collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there any rhyme or reason to your collection???  (Read 2165 times)

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any rhyme or reason to your collection???
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 01:03:34 PM »
I collect nearly every pony I find. I only buy ponies at thrift stores and flea markets, and I almost always grab every single one I come across.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 07:43:20 PM »
My collection isn't very organised, but it's fun. I will grab pretty much anything G2/G2/G3 that I don't have, no 3.5, and only G4 that I like. I'm not fond of 4.5, but I might grab that new line with the scenes on them, just as a display, maybe MIP or something different. I adore plush, but try to be restrictive because of size, so only buy in the wild or super extreme bargains now, I have no room for them! DVDs - gotta get them all, all gens. I particularly have an issue with G1 releases - the box art is so pretty and I buy them all. I need G1 DVD rehab! Books are much the same, but it's a slower process. I try to only get one copy of each story, so pick an edition and then search. I'm also obsessed with colouring books, particularly the G3 ones by Five Mile Press. Such pretty covers! I keep them in binders to keep them nice and organised because there's heaps.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2017, 05:13:15 AM »
I only buy the G4 Blindbags of FIM, because I've got a littlest pet shop display stand and I put them on there.

I collect G1 Ponies because I just want to get the ones who only appear in the specials, movie, and T.V series. And some that don't (I just add them when I recreate an episode or movie).

If I buy a bundle on eBay.uk I just keep the ones that I want and sale the ones I don't want.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Emberly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 12:30:55 PM »
I used to collect everything too! G1-G4 and one of everything, duplicates if they were slightly different.  Shelves of Newborn Cuties, G2 Babies, and Big Brothers abound. But I realized I didn't like how it looked and there was no reason to buy stuff if it looked bad on the shelf. Inevitably, I don't love the look of a bunch of G3s on the shelf. I pared way down to just my favorites and halved those- half on display, half in a box somewhere until I rotate.  I think G1 as a whole together just looks so much nicer. Then, I arrange by year (and set). I find there is often a commonality in color usage by year, so arranging them that way helps the color flow and look more organized.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal