collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who are you?  (Read 483 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Who are you?
« on: May 15, 2017, 11:22:31 PM »
Sure, you may have introduced yourselves in the Introductions forum at some point or another, but that may have been a while, and not everybody knows each other here (or care to go searching through a ton of other threads to go back and find who YOU are, and what you're all about) So let's all get to (re) know each other, or learn about each other for the first time, yeah?

I’m a struggling with social anxiety, multi-faceted artist who likes thrifting, drawing, watching anime and reading manga, coording gothic, lolita, gothic lolita, envying shironuri fashions, short-fuse, short-stature person who finds it terribly difficult to get in touch with a spiritual, peaceful lifestyle.

who are you guys?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 06:15:29 AM »
Cool thread, looking forward to see more replies! :D

I'm a goth at heart, even though it doesn't always show. I'm Dutch, but I'm also half English/Irish, and I've been told that especially the Irish part seems to be represented very well (both in my appearance and character). I'm very happily married, and we have two beautiful cats. The things I value most in people are good manners, honesty, humility, gratitude, spirituality and being able to really count on someone. What I hate most is being treated like I can't think for myself, and people questioning and belittling my well thought-out decisions. I also hate special snowflakes.
IT by Stephen King is my favourite book. My favourite bands include The Cranberries (my pet band, I've been a fan since 1994 when Zombie came out, I was 7-years-old then), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Amorphis, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Midnattsol and many more. I'm not really a series person, but I really love Joan of Arcadia and The Golden Girls. One of my favourite activities is smelling the air, listening to the birds and looking at the sunlit trees outside my flat.
Lastly, french fries and chocolate are my weakness (hello size 48!), I'm a trainspotter, I have a fascination for abandoned psychiatric hospitals and I buy WAY too much stuff, especially T-shirts.

I think that's about it. XD
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:55:57 AM by Regenveertje »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:22:03 AM »
Cool! I'm mewtwofan1, your average Canadian lunatic! Pleased to meet ya! I'm dealing with social anxiety and depression, love collecting ponies, jokes,puns,science, bideo games and animation. Once I get out of school, I'm gonna go to Cartoon Network and make a television show! Or become world dictator, whatever comes first. I was born on 9/11/ yes you read that right. The same day! What a surprise! Im Canadian/Australian so uh... sorry timtam maple kangaroo!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 03:31:49 PM »
im russian a girly genious who loves chows,pokemon and ponies i hope to own a museam i love phycology and i hope to be rich shopping is my weakness
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:52:44 PM by Mami Tomoe »
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 04:55:39 PM »
Me? I'm a chicken raiser, animal lover and very artsy of girl. I struggle with misophonia, which is no fun.  :pout:
I LOVE to draw, and my dream is to become a concept artist for Blizzard Enterainment, over in Irvine CA. :heart: I love the Legend of Zelda, Pokemon and Warcraft.
 My favorite band is Panic! at the Disco; I'm actually listening to their older albums as I type this.
I love meeting new people, because I cannot stop talking. Some people don't know that, because I'm shy with people I don't know as well.

I, of course, love ponies too, with g1 being my favorite ^.^

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 05:06:06 PM »
I am a high functioning austic that loves ponies and horror movies, I will watch anything horror. I also have a bit of a green thumb. I like a few other things, including video games, and writing fan fic. I am not on any social media save for google plus, and a few private forums . I currently have my own place, and live with my twin sister and two cats.  Whom I have dubbed the furry overlords, who will help me take over the world. I am also a bit of a record junkie as well.

Lhianneth

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 12:06:34 AM »
I'm Lhia! :)

Spoilered for long text, whoa!
I design textiles and frilly dresses for a living. Right now, I'm working on a spec line based on different types of witches, and it's really quite exciting! I can't wait to get past the prototyping stage and start working with the real materials. There's going to be so. Much. Smocking. And embroidery involved in these pieces.

I love cats and horses. The former means I have two fluffy cats at home. The latter is because of MLP from when I was a kid, and an aunt and uncle who kept horses when I was young. Technically, they still do, but since I no longer live near them, I don't get to go over and ride anymore. ;)

I presently, and hopefully permanently, live in Australia with my partner. I was born in the US, and lived in a few different parts of the country, so my accent gets all kinds of weird reactions over here. I've been asked if I was Irish, Canadian, Russian, Mexican, and German before. The German question having actually been asked in German, go figure. My partner also often gets asked if he's the American, because my accent has rubbed off on him.

I studied graphic design and Spanish in university, with a respective major and minor in the subjects. I also can read Italian at a primary school level, and am currently teaching myself Japanese. I'm also trying to improve my Spanish and Italian because they've gotten rusty from lack of use. I find languages really interesting and fun, and sometimes think I should have studied linguistics instead of graphic design. Alas.

I have Crohn's disease and was diagnosed about six years ago. It's fairly mild, but can make life a little bit complicated, and is a big part of why I'm self-employed. Good days are really good! Bad days are really bad. It also means that my immune system is terrible, so I catch colds quite frequently, and they hit me pretty hard.

I only have a small collection of MLP, most of which are from my childhood and currently in storage. I have a huge wall of MH dolls, however, a handful of EAH dolls, a couple of Pullips, two Hujoo Freyas, and a tiny Island Doll BJD. Customising dolls is something I love to do, especially rehairing. I started out customising ponies in college with one of my roommates, and got into MH customs a couple of years ago. I find it really soothing, and a lot of fun! I'd like to get more into BJDs and Pullips at some point, for the customising aspect, but it's such a big expense, I'm a bit scared to take that step.

I watch a lot anime (after having taken a break from it for several years...) and my partner is a TV show freak, so we're always watching something or another after dinner. We both also enjoy playing video games and board games, though it can be hard to find ones that work for two people without being super competitive. Our favourite board games to play with friends include Fluxx, Catan, Dominion, Mage Knight, and Cards Against Humanity. For video games, it's trickier. We're trying to find good cross-platform games that we both enjoy, because he prefers playing on the PS4 to PC most of the time. We were playing Paragon, but recent changes to the game have completely turned me off, so I'm taking a break...

We also go to metal gigs together pretty frequently. My favourite bands include Epica, Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Sabaton, and Orphaned Land. I used to love jrock when I was younger, and still have a massive soft spot for L'arc-en-ciel, Siam Shade, and a few other bands. Last year, we travelled to the US to visit my dad, but also to see Yousei Teikoku perform at Akon in Dallas. It was kind of amazing.

I guess that's it, for now. I got kinda ranty before I realised. @_@

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal