collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: S7 E9 Honest Apple  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
Re: S7 E9 Honest Apple
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 12:50:50 PM »
To me the joke about Rarity and the guitar was simply that a) it was unexpected and yet b) made total sense because she has been hiding her frustration and stress at Applejack's behavior with a mild and pleasant mask and is now releasing it all in one intense blast.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 01:04:36 PM »
-scratches head- I guess it makes sense in that regard, but Rarity isn't usually the type to hold things in, she's usually all "Omg get me a fainting couch!"
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online lostpony

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • loves applejackbunny . Starlily is best pony
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 05:07:48 PM »
The guitar is a fainting couch that fits in Pinky's hair.

Then again, an actual couch might fit in Pinky's hair.  It's a pocket dimension.
:lovey:                                                                                            .
lost in the pleasure of                             
35 years of Pony treasure         It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness photobucket
    *****BACKUP YOUR PHOTOBUCKET DATA NOW IF YOU STILL CAN You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
all my photobucket images: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Archer

• *MLP Convention Staff*
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 10:36:00 PM »
I have mixed feelings over this ep. At first i hated it because Applejack wasn't just being honest, she was being rude. I kind of got why Rarity had her as a judge as she could look at things in a different way and i found it cute how Rarity included AJ after their disagreements in the past. But her rudeness was killing me.

However i did love how Rarity showed her the error of her ways with such a simple conversation. It wasn't some over the top grand gesture that was needlessly extravagant (mare do well, rainbow zombie ponies) It was a simple conversation on a topic that AJ could instantly relate to. I actually liked the last five minutes or so far more than the rest of the episode. I liked how they dealt with the conflict in a grown up way for once :)
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[IMG]
Art Commissions are currently OPEN including anime art ^_^ PM me for details ^_^

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 09:11:40 AM »
Archer I agree 100% with your post! The last five mins or so was that best part! Rarity is smart!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »
This whole mess was Rarity's fault in the first place.  She was supposed to Judge fashion.  Applejack has zero interest or knowledge of fashion.  I don't know what Rarity was thinking by inviting AJ to help judge a fashion show, but it was 100% her fault that this whole mess happened.  I think Applejack had the right approach. 

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 01:25:38 PM »
I liked the new ponies and seeing Photo Finish and Hoity Toity again.
formerly known as LyraHeartsrtings
Check out my shirts at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2017, 02:01:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This whole mess was Rarity's fault in the first place.  She was supposed to Judge fashion.  Applejack has zero interest or knowledge of fashion.  I don't know what Rarity was thinking by inviting AJ to help judge a fashion show, but it was 100% her fault that this whole mess happened.  I think Applejack had the right approach. 
I actually agree with this. Everyone else was so shocked that Rarity had chosen the least likely candidate to be a judge for a fashion show. Rarity probably should've been a judge herself as it wouldn't interfere with her other duties and would've given an honest and non-hurtful opinion.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Sunset

• Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 03:03:55 PM »
I actually agree with this. Everyone else was so shocked that Rarity had chosen the least likely candidate to be a judge for a fashion show. Rarity probably should've been a judge herself as it wouldn't interfere with her other duties and would've given an honest and non-hurtful opinion.

That's actually one of the thing that doesn't seem to make much sense, imo.  Rarity talks in the beginning as if there are only three judges and she isn't one of them.  But at the end, she gets a vote and forces AJ to be the tie breaker.  It would have made more sense if the original 3 had voted and Rarity had been forced to vote to break the tie.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2017, 10:52:20 PM »
I have created an analogy of this episode's conflict.

Pony:  What do you think of this hammer?  The head is well balanced, and the handle has a good grip to prevent slippage.

Applejack:  I can't tell if it's a flat head or Phillip's head.  How are you supposed to drive in screws with it?

Pony:  It doesn't drive in screws.

Applejack:  Why doesn't it drive in screws?

Pony: It's a hammer.  It's not meant to drive in screws.  It's meant to drive in nails.

Applejack:  Well, if they can't drive in screws, hammers suck and anypony who makes them is stupid for doing it.

Pony:  You know what, I'm going to find somepony who cares about hammers to get a USEFUL opinion.
A pony fan novel You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is looking for feedback and proofreading. A group of ponies awaken on a strange planet where they face its most dangerous species and learn the secrets behind one of its greatest legends.  STORY COMPLETE!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2017, 12:33:38 AM »
Without having seen this episode yet, it seems to be an episode where the build up to the moral is forced, or something.  I think that's the problem with some of the newer episodes - the morals are still good, but the way we get to them isn't.  Also the way these comments describe Applejack's honesty seems more like a joke fanon version of her - i.e. insensitively honest.  It's in the same league as those who act like Applejack isn't allowed to lie because of her element, which is also silly, and hopefully just a joke.

Fluttershy who actually has experience with fashion
Does she though?  I remember reading that what she said in "Suited For Success" actually contained errors, and was hint to the fact that she wasn't that experienced with fashion either - hence why her dressed sucked as much as the rest of them did at first.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2017, 02:19:06 AM »
Fluttershy is experienced with sewing techniques.  Meaning she makes a good seamstress and can follow a design.  That does not mean she can create a design of her own.  Though, given her rant in Suited, she might be a good judge, better than A.J. certainly.  Though, a blind mule would make a better judge of fashion than A.J.
A pony fan novel You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is looking for feedback and proofreading. A group of ponies awaken on a strange planet where they face its most dangerous species and learn the secrets behind one of its greatest legends.  STORY COMPLETE!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • MOC Mimic
  • G1 and G3 Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2017, 12:33:33 PM »
I did like the part where the two designers were saying their belt was better when they were the same belts.  It reminded me of The Devil Wears Prada but I'm sure that does happen in the fashion industry.

Honestly I can't seem to get overly impressed with the episodes so far.  Something seems missing.  I always just watch it for something to watch but when it's done I'm like  :brow: :wonder: :sleepy:

Signature By: Sapphire Rain

Offline Sunset

• Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »
Without having seen this episode yet, it seems to be an episode where the build up to the moral is forced, or something.  I think that's the problem with some of the newer episodes - the morals are still good, but the way we get to them isn't.  Also the way these comments describe Applejack's honesty seems more like a joke fanon version of her - i.e. insensitively honest.  It's in the same league as those who act like Applejack isn't allowed to lie because of her element, which is also silly, and hopefully just a joke.

Fluttershy who actually has experience with fashion
Does she though?  I remember reading that what she said in "Suited For Success" actually contained errors, and was hint to the fact that she wasn't that experienced with fashion either - hence why her dressed sucked as much as the rest of them did at first.

Well, I was also thinking of her run as a fashion model.  She surely would have picked up a few things that way.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2017, 02:31:23 PM »
I did like the part where the two designers were saying their belt was better when they were the same belts.  It reminded me of The Devil Wears Prada but I'm sure that does happen in the fashion industry.

I liked that part too but this show has already done that exact joke with Rarity and Applejack in 'Trade Ya!' when Rarity wanted a new broach and Applejack couldn't tell the difference between two of them, claiming they were exactly the same. I was kinda surprised they did the same thing over again.