer a similar service in exchange shopping, receiving packages or whatever you might need.

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: UK Postage *UPDATE: Will work or pay for help!*
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 10:04:11 AM »
Hiya I can help you out, pm me!

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal