collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wow, way more seaponies!  (Read 2834 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, way more seaponies!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 11:37:10 PM »
Those baby seaponies look exactly like Littlest Pet Shop to me.  :huh:
-

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 11:40:51 PM »
Even with a new species introduced we're still stuck with toys of the Mane 6... That is so annoying ugh..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:52:25 PM by mlly »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 06:02:02 AM »
I wish they had not done a Monster High and aquafied the mane 6. Aside from seeming like they got some inspiration from Scarrier Reef, it's just annoying that not even a different species release can avoid rereleases of the mane six.

I think the characters are probably based on the MLP movie- there are maybe a couple of new characters?

I'm not seeing "great scarrier reef" inspiration really-

I am talking about the idea of rereleasing the core characters in sea species format. Which Scarrier Reef did and which the MLP movie seems about to do. I wasn't talking about the plot - know nothing about that at all.

*shares cookies with LAW*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 06:58:20 AM »
I don't think they got the inspiration from Great Scarrier Reef, "turning characters into mermaids" is kind of a generic trope.  Like I remember Barbie doing it mid-way through G3;  I was so frustrated because here BARBIE was producing 'sea ponies' (for Barbie to ride) and Hasbro wasn't, lol.  And Hasbro themselves did it with the Ponyville figures near the end of G3.5.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 08:16:05 AM »
I don't like it either, the recycling of the mane six. But that's just Hasbro for you. It's like the G3 core seven.
-

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 10:24:33 AM »
Well one thing the movie is about is the Mane 6 turning into Sea Ponies so they are kinda needed since can you imagine if a kid wanted to re enact the movie and had to do it with the regular brushies? We are getting some new Sea Pony characters Princess Skystar and Queen Nuovo and all those little baby ones.

Then again I've never had any issues with rereleases since kids that are new to the show still will need the main characters. They just need to release some newbies too at the same time which thankfully Hasbro has been getting better about.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 03:59:34 PM »
I wish they had not done a Monster High and aquafied the mane 6. Aside from seeming like they got some inspiration from Scarrier Reef, it's just annoying that not even a different species release can avoid rereleases of the mane six.

I think the characters are probably based on the MLP movie- there are maybe a couple of new characters?

I'm not seeing "great scarrier reef" inspiration really-

I am talking about the idea of rereleasing the core characters in sea species format. Which Scarrier Reef did and which the MLP movie seems about to do. I wasn't talking about the plot - know nothing about that at all.

*shares cookies with LAW*
:beerchug: :pizza:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 01:03:00 AM »
Well one thing the movie is about is the Mane 6 turning into Sea Ponies so they are kinda needed since can you imagine if a kid wanted to re enact the movie and had to do it with the regular brushies? We are getting some new Sea Pony characters Princess Skystar and Queen Nuovo and all those little baby ones.

The bigger question obviously thus being why hasbro chose that theme at all.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 07:52:38 AM »
I know...I know....but....I think they're cute.... *blush*

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 08:26:08 AM »

Then again I've never had any issues with rereleases since kids that are new to the show still will need the main characters. They just need to release some newbies too at the same time which thankfully Hasbro has been getting better about.

Yeah but whenever new species were introduced/reintroduced in the older cartoons, we didn't have the established characters turning into them.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:50:51 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »
The baby ones are super cute, I really want to save up for them. They look about the size of my gen three mermaid ones, that I am still missing quite a few of them.

invinible

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
Yeah but whenever new species were introduced/reintroduced in the older cartoons, we didn't have the established characters turning into them.

We also didn't have a main character in those cartoons so good at the Transfiguration school of magic that change from 1 type of object to another was considered possible common place even when creating or destroying life is concerned as far as the general audience for the show could tell rather than just a limited amount among the theorist community.

lostpony

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 11:10:53 AM »

Looks like not ALL of the 6 get to be seaponies maybe....no Rainbow Dash, who I like only for her body...will we get one later, or is she stuck on land somewhere? hm.

Check out the wings on Fluttershy!  So nice.

LaW, those cookies and Cider, I mean *juice, must be putting some weight on you because you've become a Piggy Pony now!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:15:08 AM by lostpony »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 01:21:17 PM »

Looks like not ALL of the 6 get to be seaponies maybe....no Rainbow Dash, who I like only for her body...will we get one later, or is she stuck on land somewhere? hm.

Check out the wings on Fluttershy!  So nice.

LaW, those cookies and Cider, I mean *juice, must be putting some weight on you because you've become a Piggy Pony now!

...Oink...

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 01:41:21 PM »

She was at Toy Fair so she does exist.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal