collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there any rhyme or reason to your collection???  (Read 2167 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Is there any rhyme or reason to your collection???
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 07:45:29 PM »
I started out just wanting to collect G1. Then I saw G3 in stores... bought those. Same with G4 until recently. Now im thinking just to go back to G1. :/ But theres so many other G3s and part of G4 I like. So im incurable. So I figure to downsize the non collections.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 10:26:47 AM »
I just collect anything G1, including merch, petites etc. Most of them are in a tub though, but I do have a shelf next to my bed with a couple of favourites, that way I can still enjoy them. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 10:36:35 AM »
I started out just wanting to collect G1. Then I saw G3 in stores... bought those. Same with G4 until recently. Now im thinking just to go back to G1. :/ But theres so many other G3s and part of G4 I like. So im incurable. So I figure to downsize the non collections.

Cured? Who wants that? ;)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 11:33:37 AM »

some do. some don't. some can't that is me the latter.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 11:54:42 AM »

some do. some don't. some can't that is me the latter.

Touche'! :silly:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 01:57:37 PM »
My line is simple: favorites only.
Do not have time/money/room for more. Somethimes I tend to finish a serie, because it's a favorite one :biggrin:

I do have one (and only) glass cabinet with all my favorites between the favorites inside, but somethimes I make them rotate. They aren't lined, but just showed on one side or another, placed together so I don't have the same color/pose side to side.
It looks like that:
Spoiler

And my goal is to have fun though pictures :P

The most important thing is to know what's makes you happy in collecting and enjoying your ponies fully!!

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »
I just collect pretty ponies :) I have no order to my displays and all gens and collections are displayed together. I do like to have gradients along the shelves so all the gens displayed together work well for this

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 12:11:29 AM »
I'm really enjoying hearing about everyone's collecting philosophies! ^_^ I tend to be more relaxed with my MLP collection, and it's nice to know I'm in good company. X3

The most important thing is to know what's makes you happy in collecting and enjoying your ponies fully!!

QFT! :)
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 07:47:39 PM »
i used to grab every pony i saw, but i kind of try to limit myself a little bit now. i try to keep the majority of my additions to g1s on my want list, although i still find myself straying from being that orderly, haha.
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 07:54:58 PM »
Nope. I get what I like

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2017, 01:57:40 PM »
I mostly buy which ones I like. For G1 I have a lot of sets I want to complete but I'm not a total completionist, just my favorite sets. I buy almost any pony or merch that I find in the wild. I do have a wanted list that I try to stick to for online buying.

For G4 I buy all new characters.

For G3 I used to buy every pony I found but they have been so plentiful in thrift stores I'm getting too many doubles and can't keep track so I leave them now and hopefully I don't regret it later.

For G2's I don't collect them but if I find them in thrift stores I pick them up.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2017, 06:02:29 PM »
Last time I arranged mine by year, then recently just put ponies wherever there is room.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2017, 09:00:06 PM »
Yes, I only collect G1 & G3 ponies and there is a method to my madness in my collecting, especially in case of G1.

For G3s: I only collect adult ponies that don't have 3D symbols or SLH. I also avoid duplicates, even if they're in different poses.

For G1s: I only collect non-white, tinsel-free, adult ponies that don't have glittery symbols or SLH.

As far as how I display them, there's no method there.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2017, 09:07:45 PM »
There's kind of rhyme and reason to mine, kind of not.

Like, I have most of the early year ponies because those are the ones I remember from brochures, so I'm extra nostalgic about them.  And there are some sets that I have completed, or almost completed, because I particularly like them.

There are also a lot of sets that I specifically avoid because I don't like their gimmick.  (Like the Sweet Kisses ponies, the Fancy Pants babies, etc.)

But then there are sets that I don't love and I don't hate, and I'll randomly have just one or two ponies from them--just the ones I find prettiest.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 12:49:52 PM »
I only collect G1s/G1 style fakies that catch my interest.

Since I'm just starting out, right now I'm trying to have every new pony I acquire be in a pose I don't currently own. So for example, even though I like Bow Tie, I won't be getting her anytime soon because I already own Parasol, who is in the Bow Tie pose. This said, I have "grail ponies" I would absolutely break this rule for if I had the money/resources...for example, Night Glider despite the fact that I own Cherry Treats, or Blueberry Baskets even though I own Sea Breeze.

I'm also trying to not oversaturate my collection in too much of one color. Despite how cute pink ponies are, it would bother me on some deeper level if I looked at my collection and could only see a sea of pink, lol.

Other than that, I'm basically just collecting whatever appeals to me! And trying not to go overboard because I tend to have an addictive personality when it comes to toys...
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal